Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

@smeghammer Yeah mostly. I took an inspiration from some of the works of Leo von Klenze, most particularly the Walhalla memorial in Bavaria. Still these are themselves based on the Parthenon and I still call the level "Parthenon" so you nailed it! It is supposed to be the 1st level of the "Water realm" referenced in the hub map. Still a WIP because it's kind of large.

Here are some shots from the inside (still wip):

Spoiler

DZSc4da.png83E5jLB.png

And a more completed smaller building somewhere else.

FWHFMcK.png

@LordEntr0py Damn! I really love what you did with OTEX here, also the reflections and lighting effects, really awesome looking stuff!

On 03.09.2021 at 00:27, VisionThing said:

Когда вы выкапываете незаконченную карту, сделанную несколько месяцев назад, чтобы попытаться добиться некоторого прогресса, и вместо этого отвлекаетесь на создание крошечных компьютеров.

komputah.jpg

I really like this attention to detail!

Still going on my 'Harrowing of Men' map... It's four roughly concentric rings, each much higher as you go towards the central exit at the top. It's getting near the end now - I have mostly done the 3rd level. There's still loads of monster placing and a few switches I added that need actions attached, and of course tidy up lighting.

It's not properly playable yet, but feel free to have a look. I'll be tinkering with it, so things will change, but the basic layout is I think there now.

Here are some pics of level 3 currently:

Spoiler

2.png?raw=true

3.png?raw=true

4.png?raw=true

5.png?raw=true

6.png?raw=true

7.png?raw=true

8.png?raw=true

9.png?raw=true

10.png?raw=true

11.png?raw=true

7 minutes ago, dac said:

Screenshot_Doom_20211003_223831.png.b556abe1680f499c83dfb28b62635106.png

Feels like I get texture use more than I did before.

Looks like it! Making linedefs that suit the texture, rather than just slapping on a texture afterwards

Reworking a map for a community project called g-wad theme. It's noting special just vanilla textures and too much free time on my hands lol

Cavern of sorrow 4.jpg

Cavern of sorrow rework 1.jpg

Cavern of sorrow rework 2.jpg

Cavern of sorrow rework 3.jpg

1 minute ago, Pistoolkip said:

Looks like it! Making linedefs that suit the texture, rather than just slapping on a texture afterwards

A lot of it was studying skillsaw's maps in the editor, and that was something I saw a lot in Valiant - not just linedefs being suited to textures, but the overall architecture itself being built around textures. Sectors with 'irregular' heights would often be split in parts, and made with textures at regular heights; or even, simply using textures with no defined top or bottom. Using those vertical tex with horizontal tex. Etc.

While working with map, this room was built relatively quickly in terms of layout/combat, but when it came to detailing, it took me ages to make it look presentable.585700799_Showcase3.1.png.4b03c4690fc80a8b62202e35d9748056.png1687200358_Showcase3.2.png.633d88111eab82f5b2cc796f2f26d8bc.png

On 10/5/2021 at 10:39 PM, Apprentice said:

Spoiler

SHOT0009.JPG ZS_009.JPG

Cleared some rooms of power-ups, health and ammo for screenshot purposes. Left GZDoom and right Zandronum . . .

Love this use of vanilla textures! Great stuff.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:22 AM, Zanieon said:

Super WIP stuff:

Spoiler

ccenepg.jpg

I adore this one in particular. Gorgeous.

Here's some shots from a new Heretic level I am working on. I'm at over 900 sectors now and while different sections of the map are at different stages of completion I'd say overall it's almost at the halfway point.

Screenshot_Heretic_20211008_205739.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20211008_212146.png

On 2/25/2016 at 6:09 PM, everennui said:

I would love to see everyone's prize masterpiece. If you spent over 50 hours on your map I would love to see it.

Until I develop and compile something better, this is my "prize masterpiece" which, when taking into consideration planning and using prototype wad builds, took over "50 hours" to complete: BldCrtDM(Blood Circuit Death Match.  It's not a perfect Deathmatch level, but it does provide tremendous versatility regarding how many Deathmatch styles that it supports with dmflags(Deathmatch Flags).

Manipulating the dmflags can give the Deathmatch session gameplay features found in Doom's rivaling series such as Unreal Tournament, Halo, and Quake.  With AltDeath enabled and the dmflags set to force a fragged opponent to drop the last weapon equipped comes possibilities for more advanced control strategies.  Where and when successfully fragged opponents die can determine what the  players will do upon a respawn, and introduces chances to play subtle mind games.  One such mind game is to plan and execute a tactic that actually allows the opponent, having low health, to pick up a strong weapon, for you to aim and take your shot(s) to score a frag, and then immediately claiming that dropped weapon as your own.  Exploiting the opponent this way can come in handy if you want to acquire a weapon such as the Rocket Launcher or BFG9000.

The AltDeath, Deathmatch 2, and Deathmatch 1 parameters mixed up with different dmflags provide more replayability.  If the players tire of one Deathmatch mode and dmflags configuration, then they may experiment with the server settings to enjoy a session that differs from the previous one, forcing new strategies in order to win.

Currently, I am in the brainstorming phase of creating a new map from scratch.  The notes I've taken and the analysis of my previous mapping efforts aren't quite enough for even a basic prototype wad to be built.  If I get past the brainstorming phase anytime soon, then I will strive to create a level that is better than BldCrtDM in terms of gameplay, visual theme(s), and color coordination.

I'll release this journey into Hell one day. Having a crazy busy year so it's hard to say when this will be complete but I'm trying to work on it everyday. This one level wad will be full of surprises. Hopefully done in a month or two.

Green hell, blue revenge (edit area) at 2021.10.11 15-59-39.841 [R3833].jpg

Green hell, blue revenge (edit area) at 2021.10.11 16-02-06.995 [R3833].jpg

Green hell, blue revenge (edit area) at 2021.10.11 16-10-57.957 [R3833].jpg

Green hell, blue revenge (edit area) at 2021.10.11 16-17-27.427 [R3833].jpg

7 hours ago, Zanieon said:

Still not finished though, but very close to that.

So is we prepping for QUAKE 3 Deathmatch here 'cuz this is what it looks like I'm lookin' at.

Currently taking a brief break on my mapset (hopefully eventually a megawad) now that I've finished MAP05. I'm limiting myself to vanilla and vanilla-based textures along with using the Doom map format. I'm trying to get the most mileage I can out of these resources without going too far away from the old school Doom aesthetic.

Screenshot_Doom_20211012_233757.png

7 hours ago, Mr. LBN said:

So is we prepping for QUAKE 3 Deathmatch here 'cuz this is what it looks like I'm lookin' at.

My thoughts exactly. THAT does not look like idtech1 at all . . .