Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

4 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Map for the All techbase megawad community project:

XlcuZBT.png

fWlGL3I.png

ZzkvoR0.png

I love that everyone's interpretation of "metal works" is just: Put lava all over the place because Lava = metal. because that's the first thing I did with my map too. I guess it'll give the episode identity if anything. Really like the visuals, btw.

8 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

I love that everyone's interpretation of "metal works" is just: Put lava all over the place because Lava = metal. because that's the first thing I did with my map too. I guess it'll give the episode identity if anything. Really like the visuals, btw.

I'd be the odd one out. Had an idea for a techbase in a cave, sans liquid flats.

3 hours ago, PeterMoro said:

Please post a lot. Show us your best work!

That's all I can show for now :p

I'll try to post more as I progress, specially because right now I'm making the best area of this section heh, wait for it!

1 hour ago, Egg Boy said:

Thanks a lot. I think that lava will resembles melted metals (like foundrries), but I think i'll going change with something else like nukage or some other thing that will be like "waste material water" or another similar thing...

Funny actually that in the same map i've chose to surround this of lava, that will be need definitely a change I guess...

22 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Thanks a lot. I think that lava will resembles melted metals (like foundrries), but I think i'll going change with something else like nukage or some other thing that will be like "waste material water" or another similar thing...

Funny actually that in the same map i've chose to surround this of lava, that will be need definitely a change I guess...

Nah man, you don't have to change it, it looks great.

55 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Your map looks great! I don't think you need to change it as well. Also, making E2 the "lava episode" is a great idea imo.

It's time to take a small break, I'm mapping a bit slow today because... Well, it's not inspiration problems or anything, I'm just a bit lazy haha.

But take some last screenshots for now (Not for today because I will continue this later, maybe)

Captura de pantalla (4890).png

Captura de pantalla (4891).png

Captura de pantalla (4896).png

4 hours ago, Archie550 said:

Making some progress on this cavern area.

I'm not usually one for cavern maps, but this looks great! It needs more lighting variation, though.

12 hours ago, Zanieon said:

Gonna finish this room tomorrow, flat walls behind the camera in case anyone wonder about it: P2XNmHn.jpg

where did u get the quake 3 textures? or that q3a

20 hours ago, Rhebiz said:

That looks cool Archie! What is this for?

It's for my megawad that I'm working on. This is map20

9 hours ago, zinkai said:

where did u get the quake 3 textures? or that q3a

I ripped them on my own from the game, also Team Arena ones.

And no, that's GZDoom actually :P

EDIT: Other side of the room finished:
FzM1pEa.jpg

Edited by Zanieon

I'm trying to create a relatively believable urban environment, so I reckoned I'd need banners. Lots of them. Since this is a dirty, nasty future, these are the most ludicrous things I can come up with. Even if you don't stop to read, I hope they'll add color and variety. And tell more about the world, increasing the immersion.

Screenshot_Doom_20190609_184304.png.3d30e7e5dfc931ee59da12e3ea199dd2.png

Edited by Szuran

On 6/5/2019 at 1:46 AM, Archanhell said:

I hope you don't mind me posting a lot.

By the way, I don't know how to put Screenshots on spoiler, so if someone can tell me I will edit the post ASAP...

Maybe.

Captura de pantalla (4853).png

Captura de pantalla (4854).png

Captura de pantalla (4857).png

Captura de pantalla (4859).png

Captura de pantalla (4860).png

I am really loving this, dude

1 hour ago, Van Daemon said:

I am really loving this, dude

Thank you very much, matey, have some more, actually, those are the last of this Area. :p

I'll publish more until I finish this map. (1 or 2 months more possibly.)

Then I'll publish the MAP02-MAP03 Demo so everyone can play it. (It will be the last Demo until I finish the other 3 Maps after this one sadly.)

Captura de pantalla (4936).png

Captura de pantalla (4937).png

Captura de pantalla (4938).png

Captura de pantalla (4940).png

So, I'm putting what I learned about looping design and studying other interconnected maps:

lost_arficteat_at_2019.06.10_23-55-48.15

Grid rotation also helps here.
(I also aware of typo here, map will get different name)

How can one spend over 6 hours on an easter egg that doesn't take more than 6 minutes to complete?! :roll: Curious if someone recognizes this game from the 90's  :D

Screenshot_Doom_20190611_001203.jpg.e7e3b9e7b2fc444e6654611811bc9a14.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20190611_003535.jpg.8882be0c2caf9b2f986514671b80e554.jpg

On 6/6/2019 at 10:12 AM, Egg Boy said:

I really intended the metal works thing to be mostly lava aswell, kinda like one of the maps in TNT that I can't remember off the top of my head.

49 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

Screens of map for Techbase project.

Oops!SMGtechMAP25 (edit area) at 2019.06.10 17-36-32.838 [R2787].jpg

Oops!SMGtechMAP25 (edit area) at 2019.06.10 17-37-49.612 [R2787].jpg

Oops!SMGtechMAP25 (edit area) at 2019.06.10 17-38-04.509 [R2787].jpg

Oops!SMGtechMAP25 (edit area) at 2019.06.10 17-38-20.702 [R2787].jpg

Impressive, the last one is gorgeous, and that good door3 at the beginning!

9 hours ago, ZeMystic said:

I really intended the metal works thing to be mostly lava aswell, kinda like one of the maps in TNT that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I don't recall evilution correctly, but it must be Mill?

There's also one map in Plutonia (in the middle section of the megawad) with the same style...