Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

The Abandoned Mines as a city map for Switcheroom 2. I just completed the layout of this map I hopefully I finish all of the thing placement this weekend. With this map done there we will only be waiting on one more map before Switcheroom 2 is ready for beta testing. If all goes well that will happen before the month is over :)

qyvDetx.png

RorydX6.png

WNcCyJq.png

gaDMCnD.png

The screenshots of wads currently in progress posted on here all look amazing. I can't wait to try them all. 😁

First time mapping in doom, its for the kontracommando/payload aliens eradication map set. Only the last picture has brightness/light spots.

1 minute ago, morse_deal_with_god said:

First time mapping in doom, its for the kontracommando/payload aliens eradication map set. Only the last picture has brightness/light spots.

I loved the Alien Trilogy game on PS1. Looking forward to playing this one. 😁👍

50 minutes ago, Guardsoul said:

The fortress is taking shape

Now that is just crazy good looking!

16 minutes ago, morse_deal_with_god said:

Dude you HAVE to try Aliens Eradication mod that just came out, its probably one of the best alien games ive ever played.

Cool, I'll have a look at it when I get a chance as I'm currently working on my first map set. 

1836740379_croutondancer2.png.9b2fd05b5db57f44994fc3bb35bf0f30.png

making hideous maps with default textures, and not even the nice textures
falling in the lava, not having enough ammo to fight stuff etc all the good stuff giggle

when i try to make nice levels i spend weeks and weeks on them and then abandon them
working like this suits me more

5 hours ago, Szuran said:

It's all coming together.

Screenshot-Doom-20200508-213208.png=

Looks cool but the blue splotchiness of the walls is a bit odd/unappealing.

4 hours ago, whirledtsar said:

Looks cool but the blue splotchiness of the walls is a bit odd/unappealing.

Noted and recolored. Frankly, I haven't noticed them until you pointed them out.

My new map coming along nicely. Not finished yet. I design the map first, then put the things in. A few things have been added already in a finished area, and as for the only monster, I was testing something and forgot he was still in the map lol. I also changed the doors from brown to gray so it doesn't look so bland everywhere. And yes, I've used 3D platforms for the high-up walkway in the green room. 

Screenshot_Doom_20200509_225517.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200509_225429.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200509_225534.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200509_225633.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200509_225143.png

On 5/8/2020 at 4:23 PM, Mad Dal 85 said:

The screenshots of wads currently in progress posted on here all look amazing. I can't wait to try them all. 😁

Very much agreed!  Can't wait to try out your map too! :D

1926194887_thingsbeingworkedupon.png.5928c0b704532791f125aaca3db88ae4.png

trying to get a pack of my own MIDI tunes out there. getting huge deja vu, though, is it possible I already released a pack like this and it sank to the bottom of the sea with no responses? giggle
the idea would be to have half the pack be stuff i made recently and the other half be my pick of the ancient tunes
everything EVERYTHING needs remastering and the volume tinkering with though it's brutal

Yeah, furlough from work and isolation has given me some time to kill... Started on my first maps for about 25 years - a mini-megawad (is that a thing?) of four or five levels plus a secret level.

Check it out on my github repo.

I already posted here some details, but here is a couple more screenshots from the Breach Scars level: 

Going down...

Screenshot_Doom_20200511_223510.png.f14c02c904a7ced890b4b64f7ac1ab10.png

Scars...

Screenshot_Doom_20200511_223532.png.f78b28297fd1d0f476b6c25a36615fda.png

13 hours ago, DoomKrakken said:

Very much agreed!  Can't wait to try out your map too! :D

Thanks. Pretty much everything I want in my mod is in it, just got to do the maps for it and add a new font for the menu and add a new HUD then it's ready to go. Can't wait to try yours too. 😁

Decided to resurrect an idea that got me into mapping. Back then I couldn't make it work because I didn't know anything. It's built around a a central platform that raises connecting different pair of passages on different levels. It ended up looking very abstract.

abstract kind of hell.png