Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

No, please don‘t. My backlog of WADs I still have to play is already too big as it is... ;/

Well, I have started making the first of an unspecified amount of maps for a WAD with the working title of 'Campaign of Bloodshed' (cob.wad). Not sure as to the playstyle yet, just done in my own style, I guess. I am hoping that this won't take me drastically too long to complete. Eradrop's skyboxes are awesome. Note that texturing for the most part is not finalised.

cob1.jpg

cob2.jpg

cob3.jpg

cob4.jpg

since it was mentioned at some point recently there wasn't a clean, complete archive of all of the released doom dev textures pre-split, I don't know how true this is but I decided to try to fill that gap in case there isn't (fully expecting there is one and I just wasted my time...). I'm attempting to maintain the original game's naming scheme to avoid conflicts while including almost every unique graphic from the graphics sets, including things that might not be 100% useful. Everything's in Doom format so you can throw it at most engines and it'll be fine, though it's not strictly vanilla compatible due to tall patches.

I'd wish, but I just scripting the single attic room already took so much time that I doubt I could do it. The attic room is finished as far as gameplay goes, everything is scripted exactly like in the original game (zombie chicken crashes through window, zombie knocks against trapdoor and then rises from it, both can be blocked by pushing the closet or chest over/in front of them).

Now I need to apply better textures and also do models for the oil lamp and furniture like boxes and chairs.

A partial weapon and monster replacement would be possible since exporting, rigging, animating and importing models is fairly quick, but Alone in the Dark has such a distinctive style with it's low-poly models that they would probably look out of place in a regular Doom map. Then again, the background in AitD was also very detailed and beautifully hand-drawn, so who knows... 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, YukiRaven said:

QP298Dt.jpg

DmrJj1c.jpg

noEDZ3m.jpg

eq6mPel.jpg

Let's call this "Kuroneko Project" for now.  And assume a late 2019/super early 2020 release date.  Details to come by the end of the month.

Super nice hexen mod. I will be looking forward to that

Trying my best to make a convincing rock formation, think I'm getting better at it. I'm still working on that particular area. The map is growing larger.

MM2.png

M8.png

M9.png

4 minutes ago, Dutch Doomer said:

Trying my best to make a convincing rock formation, think I'm getting better at it. I'm still working on that particular area. The map is growing larger.

[image snips]

I just hope that's not a Vanilla map...

Just now, Novaseer said:

I just hope that's not a Vanilla map...

That would be nothing short of a miracle to get this map to run with Vanilla Doom.

Just now, Dutch Doomer said:

That would be nothing short of a miracle to get this map to run with Vanilla Doom.

Precisely.

1 hour ago, Dutch Doomer said:

MM2.png

M8.png

M9.png

[Visplane limiter explodes]

============================================================

I'm personally working on this