Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

School has opened up so i had the genius idea to get Doom builder on my school laptop.

I made this little map in school.
I hope to get more done but since the school year ends in a week it may not happen.

Screenshot_Doom_20210517_094402.png

On 5/14/2021 at 11:10 PM, zzzornbringer said:

what sourceport are you running this in? the shading on the textures look rather cool.

It's exactly what Ketmar said, GZDoom with palette tonemapping and ambient occlusion turned on. The SSAO is helpful at this stage because I have no texture work and all the walls would look the same without the shadows.

Half of MAP01 is nearly done, just a few more rooms that need finishing. Next I have to build the left side dungeon that branches off the central hub room, as well as a short starting area that spawns you outdoors and has you descend into an underground temple. Then after that, it's tons of texture work that I don't have much experience with.

MAP01.PNG

5 minutes ago, Misty said:

Hot and cold at the same time:

etrn650.png

etrn651.png

You certainly are an expert of making chilly maps!

right now working on impscape, a wad where youre an imp that escapes from a uac base. theres a demo video:

i have finished 3 of the 4 for releasing a wip version (but i have made 1 of 4 soundtracks :( )

Still working on "Corporate Nightmare"...

Spoiler

Here is a shot from the improved atrium:

10.png?raw=true

Zombie scientists!:

21.png?raw=true

Flamethrowers!! (I like these ones...):

23.png?raw=true

I love R667!

My sprites are pretty terrible, but having great fun making my monster for an upcoming map.  One thing at a time... trying to make will-o-wisps.  Once I get some of the mechanics squared away will have another go at the sprites.  They are fun to work with.

Screenshot_Doom_20210523_121609.png.48f79060c047f702fe4996be8addda38.png

On 5/19/2021 at 7:07 PM, NokturnuS said:

One more level completed for my Eternity Engine Map Pack. Some tech-base now:

etrn37.png.435f1b06d52cbad90ec1233bfaa814fc.png

This looks incredible!  I'm curious about this opening - is that an incredible number of sectors, to make those diagonal openings?

4 hours ago, bobbotron said:

This looks incredible!  I'm curious about this opening - is that an incredible number of sectors, to make those diagonal openings?

Those are slopes (diagonal planes). You can use them in Eternity and in Gzdoom for example. Don't know all the modern doom engines, so maybe they're implemented in another one.

3 minutes ago, NokturnuS said:

Don't know all the modern doom engines, so maybe they're implemented in another one.

i believe that 3DGE has slopes too. DelphiDoom definitely has, LZDoom, Zandronum, and of course k8vavoom. pretty much any "advanced" sourceport has this feature.

On 5/22/2021 at 9:36 AM, URROVA said:

right now working on impscape, a wad where youre an imp that escapes from a uac base. theres a demo video:

i have finished 3 of the 4 for releasing a wip version (but i have made 1 of 4 soundtracks :( )

WOW, that looks super fun!  I'd love to try it out when you release it.

On 5/18/2021 at 1:38 PM, Guardsoul said:

My recently finished map: Aurora emitter

monumental architecture, and the fog makes it more mysterious