Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Little update on this level which I've been working on for a bit in my free time. Really happy with how its going! I've never had this much progress on a map so I hope I can get around to releasing it soon.

Spoiler

1846871609_Screenshot(125).png.f3b795bbe7418e6c2dc532a23809473e.png777680121_Screenshot(124).png.cf417bd67728b70995e78a5ebe8e3c08.png1235417465_Screenshot(126).png.9d07c954d9dd101e6a6b7d28a3592005.png

2 minutes ago, ognjen said:

I'm really digging the brickwork in the 3rd screenshot. Really cool.

37 minutes ago, C3ntralPr0cessing said:

I know nothing about architectural styles but this is what you call brutalism, right

Looks pretty brutalist to my eyes

When are we making Brutalist Doom

Getting back into doom2 level building (I used to do this as a teenager in the 90s), been working on a big map after playing Foursite, I realized you could make BIG maps that'll run in GZDoom.  I'm getting ready to post it, interested in seeing what people think.

Screenshot_Doom_20210426_163049.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210426_212854.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210426_213545.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210427_090433.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210427_090723.png

On 4/15/2021 at 2:37 PM, ViolentBeetle said:

Before:

pQeO9UK.png

And after:

0hkunST.png

I really like the structure in the middle!

14 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

La la la la la.... something, something, UDMF, GZDoom... project started many years ago.... decided to start and work on map06 the other day....metal textures are a pain to turn green. I sleep now.....

a version of map06 for gzdoom ?

18 hours ago, Pirx said:

a version of map06 for gzdoom ?

Yes, that is correct. Actually it's currently the first six levels of Doom 2, made from scratch for GZDoom. Map01 needs some more work to finish it off. Map02 was a Legacy map that I converted to UDMF and that's almost done. Map03 needs a lot of work as it's just a shell of the first part. Map04 is looking good but has no work done past the red door. Map05 needs a lot of work. Map06 is almost done. I also have a Map10 which is half finished.

Not sure where I'm going with it. Might end up as a 10 - 12 level episode and then do the later maps in a couple episodes or something...

[edit] I decided to turn the maps into a 8 level set of McGee's Doom 2 levels. Map01 and Map10 can go into another project or something.

Edited by Doom_Dude

I'm still working on my mega WAD. I already have 5 new maps. I'll post a demo so you can try it out in a few weeks. Currently has 15 maps.

HOLz76S.png

gYMh99k.png

7kVx2gI.png

1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

It was supposed to be an arctic-themed map, but it didn't come across that well.

doom179.png

the mountain in the background does look arctic for sure, it's the brown bricks and floor that doesn't fit imo. perhaps applying some ice here helps.

8 hours ago, Pirx said:

the mountain in the background does look arctic for sure, it's the brown bricks and floor that doesn't fit imo. perhaps applying some ice here helps.

I personally like the floor, but can't pick a right texture for the building.

Tip regarding arctic/frozen levels, I personally overuse ice/snow flats on different surfaces to emulate light snow. So instead of using metal flat, just throw snow flat and it'll look bit colder. 

Spoiler

image.png.9bc5ca429a0bba5db80a92600f1919ba.png

If you have icicle-textures, you should also use those as midtexes. 

Edit: Oops, it was already mentioned. Oh well. Still, I think it's good trick on vanilla/boom at least. 

The bulk of the issue more or less lies entirely with the sky honestly. You've got a red hot colour behind the mountain which just doesn't give the slightest "arctic" impression. I did a quick mockup using one of Eradrop's skies below. :)

0241fe7e81d285c34e4811e426c07d83.png

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

The bulk of the issue more or less lies entirely with the sky honestly. You've got a red hot colour behind the mountain which just doesn't give the slightest "arctic" impression. I did a quick mockup using one of Eradrop's skies below. :)

0241fe7e81d285c34e4811e426c07d83.png

I wanted to give it some alien look, but it is something worth keeping in mind. Maybe I should consider some alternate sky with the original mountains.

13 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

It was supposed to be an arctic-themed map, but it didn't come across that well.

I like the orange/white theme used in this

An office building, with one-way glass, reflective on other side. Early days, need to play with lighting etc. but looks OK so far:

59 minutes ago, smeghammer said:

An office building, with one-way glass, reflective on other side. Early days, need to play with lighting etc. but looks OK so far:

That's really cool, I like it!

On 4/28/2021 at 3:49 AM, C3ntralPr0cessing said:

Currently trying out some sorta half brutalist half organic hellscape.Screenshot_Doom_20210428_094103.png.ca68b50b48dedaa98bdff085207ee703.png

I know nothing about architectural styles but this is what you call brutalism, right

If you don't mind me asking, what sky texture are you using here?

24 minutes ago, bobbotron said:

That's really cool, I like it!

Thanks man!

There'll be a better one later on...

9 minutes ago, TheGreenZap said:

Looks like SKY2 from Plutonia

4 hours ago, TheGreenZap said:

A slightly modified version of a Plutonia skybox, the one seen in the second episode. I changed it a bit, so that it loops vertically properly.
Here you have it, in case you wanna use it - w.
PLUTREDM.png.54bcc8942cfd56dc7c7b184bc254957f.png

10 minutes ago, C3ntralPr0cessing said:

A slightly modified version of a Plutonia skybox, the one seen in the second episode. I changed it a bit, so that it loops vertically properly.
Here you have it, in case you wanna use it - w.
PLUTREDM.png.54bcc8942cfd56dc7c7b184bc254957f.png

Thank you very much, I definitely plan on using it!