Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

4 hours ago, Novaseer said:

is that a reference to what I think it's a reference to

yesssss cannibal corpse 

4 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

@Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur Kinda gives me Unloved vibes, which I highly recommend checking out if you haven't already. (The Doom WAD, not the game that went nowhere.)

I loved Unloved, the weird spinoff roguelike was good as well

The strange hell coral continues to grow and undulate... at this point I've still got to finish up the south-west corner of the map, set up some monster teleporters and sound-conveyance spaces, and then populate the rest of the level, not to mention throwing in an appropriate exit linedef, but it's about 85% done I guess?

50197191477_9ac4f2319a_o.png

57 minutes ago, VGA said:

Zone 400!

Have been planning to make it for many years. The title screen was designed in 2014.

ZONE400_title.png

MAP05 of my Eternity project 'Cubic Worlds' is going to be an E1-themed one, with a few additions here and there. It's a little bare in places at the moment but hopefully it's fun to run around in - I decided to put some portal shenanigans into this one. Should theoretically have it out next week - just need to add monsters, maybe put a bit more detail in, and write the music for it.

etrn25.png.ca6acf37b510169e69837d8a346985cf.png

etrn26.png.617abbb8e566b1eb47f021f16e60f75e.png

etrn27.png.4707b9592ab19754c5686c4853d70491.png

Edited by stewboy

12 hours ago, pcorf said:

more slaughterish approac

hell yeah!!! shots look awesome man, I love your work :D

Guess I'm finding out the hard way that waiting towards the end of designing the map is a bad time to start doing monster/item placement- my sense of scale has been way off this whole time lol.

smoutheditorview.jpg.f0b4fa6da3abdd598f843551e9d68dcf.jpg

Guess I'll increase the enemy count or something but, yeah, oops.

Getting better at avoiding visplane limits though at least.

Also, switching to UDB has been pretty cool.

DOOM0039.png.28c713352a871cf5fb5ee20ac7022ec4.pngDOOM0020.png.737bb7462a01a28b9cafbd02a25591c4.pngDOOM0052.png.a768459f92802faaf12f6ce17f2e181c.png

10 minutes ago, Smouths said:

Guess I'm finding out the hard way that waiting towards the end of designing the map is a bad time to start doing monster/item placement- my sense of scale has been way off this whole time lol.

That's one of the reasons I'm in the habit of partially populating my maps as I go along, at least at my limited level of experience, though I find I tend to err in the opposite direction - rather than cavernous spaces that feel underpopulated, I end up with cramped interiors and the likes of mancubi and arachnotrons shuffling about all uncomfortable and frustrated because I don't have a proper appreciation of just how much room they need to work well.  I suppose it's easier to throw more monsters into a larger-than-expected space than it is to rebuild architecture to properly accommodate the creatures it's otherwise too tight for, though!

13 minutes ago, Scuba Steve said:

I don't know why... but the texture at the top of the crate is strange... I'm so used to the solid color flat.

I suppose that's why they were created but i still prefer to use the crate texture. i sometimes also use flats as wall textures and vice-versa, which bothers some people. 

Been working on a new enemy; the doppelganger. A demonic version of Doomguy. Armed with his own arsenal of weapons (including a few inventory items of his own) and with a whooping amount of health, he is going to be a pain in the arse to deal with. But when you do kill him, you will get a s*** load of goodies as a reward. He only appears once in my mod, and is classed as a boss monster towards the end in the Hell themed maps. 

The story with this Doppelganger.

The forces of Hell are sick and tired of being defeated by Doomguy time and time again. So they decided to create a demonic clone of him with increased abilities and a full arsenal of weapons to stop you. Trying to outrun him is no good. He is able to drop off from ledges up to a certain height and can run faster than you. Fire, Ice and Lightning based attacks are useless on him. And splash damage from explosives and BFG shots are not effective on him either. He can plant mines and also use the ElecPod too (see R667 about ElecPods) Chainsaw will be no use either as he can use his Berserk Fist on you if you're too close. Good luck!

He's now finished and ready to go. I'll create a quick battle arena type map and do a video showing you all what he's like.

Edited by Mad Dal 85

Working on an edit of Map1 of doom2, Entryway:

Have a highly Tech touch. Thats all

Edited by Raleigh

A cursed den of thieves for my  Wrath of Cronos hexen campaign:

Screenshot_Hexen_20200810_041749.png

Screenshot_Hexen_20200810_041705.png

Messing with some normals for the textures I posted above. I'm pretty happy with them so far! Materialize can produce good results really quickly.

I'm also still trying to crack the code of scripting an Undying-style two handed weapon system. It's nearly there, still has some weird kinks.

Screenshot_Doom_20200811_141621.jpg

Finally found some inspiration for my level, formerly known as Barracks... I renamed it Island Fortress, for some fairly obvious reasons.

Some screenshots:

Spoiler

Approaching the gate:

Screenshot_Doom_20200812_105714.png?raw=

Down...

Screenshot_Doom_20200812_105726.png?raw=

And up:-)

Screenshot_Doom_20200812_105746.png?raw=

fiddly bits at the edge of the cliff:

Screenshot_Doom_20200812_105806.png?raw=

Descent to mooring platform:

Screenshot_Doom_20200812_105854.png?raw=

It's an extension to this. It's not finished but its getting there...

Got 26 playable levels (with monster placement) for Ozônia and some solid ideas for the story, but the release itself will take a while =x