Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

image.png.a045486b68f87d7a98c463b11fc17edd.png

Another stream, more progress. Somebody suggested me this time to make a bacteriophage inspired room and I ended up making that. I'll leave the detailing for later. I also added some other rooms to the left.

Next time the make the map less right heavy.

So really close to finishing this map, been working on it for almost a year, couple of hours a week. Gameplay is around 60-90mins - it's huge. After playtesting and tweaking it should be ready around March 20. BRILLIANT TIMING. No-ones going to play it LOL.

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.03.15 11-41-31.274 [R3107].jpg

On 3/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, VGA said:

@pcorf

Inspired by modern Romero maps? :D

Yep, an E5 map. But not as cramped. The 1024x256 sky is original. Next Doom Odyssey needs an alternative to SIGIL, but PCORF style maps with some inspiration from Romero. Expect a lot less shootable eye switches though. The first 4 episodes will have songs made by me but E5 will also use Jimmy's songs as well, mostly from 30in30. All map and song credits will be in the readme. Enough spoilers anyway.

Edited by pcorf

15 hours ago, Kristian Nebula said:

I think with all the quarantines being implemented we will see a positive surge in amounts of quality doom maps in 2020 ;)

Someone should start an MBF-compatible Doom Community Quarantine Mapset (DCQM) to mark this historic time period (and the new MBF ports)!

What have I done?

from my WIP mod Abysm 2: Infernal Contract

Edited by jazzmaster9

I am working on this project,I am not good at making maps or music but i am decent at sprites and coding.If someone would make some maps or music for my wad I'll like that.THX

Here is the link,it is WIP:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xxOPEgkKZtjaG6hR_CbwteuCmxqJoWPL

On 3/18/2020 at 6:37 AM, Guardsoul said:

Time for a little night walk

Screenshot_Doom_20200318_123332.png.75714d02538631ee48fc9abd5dfa7a57.png

Are you using textures from valiant? Those trees also look familiar from some skillsaw wad, maybe Hanging Gardens?

1 minute ago, nue said:

Are you using textures from valiant? Those trees also look familiar from some skillsaw wad, maybe Hanging Gardens?

The texture pack used is OTEX made by @ukiro, no other textures in the whole wad. Trees and bushes have been extracted from Paradise made by @Tango (I need to check if he made those or got them from elesewhere though).

On 3/19/2020 at 8:02 AM, Guardsoul said:

Trees and bushes have been extracted from Paradise made by @Tango (I need to check if he made those or got them from elesewhere though).

I didn't make those but I wish I had :D they're great trees. I pulled em from Knee Deep in the Jungle

edit: while I'm here though, might as well ask. @Sergeant_Mark_IV do you remember where the trees in KDitJ came from? were they sourced from somewhere, or did you make them yourself?

Edited by Tango

I have made a lot of progress these past couple days. I purchased a 2nd computer for work cause it was difficult to find time to work on my mod after my shift. Now, I can be able to work on my mod and my job all at once! Woohoo!

An awesome member of moddb showed me a link about a Rapid Fire pickup. I tweaked with the pickup til I felt satisfied with the features. The only problem is that it only lasts through out one map, instead of the entire game play. That's fine, as long as I have a working Rapid Fire Pickup, I'm golden.

Oh, I changed the Hue/Saturation on the LFG-2000 to a deeper blue tone.

R6LeFfS.png

I worked on new sprites for the Power ups. I'll have to admit it was difficult to tell originally what power ups did what... They were carrots with different animation frames. Now, the carrots are in similar colored spheres from Doom.

(Left to Right)

• Loco Sphere (Quad Damage)
  • Life Carrot (Gives 300 Health)
  • Invulnerability
  • Soul Carrot (Gives 100 Heath)
  • Mega Carrot (Give 200, Health & Armor)

yrZClJT.png

I got the Hip Hop to work.

• Shoot his cage
  • Set him free
  • He'll help you

CVJjaaP.png

1h84RNn.png

On 3/19/2020 at 7:27 AM, PeterMoro said:

Today's work:

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.03.19 21-23-37.098 [R3107].jpg

If your project is UDMF, you can align those brick flats to the angle of the steps, would make it look a bit nicer.  (I assume it's UDMF because I thought I saw a 3D Floor in an earlier screen)