Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

13 minutes ago, Megalyth said:

@Stabbey I'm really digging the classic look of some of those screen shots. Very reminiscent of the 96/97 period of maps.

I'm not as much into Doom as a lot of the people here, so I know I can't hope to compete on level of detail, so I focus on trying to make interesting or tricky gameplay instead of layers of detail. I still do put in details sometimes, when I have the patience for it.

In this case, though, I deliberately made some of the areas in the style of certain parts of E1M4 (starting courtyard) and E1M6 (far north area including outdoors).

EDIT: In some cases, the apparent lack of detail is to make the presence of hidden doors harder to detect. I might add in more detail in some parts, but only after I get play-tester feedback, because that could mean larger structural changes needed.

On 8/13/2020 at 12:48 AM, Stabbey said:

More Tricks and Traps Than You Require (MAP 08 replacement). It's almost ready for play-testing.

EDIT: Now ready for play-testing!

vspuOuQ.jpg

After some feedback that the map was too long, I did a partial re-design, and removed a portion of the level which could be an entire level all by itself. I then took what was left and connected those parts together. That ended up cutting almost 200 enemies, and knocked the time for full completion to sub-40 minutes, when before it was over an hour.

EDIT: In my first attempt at a speed-run of the map, bare-minimum what I need to exit, I had a time of 13:07, which is an improvement over the old map's 18:58, and I could probably cut those times back some.

I still want to do a bit more testing before releasing that version, though.

Preview screenshots:

OdUOVec.jpg

grJfrmS.jpg

1lVEfKC.jpg

Edited by Stabbey : speed-run time

After an attempted police bust in which Squidward is falsely accused of SpongeBob's murder, Squidward finally snaps and rampages across Bikini Bottom.

I finally started to continue working on my SpongeBob themed WAD.

I've been working on my Randomiser Mod just lately instead of my original mod. My Randomiser is not fully finished, but I do have a early version of what it is like if anyone is interested? I've still got another 70 monsters (at least) to add to it, along with the 260 monsters that are already in it. Videos of it are on my YT channel (Mad Dal) as I've been using it while playing Illuminatus wad created by Aquarius199 of YT (aka NiTROACTiVE) 

23 hours ago, Noris Kneecap said:

I finally started to continue working on my SpongeBob themed WAD.

Delightfully silly. The spirit of the 90s [insert pop culture reference] Doom is alive and well.

-- A-Administrator Deacon? Am I reading these plans properly? You want us to build a tall column and place a Plasma Gun *on top* of it?
-- Naturally. Accessible from a rising platform controlled by a hard-to-reach switch.
-- But... *why*!?
-- Any more questions like that, Greene, and you'll join your colleagues on the gibbets outside the Gateway Control Room.

Just now made a chaingunner that shoots fast plasma rounds instead of bullets. Gonna put him in my main mod and my randomiser mod. If anyone wants him for their mods, I'll be more than happy to send you the file. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

Just now made a chaingunner that shoots fast plasma rounds instead of bullets. Gonna put him in my main mod and my randomiser mod. If anyone wants him for their mods, I'll be more than happy to send you the file. 🙂 

I made this a while ago, but never finished the other rotations. Don't know if you already have custom graphics for your chaingunner, but if not and you're interested I can have ago at the rest next week.

SzNwpCD.png

2 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

I made this a while ago, but never finished the other rotations. Don't know if you already have custom graphics for your chaingunner, but if not and you're interest I can have ago at the rest next week.

SzNwpCD.png

No, I used stock sprites, gave it a recolour and wrote a new DECORATE file. Took me a few tries to get the plasma rounds to shoot out of the gun but got there in the end. That plasmatic chaingunner sprite looks cool. 👍

5 hours ago, uber said:

At this rate I'll end up recoloring an entire pack of textures black before I even get to finish the map's layout...

Time well spent if you ask me, this looks absolutely wonderful!

Gives me a slightly nostalgic feeling to how I felt seeing Agent Spork's Simplicity wads / Ultimate simplicity for the first time, with their altered palette and sky-roof techbases.