Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Working on my first big map in Doom: Doom 2 format for Ray Mohawk 2. The visplanes have been a nice challenge. In this massive room for instance I had to bring the number of visplanes down from well over 200 to below 128 :p. Great experience overal.

Screenshot_Doom_20210602_141950.png

Just now, Silent Wolf said:

@TheGreenZap, is this a map you're working on? Looks good, very vanilla.

Yes it is. Thank you.

Not exactly Vanilla. Could have done it in limit-removing though.

2 minutes ago, TheGreenZap said:

Yes it is. Thank you.

Not exactly Vanilla. Could have done it in limit-removing though.

Just out of curiosity, are you using the Rowdy Rudy resources , or are you just using enemies from Realm 667.

26 minutes ago, Silent Wolf said:

Just out of curiosity, are you using the Rowdy Rudy resources , or are you just using enemies from Realm 667.

I'm using the Rowdy Rudy resources. They are so fun!

(looks at all the recent screenshots of the past few pages)

(starts mumbling to myself, "it's not a competition....it's not a competition....")

It is truly humbling seeing the skill and artistry you people have brought to this game.  Just outstanding work that blows my mind when I see it and think back to the early years and what I had hoped to accomplish with an editor.    

On 6/1/2021 at 1:28 AM, Bauul said:

For the past year or two I've been mulling potential methods for implementing proper dynamic 3D skyboxes into GZDoom.  The ultimate aim was to create a skybox that looked indistinguishable from the real level, allowing for a much larger physical space than the Doom map format allows.

Unlike a normal 3D skybox this physically responds to the player's location - it it's a static image or a static view of view of a vista, but a dynamic visually accurate space.

It took a lot of iteration, but this is the current progress for the start of the fourth level of the Water episode for Elementalism.  The whole visible area is approximately a 250,000 map units end to end, around 10 times bigger than a normal Doom map.  

if a normal map is a biplane, yours are space flight.

4 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Finally got back into mapping after almost six months.

2AhSLZl.png

SafE07v.png

wtf no baker textures? Speaking of, where's the best place to nab your texture wads... they're kinda strewn about dropboxes and mediafires on forums all over at this point, but I'm lazy and just want them served up for me on one plate

There are actually a few subtle custom textures in those pics, such as some BRONZE-based ones in the second image.

I haven't officially released any texture wads for some time. Hopefully that will change in the near future, but in the meantime Doom -1 has quite a lot of textures by me* which are all free for use. They're the ones that use the vanilla naming scheme, e.g. WALLx and RWx.

* Several are based on work by other people - I think they're credited in the txt file.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

On 5/31/2021 at 7:48 AM, kwc said:

Been having fun with UDB's saving sectors as .pngs and illustrating further detail on flats, noticing some hasty work now that I pulled this image up though.

Aer you making a skateboarding TC or just a themed area? very cool. Reminds me of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Expect more open maps such as city maps from me in future releases. Here is the town Hypatia in the upcoming Zone 400. Hopefully Doomguy does not suffer the same fate as Hypatia especially when the Arch Vile is let loose. Zone 400 is now 4 maps away from completion and is set for a July or August release.

HYPATIA_ZONE400.jpg

Edited by pcorf

On 6/5/2021 at 9:14 AM, NiGHTMARE said:

Finally got back into mapping after almost six months.

these look awesome. I feel like when I try to make things that clean looking, I fall into the trap of making everything look very homogeneous. but you do such a good job with clean visuals without that being the case. I love your style!

1 hour ago, Cheesewheel said:

19/32 :)

Hol up, is that a megawad I see there? You're on a roll, man! Not many mappers have an entire megawad under their belts, let alone two! Colour me intrigued.

If you need a beta tester, just let me know...