Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Inspo / reference room for MAP06 of my in-progress megawad. 

My growing obsession with CEMENT begins to concern me. 

6uqBsbO.png?1

Nothing fancy or anything just making test rooms to see how UDMF map format works, i don't think i'm going to post it though since i'm still learning to it works

image_2022-03-13_124009.png

I decided to challenge myself and create a 10 level mappack based on stupid ideas with custom textures.

Here is one of the maps that i am currently creating.

obraz_2022-03-13_222448.png.6292f11ca8074864490090f8e8952da6.png

I have a small wad I’ve been working on that I haven’t touched for a while. Been super busy lately and I’ve got an entire game to develop so this wad got put on the backburner.

Edited by windows8_enjoyer : Grammar

I'm currently making a 12-level WAD named "Final Sin" with City themed maps and high details, but planned to released in 2023.(it maybe get cancelled)

So i can't share any screenshots.

4 hours ago, RastaManGames said:

Trying to figure out right proportions for future "Delta Force" themed map-pack (along with standalone weapons & enemies):

image.png.6be48ce764d2c909ae115a20785a8d7a.pngimage.png.035012f645dce06c54d7cd587d7b4eac.png

It's cool, also you can release the "Weapons Only" for the fans!

Decided to post screenies of the ten maps I made for our, ( @Endless @spwnSH4Rk ) currently unnamed casual CTF pack. Things may of course change / be altered. Feeling fairly good about these layouts - although, some may be a tiny bit more gimmicky than others! :)

VfNTCRF.png

dXkm85E.png

GbaXhKM.png

PS: No idea on when this'll be released yet - very much a work in progress.

11 hours ago, CoolerDoomeR said:

It's cool, also you can release the "Weapons Only" for the fans!

I am gonna release both enemy & weapon packs.
They can be played separately or combined (I set up few things for that).
But for mission pack you will need to load both of these.

Not sure about size, 'cause there is 53 terrains from DF1 and DF2, but I want to release (at least) 1 mission as beginning.

limit removing wad that tries to make zdoom monsters into vanilla with dehacked

dehacked help from Btyb88 himself

maps by me dehacked by me and btyb88 sprites from realm667 (credits will be added in the zip when its finished)

limitremov.png

kamakze.png

button.png

fun fact the stbar is from southpark doom

5 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

(This is all Boom-compatible, the 3D effects are pure engine trickery.)

How are you going about this, out of curiosity? I'd love to exploit these tricks myself. :)

13 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

How are you going about this, out of curiosity? I'd love to exploit these tricks myself. :)

In the second screenshot, the setup is actually quite simple.

With all lindedefs facing inward, the front linedef's 1st side and other linedefs' 2nd sides use sector A (in this case with a ceiling height of 192). The front linedef's 2nd side and other linedef's 1st sides use sector B (ceiling height 148). The other linedefs in the alcoves use sector C (ceiling height 132).

The front linedef uses a middle texture but no upper texture. In this case I had to create a custom texture which is 16 pixels high (covering from height 132 to 148). The other linedefs use upper textures as normal.

The technique has a few limitations, the most notable of which is it won't work at all in hardware rendering. Even in software mode the upper textures will clip through the fake ceiling at certain angles, especially if you walk under it, but this can be alleviated by using taller middle textures. The player will also need to be prevented from seeing the top of the fake 3D floor, as this will cause a HOM effect - this is why I added the lowered ceiling in front of the stairs.

You can use the same trick with floor heights as well - I've done this in several of the project's levels to create 3D computer terminals.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Currently working on a pack of 17 compact, 10 minute maps, centered around limited sets of color / textures per map, low monster count, and something of a focus on puzzles and traps.

And while we're at it... is the above your kind of jam? you don't mind having to figure out progression while runnin' and gunnin'? Still missing your good deed for the day? Then you can help me out! I'm looking for additional playtesters, at the moment up to MAP07 + 31 are available for testing. Feel free to DM me if you feel like helping me out!

Lko8YRh.png

Th2QiKv.png

EAxv6ej.png

llSMQUU.png