Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

I know I've been quiet for a little while, but I've been doing some videos for my YT channel. Anyway, I've made a start on recreating one of my favourite official Doom maps, only it's a redesign of it so it will be bigger and have more in it, including more monsters, traps and ambushes. Here's a couple of screenshots. Can you guess what map it's meant to be a remake of?

Screenshot_Doom_20200628_151918.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200628_151853.png

Edited by Mad Dal 85

13 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

@Mad Dal 85 Vivisection from No Rest!

Yep. Love that map. My one obviously won't be exactly the same, just a redesign/remake of it but will be more challenging. It's also going to be the first of the Hell maps in my mod and will be pistol start too. 

Edited by Mad Dal 85

A small section of the map I've been working on for Parallel Doomensions:

NewQuakeLevelPhoto.PNG

Out of curiosity, I compiled layouts of the first 6 maps I made for my project. I skipped MAP06 when making it to make use of tags 666 and 667.

Spoiler

1682298557_HellFrontier.png.5f45dbb2377192f772a4239b4052ce57.png

Little video of how my Vivisection Remake is coming along. 

Note: There are some differences in size and design from the original.

Edited by Mad Dal 85

Seems like I ran out of steam and made a pretty tiny map. I meant to call it "The Big Dig" but it's not very big anymore.

scr6.png

scr5.png

scr4.png

scr3.png

scr2.png

scr1.png

5 hours ago, Dave_Billing said:

I'm working on a hub wad - Spawn 2: Descent of Canopus.  Six levels, including one secret level.  It's a follow-up to my other hub wad - Spawn.  It's nearly ready for beta testing, so I'll be looking out for some people to test it soon.

you and @R4L - these shots look so different from classic doom, as if they were made in the unreal engine (ut '99), with their lights and reflections, it's amazing.

28 minutes ago, Pirx said:

you and @R4L - these shots look so different from classic doom, as if they were made in the unreal engine (ut '99), with their lights and reflections, it's amazing.

Thanks for the compliment! Here's the save station in action so far:

It's not National Novel Writing Month until November (I'm a 7 time participator and winner), but they do a couple of off-season "Camp NaNoWriMo" events and there's one this month.

I'm using this Camp NaNoWriMo to hammer out a Shores of Hell replacement episode, with each map based on the original name.

That's the plan, anyway. Trouble is that I'm not the fastest speedmapper, and I have probably spent too much time detailing. In the spirit of NaNoWriMo, I should probably drop the detailing for now in order to just hammer out the completed set. I can polish them next month.

I think this is going to be for E2M5 - Command Center.
e2m5-1.jpg.d131fc4b1dbfd750b7ba872e475496f9.jpg

Edited by LordEntr0py

Vanilla limits Doom2 map, corridors turned up to 11

wip2.png

Edited by Szymanski : image too smol

@Dave_Billing: I've never considered mixing the GRAY textures and the brown recolours like that, but the result looks amazing. I have a couple of levels that you've inspired me to spruce up :)

Demon cube goes up, demon cube goes down. Not very useful but you can make it rise from behind some rocks or something

While I wait for inspiration for the next part of my Hellbreach Wad, I made a small arena-style map, Belial's Ruin (WiP). 

It's not finished (texture aligning, ammo and/or monster balancing - too many PEs?), but I'd love to hear what people think so far - it is a very different style to Hellbreach. A couple of screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20200704_220138.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200704_220330.png

Tested with GZDoom, GZDoom + Brutal and GZDoom + Beautiful Doom on UV. Minimal difficulty settings implemented (more monsters on UV).

*EDIT*

Not sure about that sky either. May swap it.

Edited by smeghammer

There was free time, and I finally decided to try OTEX textures. A remake of my first map :)

Screenshot 03.jpg

Screenshot 02.jpg

Screenshot 01.jpg

Here is my proyect of remaking my first Doom wad called Doom Zodiac

The first map to remake was map10 stampeded  2 first was before, the last 2 are now

Captura de pantalla (12).png

Captura de pantalla (14).png

Captura de pantalla (10).png

Captura de pantalla (15).png

Edited by Lykos