Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

On 7/1/2021 at 3:18 PM, PeterMoro said:

Coming soon.

Those arches look good and I have never seen something like this before, nice job

19 hours ago, ketmar said:

some fun video.

no, it's not Build, still idTech1. no, it's not a 3d model, it is a 3d polyobject (actually, several linked 3d polyobjects). yes, you can create trains and cars with this.

This is genuinely impressive! Is this k8vavoom?

5 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

This is genuinely impressive! Is this k8vavoom?

yeah, thank you! i have even funnier video here. you will get this demo map with the next public build. the cabin moves by waypoints (map spots), using map spot (x,y,z) coordinates and angles to move and rotate. of course, you can do it manually (without waypoints) too.

1869684693_DesktopScreenshot2021_07.09-18_00_08_74.png.ba4688a72bde250f2328de93f3b9cc6c.pngVanilla level is coming along decently so far. Still runs in chocolate doom at the moment, but I won't be too upset if it becomes a limit removing level instead.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:52 PM, Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur said:

Working on implementing enemies for my new project

"GOLDEN AXE DOOM"

Deeply impressed

Very cool and true to the original game

And a Very Very cool concept to boot. I cant wait to try it

On 7/8/2021 at 11:52 AM, Zanieon said:

I finished this in 7 days, with the raw power of nostalgia i had for the original map as motivation:

rjc2emZ.jpg

HX0CyHH.jpg

r5r3hvb.jpg

zaxOeyY.jpg

What map was this based off? It looks hauntingly familiar...

(Also looks really good, great job).

2 hours ago, Magicana said:

What map was this based off? It looks hauntingly familiar...

(Also looks really good, great job).

It's based on Overdose (mpterra1) from Quake 3 Team Arena, and thanks:
oayEUQW.jpg

I just finished my second map ever after weeks of fiddling and playing around to create nice assets... thank god it's done^^

Main features:

• Health- & armor-dispensers like in Half-Life
  • New beam effects for monsters (one for ex-humans & tech monsters, one for demons)
  • Ambient sound
  • Many light effects (e.g. on switches and other stuff)
  • Star Trek doors opening with a "swish" (and without having to press the "use" button)
  • Nice locations (tech & horror)
  • 20 minutes of pure fun

Did I already mention how glad I am, now that I'm done with it? (ok, some updates MAY come)

ps: Of course, all are invited to "steal" some of the stuff and scripts (e.g. my monster spawner: enemies are categorized into 5 groups à three monsters - ex-humans are spawned with an energy ring effect and a blue light, demons with a big flame effect). I'll create a topic with example files in a few days.

UPDATE 1: Added a demo map for the health & armor dispensers to this post: Health and Armor Dispenser.zip

UPDATE 2: Added a demo map for the portals to this post: Portal Demo.zip (updated^^)

UPDATE 3: Added a demo map for the monster spawner to this post: Spawn Effect Demo.zip (updated^^)

https://www.moddb.com/mods/techbase-of-terror

TITLEPIC.png

Title

shot1.png

Main Hall

shot2.png

Corner

shot3.png

Energy Core (including a nice start-up script)

shot4.png

Monster Tower (quite tall & the red light runs all the way up with a sound)

shot5.png

Portal chamber

Security.png

Security Section (HD Version)

Bridge.png

Bridge (lights running on bridge & blinking lights for platforms)

Edited by vedan

Adding to my new map 'Belial's Keep'. A bit of gameplay in outer ring of arena:

Getting there slowly...

Jumping on board the "big chain" bandwagon:

toqhvuW.png

The idea is that when you flip the red switch, the block at the bottom will instant lower into the lava, revealing a teleporter on top. (This will of course be achieved via Boom conveyor-scripting.)

Edited by NiGHTMARE

After first few minutes might want to lower the volume. There's a 1 time play sound script thats bugged so it loops for 20 minutes. It's because you need to be tormented and dream about tycho and leela tonight. It's the current progress of the map. There is still a lot of work to do. I hope somebody likes the video.

Edited by rescue86k

On 2/26/2016 at 12:50 PM, mrthejoshmon said:

This flop of a megawad: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/tpbm

Thread where I gave up: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/63847-thy-prboom-maps-it-is-released-now/

As you can see, I wasted a lot of time trying to make 32 maps whilst under the impression I could map.

I can't map, so I obviously failed and in an attempt to salvage the shitfest I proposed a CP but nobody joined.

Waste of effort.

Never make solo megawads until you can map kids.

Its also about having "doom cred" it seems... I tried to start various community projects that I had to abandon because there was very little interest, nomatter how much effort I put in to it... or even nomatter who tried to help promote it

Even GZFreeDoom that people seem to love failed to attract help, it has switched back and fourth between being a solo projecct and trying to recruit help... but alas it has ended with it being a solo project for me that I will... eventually finish. It is 'only' chapter 1 that I am GZDoom'ing but the fate of the rest of GZFreeDoom rests on how GZFreeDoom episode 1 is received when I finally reach its first alpha version

---

I have not put 50+ hours in to this yet... I have just started it in fact.. but here is the very early start of a map that will hopefully end up as an accurate replica of a commodore 64 mainboard using schematics and pictures of mainboards in real commodore 64 computers (I only did the first chip and its socket so far.. the 6526) :

c64doom.png

Edited by CBM

Well, not a wad, but i started to dabble in sprite creation. In time i will create my own monster.

Screenshot_Doom_20210715_011224.png

On 7/2/2021 at 4:49 AM, NiGHTMARE said:

I saw someone in another thread say it's difficult to make good looking hell levels...

ebyVGEk.png

IPr8gPU.png

TBH, my brain registers these visuals as "straight outta Brit11/Exec/All those other brick-and-metal DM maps that were in vogue 20 odd years ago", and I love that.