Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

13 minutes ago, Marlamir said:

@Aquila Chrysaetos Exactly my feelings, i don't know i'm thinking about fallen/ruined ceilings maybe? Not sure how i will do it but it's the only idea i have.

Perhaps some support beams coming off the pillars on the left of the screenshot.

I like messing around with voodoo doll scripting in Boom. I made this needlessly complicated door that I'm not even sure if I'll keep.

mechanism.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181008_215151.png

1 hour ago, Marlamir said:

I still feel like this place is missing something yet i don't know what, does someone have some ideas?

Screenshot_Doom_20181009_131037.png.dd855654c9c94fc18bfe72a3b8d82b38.png

Ceiling looks a little bare. Try some spikes / poles coming down from the ceiling? Or maybe a new light source on the lower area near the water? 

Pretty sure you'd be able to read that; They're no different from the screens that say train times, for example. :P

21 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

[images]

these look awesome. is there a release on the horizon for these and the other similar maps you've showed off in the past? :D

2 hours ago, Tango said:

these look awesome. is there a release on the horizon for these and the other similar maps you've showed off in the past? :D

Previously I was just working on random maps (both Doom 1 & Doom 2), but recently I've decided to focus on Doom 2 MAP01-MAP07 so I can at least get some maps released in the near-ish future.

8 hours ago, SOSU said:

Working on a small E4 map for vanilla :)

Nice use of a pair of contrasting colors. I spot two general things that can be quite useful here:

1) More willingness to play around with architecture and other structural features that essentially change the contours (and perceived structure) of the room. The way the insets and metal slabs all preserve the initial contours leads to a generally underwhelming presentation, given how reserved they  are.

2) More attention to the neatness of feature transitions. Bigdoor as it is currently used doesn't look right to me. There are also doors and detailing slabs that cut abruptly at at points in the GStone where they really shouldn't. (And on the subject of contrast, the third shot could benefit from a different ceiling texture on the highest one, to improve the 'legibility' of the scene. It would also break up the big uninterrupted stretch of green.) 

I'd offer 50 Monsters m27 as a vanilla map with a couple of similar general properties as your WIP -- two primary colors (for architectural features + a third for highlights, which in your case is the sky) and a preference for orthogonal design* -- that does #1 and #2 well and looks good. You can see how the architecture ends up pretty much defining the spaces, rather than acting as a fairly reserved form of garnish for them. 

*I was tempted to point towards a very strong adherence to the latter as a problem with the shots above too, but I think that is misleading. 

Edited by rdwpa

I've very nearly completed a small, invasion-style map set within an ice base. This may turn out to be the beginning of a sequel to Sucker Punch, or may be released standalone.

781449145_IceStationBuffalo.jpg.75c73a1f4ac9258e2824db6ac0e2e476.jpg

Ice Station Buffalo (working title)

Here are some screens of a new map.

S8zeuT9.png

suVKm1D.png

LogTyvv.png

Also, I kept the purple map and finished it. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would initially, although it might be a bit too easy.