Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Decided to make a little lab to test my items/enemies (right now it's literally just a shell). Also been working on the gold varients of the enemies used for ultimate difficulty (and for the later chapters past chapter 2).

The following images were all taken on ULTIMATE difficulty (equivalent to NIGHTMARE!)

866684284_TMoD3D14.png.8908ade9862b5cca4bfee6162d1f9808.png

I was at 100hp when I entered this map. This is how much damage ONE punch the golden rabbit robot does on Ultimate. And the rabbit attacks fast and swings twice.

Hope you like dying! :D

790280421_TMoD3D15.png.0f02fad089eeed87235555182878ddcb.png

Regular and Golden varients of the cat robot and the hawk robot.

432077753_TMoD3D16.png.5c025fa475707590519d12c59687344c.png

Regular and Golden varients of the Rabbit robot and the Wolf robot.

Hope to finish uo the enemy list with probably just 1-2 more types (and their golden forms).

@Rhebiz I think you should use a different rock texture, as that one you have there tiles vertically really abruptly, and it makes it look bad in my opinion.

Hellcore has nice rock textures, I expect you could find one there that tiles vertically more nicely than that one.

4 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

@Rhebiz I think you should use a different rock texture, as that one you have there tiles vertically really abruptly, and it makes it look bad in my opinion.

Hellcore has nice rock textures, I expect you could find one there that tiles vertically more nicely than that one.

I was Kind of looking for a wider variety actually, Im using some from Dues Vult II so thanks for the recommendation. I will post a picture when I'm done with retexturing.

5 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

OTEX has some great rock materials to choose from, if you're still looking.

I am still looking. Thank you for the recommendation. My question is can people take some of the textures from OTEX. Ukiro did say this:

quote.PNG.9d46ece7bb7c3da7c811df575009ad16.PNG

Glad you're aware of the usage 'rules'. The idea is you use them and then advise the player to load otex.wad alongside your wad, rather than include the textures in your wad. You're always welcome to reach out to ukiro and see if they're willing to let you isolate a few resources - no idea if they'll say yes or no though.

Good luck!

Ammo Satchel: It increase the fire rate by 2x.

Credit is where credit is due:

Sprite is modified version of the sprite used by the Bag of Holding in Heretic.

(Used: SLADE and paint.net)

Ammo Satchel.zip

49 minutes ago, Zanieon said:

Didnt even know you made (Or making) Hunters Moon. That looks gorgeous by the way.

9 hours ago, TheHit_61x said:

@pcorf Is this going to be 2019 ADO?

Time to reveal some more details about this project but please don't get too excited yet. But we're aiming for August 2022 for the 20th anniversary of 2002ado. If it is not complete by then, it will be a 30th anniversary Doom megawad in 2023. 4 episodes, 36 levels with the possibility of a bonus community episode (plenty of time to decide on that). Half of them are currently complete. I have made most of the maps, Christian Hansen has made a few with me doing some touchups. Kristian Nebula intends to do the entire Episode 3 and we all know how amazing his hellish maps are. The project will be for limit removing (Kristian's maps for E3 have some Boom features) and there will be an original MIDI soundtrack with a few tributes to 2002ado but mostly original. Episode 1 only uses sidedef textures from the TEXTURE1 lump and no water or lava is used, it is intended to use Shareware only resources.

Level 1 Comparison: original Fears (Amiga), and my Gzdoom remake.

EDIT: Uploaded a better video.

Edited by Impie

@Impie That is really cool! I remember playing Fears on my Amiga 1200. I did like it quite much. Great work so far, would like to try your mod out. 

Already I am preparing for the next level gradually bonus + So what's new with red Phobos path and the direction that I want to do

@Zanieon That was incredible! A very classy way to handle level transitions. It's possibly a little long-winded, so I'd consider an option to speed this up / skip it for those who are returning; though I'd probably never hit that skip button myself :P