Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:41 PM, TheV1perK1ller said:

Well, I have started making the first of an unspecified amount of maps for a WAD with the working title of 'Campaign of Bloodshed' (cob.wad). Not sure as to the playstyle yet, just done in my own style, I guess. I am hoping that this won't take me drastically too long to complete. Eradrop's skyboxes are awesome. Note that texturing for the most part is not finalised.

Has anyone ever made a skybox for the original KDITD sky? Here is a "stock photo" that wants $21 to download the image (!!) But it would be great to use to make an updated skybox of the original E1 sky. Crop the top of the image and water. Reduce the color saturation and you're pretty much good to go:

90082517-ha-long-bay-islands-halong-moun

I may drop the $21 when my new computer comes and give it a whirl!

My google search query was: china mountains in sea. This photo is taken from Halong Bay (in Vietnam). I was actually there last summer, but I did not take any perfect photos like this one. 

@sparktimus: I'm really digging your style. 

@Hellbent Well, I did a foggy version of the peaks of "Huang Shan" in China. The original mountains in Doom were from Yangshuo Province, if I recall correctly.

Huang_Shan_Sky.gif

Those peaks in Vietnam would make for a good sky, too, though.

There are a couple of skies in this style in OTEX. 

My first map! my third attempt, technically, but I didnt get past a couple hallways in the other attempts. I went rather HAM on some graphing paper and then reconfigured in DoomBuilder2. I will probably add a 'train section' followed by a 'set piece/boss fight/multiplayer map'.

738714461_Screenshot(4).png.c93c0302aa0148cf93ac0409e8c5d595.png

8 hours ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

My first map!

Not bad for a first attempt, though it'd fit better in Wolf3D. Save an alternate version and try experimenting with the level architecture, make it a little less square and a little more loose. See what you come up with.

16 hours ago, Impie said:

Not bad for a first attempt, though it'd fit better in Wolf3D. Save an alternate version and try experimenting with the level architecture, make it a little less square and a little more loose. See what you come up with.

Wolfenstein is absolutely a big inspiration. And, oh, yeah, the exterior parts were just place holder geometry. it looks a lot more natural right now. I am just learning as I go, so I just draw boxes and then endlessly develop and improve upon it. I aint done the picasso thing with DOOM yet.

thanks bub!

Heres a foresty map ive been working on. Its really my first serious map ive been working on, so its not too good.oooooo.PNG.059084e453472f8883dfb8d5e7a2a21b.PNG ppppp.PNG.cac9564d8fd9465a0a9f7bcae864745a.PNG

Trying to figure out how to get this thing to work. I had a look into it, can't find much in the way of achieving it....But I know it's a ball ache (willing to try though, the trains almost made me kill myself anyway.)

image.png.72dfdc6a5b881bdcc0c27d4a7cde9b57.png

On 12/19/2018 at 5:40 PM, Mk7_Centipede said:

My first map! my third attempt, technically, but I didnt get past a couple hallways in the other attempts. I went rather HAM on some graphing paper and then reconfigured in DoomBuilder2. I will probably add a 'train section' followed by a 'set piece/boss fight/multiplayer map'.

738714461_Screenshot(4).png.c93c0302aa0148cf93ac0409e8c5d595.png

I'd love to see some really good detail in this, like a space station or something like that, Keep going!

13 hours ago, Xegethra said:

Trying to figure out how to get this thing to work. I had a look into it, can't find much in the way of achieving it....But I know it's a ball ache (willing to try though, the trains almost made me kill myself anyway.)

image.png.72dfdc6a5b881bdcc0c27d4a7cde9b57.png

What is it? I love it already.

On 12/16/2018 at 11:32 PM, Impie said:

Wait is this yours? Because it looks awesome!

19 hours ago, Impie said:

What is it? I love it already.

I'm trying to make a map from GTA 1 as a deathmatch map. The actual map is done, but I'm looking to add stuff to do other than just shooting at each other.

*edit*

Can you show us pictures of it? It seems interesting...

*Rhebiz post below mine, dunno how to copy quotes*

sure

Screenshot-Doom-20180705-135455.png
Screenshot-Doom-20180705-135907.png
Screenshot-Doom-20180705-142220.png
Screenshot-Doom-20180705-142422.png
Screenshot-Doom-20180705-143816.png
Screenshot-Doom-20180705-140937.png
Screenshot-Doom-20180705-144635.png
c2cc3d63e4.png

Edited by Xegethra : Rhebiz asked for images. Didn't want to make another post.

5 hours ago, Xegethra said:

I'm trying to make a map from GTA 1 as a deathmatch map. The actual map is done, but I'm looking to add stuff to do other than just shooting at each other.

Can you show us pictures of it? It seems interesting...

18 hours ago, Rhebiz said:

I'd love to see some really good detail in this, like a space station or something like that, Keep going!

There are 3 entrances to the base or you can take a hike for goodies. I think I have to redesign the barracks for better monster flow. The Datahive 'pit' at the end is painelemental+archvile+halfadozenhitscanners. You can navigate a few tight airducts but lost souls will chase you down. And I am still just getting a feel for the textures but i have a few ideas brewing.

Screenshot (7).png

On 12/21/2018 at 12:10 AM, bemused said:

a quick and dirty map i threw together in about 6 days, probably going to be placed into flotsam before the idgames upload happens

this looks awesome! I really love this style, and the environment looks really neat. do you create the environments first or do you plan it all around encounter setups?

1 hour ago, Tango said:

this looks awesome! I really love this style, and the environment looks really neat. do you create the environments first or do you plan it all around encounter setups?

thanks! :) i generally start off around a single fight idea and work from there, in this particular map i wanted a diagonally laid out baron roadblock type fight under a scythe 2 map01 style midtex bridge so thats what i drew out first. 
4Zd6GzV.png
The rest kinda follows on from there.. 
6RrR2ar.png
and finally drew a big circle around it all to make it a self contained building rather than a fully indoor map :)

On 12/22/2018 at 10:21 AM, Mk7_Centipede said:

There are 3 entrances to the base or you can take a hike for goodies. I think I have to redesign the barracks for better monster flow. The Datahive 'pit' at the end is painelemental+archvile+halfadozenhitscanners. You can navigate a few tight airducts but lost souls will chase you down. And I am still just getting a feel for the textures but i have a few ideas brewing.

Screenshot (7).png

It keeps getting better... Especially for a first mapI like it!