Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

17 hours ago, TerminusEst13 said:

@Marcaek is telling me to post pictures on the internet or else he'll call me names.

Eoraf5R.jpg

Will you release the texture pack ?

13 minutes ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

Will you release the texture pack ?

Ehhh. There's not really a texture pack used to release in the first place. 85% of the textures used are just variants of solid colors, with lots of really small linedefs.

Update on the SSG. It's been textured and put into the game with some basic functionality, though no animations have been made yet. I was originally going to include hands in the weapon animations but it's becoming increasingly unlikely this will happen because of the polygonal limitations of the MD3 format, since adding hands would consume so many polies there would not be enough left for me to make the weapons as detailed as I would like. Even the rocket launcher I posted earlier is already way over the limit and will have to be dumbed down and this is even without hands. It looks like the guns will be Timesplitters style then.

EDIT: I have decided to redo the texturing tomorrow since I feel the current version is a bit bland. Will also probably do some animation work as well. Might post an update next evening.

EDIT 2: Here are the updated textures. I decided to just update this post with the new pics rather than creating a completely new once since such such little time has passed. Will create a new post later once some of the animation work is done.

New textures:

3h5TAA3.png

IVMX2pg.jpg

Old pics are within this spoiler in case people were curious about what the old textures looked like

Spoiler

z8QTNQT.png

VGFxpX8.jpg

Edited by hardcore_gamer

I updated my earlier post with the SSG textures. I wasn't satisfied with the original ones so I re-textured the model and it looks considerably better now.

working on the sixth level of a mod called Backwoods.

this is the level where you get the BFG. I wanted to wet your apatite for it early on in the level and let you see it's destructive force so I put in a window early on that lets you glimpse the trail of destruction it leaves behind.

Edited by ShortedOutFuse

1 hour ago, ShortedOutFuse said:

working on the sixth level of a mod called Backwoods.

this is the level where you get the BFG. I wanted to wet your apatite for it early on in the level and let you see it's destructive force so I put in a window early on that lets you glimpse the trail of destruction it leaves behind.

Screenshot_Doom_20190305_071233.png.372586ff230166d90881449f63bd2dfd.png

I suggest replacing the textures with new MS paint graphics as well to maintain artistic consistency.

44 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

I suggest replacing the textures with new MS paint graphics as well to maintain artistic consistency.

Yeah, I plan on making more cartoony textures to fit with the rest of the custom assets.  I just want to get the levels finished, or at least to a point where they’re beatable, first.

This is an Aztec map I started working on years ago. I hit some limits and quit working on it. Now that things have improved with editing, GZdoom and such I decided to start working on it again. I will be working on the buildings first and the underground. It will have lots of traps, new weapons and six different key locked areas. I'm hoping to have this work in Doom 2 and Heretic. Some textures are set but most will change. I'm just building with default textures as place holders for now.

Pic 1 is where I stopped in 2000:

Pic 2-7 were I am today after a couple months of re editing:

Mazura1-6 (edit area) at 2019.03.05 12-58-46.959 [R3048].jpg

Map01Aztec_Heretic_V2.2-6 (edit area) at 2019.03.05 11-35-42.212 [R3048].jpg

Screenshot_Heretic_20190221_151254.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20190226_175900.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20190303_171325.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20190305_105826.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20190305_131502.png

17 minutes ago, Tango said:

I am a sucker for high contrast and repetition. looks awesome @Cartel

That's why I decided to make this a secret map since I already done something similar to this, just using a different color. Simple but cool looking. However, I've started working on map 29, which will be a snow castle theme map. I plan to spend a good bit of time on that map. I want a big finale map before moving onto the Icon of Sin. Definitely will be an eye-candy map. 

Almost done with these two maps:

A shorter tech base map

7-1.JPG.e8befb51a18ccd94643e0d9e2aac3c49.JPG

And a gothic hellish map

25-1.JPG.ab169c35c1aaa257107bd7354294c3c3.JPG

25-2.JPG.07c317ce15b53eaabdf80014a15c8d0a.JPG

Ketucky in the upper left is entirely unintentional/coincidental.

@PeterMoro, hey thanks. Could be a couple weeks or a month. When are you putting something out? I saw your progress above and it reminded me of a certain epic tech base I once had a good time getting lost in.

Some more early work screenshots of an area I am working on. Proper work just started and there is still lots of stuff that hasn't been finished. It's suppose to be a storage room with some boxes and stuff in it. Those things haven't been added yet. There will also be some safety rails and stuff but that hasn't been modeled yet either. The stairs in the final version will also be 3D and not just normal sectors, but as with the rails that might require models that haven't been made yet. The lightning is also much brighter than the final version will be since the area is still being worked on. This is actually the same room from the earlier SSG preview image.

ViHNvOW.jpg

UBuIft7.jpg

8bnUWEK.jpg

They are only versatile when in the right hands it seems. And you sir use them quite nicely.

15 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

@PeterMoro, hey thanks. Could be a couple weeks or a month. When are you putting something out? I saw your progress above and it reminded me of a certain epic tech base I once had a good time getting lost in.

LOL won't be as big and complex as my last map. No need to check your map this time around. 

Well hopefully my map will be finished before Summer. I've decided to dedicate an hour a day to get it finished ASAP. I just can't seem to make a small map. I compile my ideas and when they translate in GZDB, things come out huge. I'll just keep chipping away until it's done. 

There are two maps. The first is finished and I'm very tempted to release it separately but I've decided to wait and release both together, as they are connected. 

MAP01 at 2019.03.08 15-17-45.219 [R3041].jpg

MAP01 at 2019.03.08 15-18-17.312 [R3041].jpg