Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

@pcorf  A likesphere doesn't quite convey how much I really, really love this style of architecture. It makes my heart happy.

17 minutes ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Is that all standard iwad graphics? Wow. Looks incredible.

3 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

Is that all standard iwad graphics? Wow. Looks incredible.

Yup, stock textures :p

On 6/26/2022 at 4:51 AM, Megalyth said:

@pcorf  A likesphere doesn't quite convey how much I really, really love this style of architecture. It makes my heart happy.

After passing through the depths of hell, the greenery is starting to reappear. Your journey is almost complete.

The sky is original, created entirely by me.

@dybbuk81 Thanks. Not yet, but the map is 95% done, i have to tweak monster placement, ammo and health in UV.

Its a single, small, almost medium sized map, but with different monsters and different, item and decoration placement for each difficulty setting. I'm aiming for vanilla compatibility but it has the save buffer overrun issue as a result of having almost 800 things per setting.

On 6/27/2022 at 12:13 AM, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

poof

Z8DgJdy.png

the true unholy cathedral

My first plutoina wad that started as a mere thing turned into an actual map. Please note: This is the newer updated one that is coming out soon when i'm finished. 

Edit: Update #2 of this map is finally done! If you want to play this for yourself please do and feed back is always welcome. I will leave a link to the post here: 

I have screen shots of the map in the post. Again if you want to play it check it out and feed back is always welcome. It helps me get better at mapping. 

image_2022-06-27_221355002.png

Edited by xScavengerWolfx : Update #2 Released

18 hours ago, A Handsome Fridge said:

Extremely WIP, but one day this will be a map. Something abstract and portal-heavy with purps and greys and reds. It is called The Loose End, for that is what it is.

SS1.jpg

I love colormap fuckery like this, if it is indeed colormap fuckery.

Did i mention i love colormap fuckery? I love colormap fuckery.

12 hours ago, A Handsome Fridge said:

Sector colors, dynamic lights and scripting is where it's at, currently. Proud to be a UDMF fanboy :)

i can't use UDMF when is the eureka doom editor getting UDMF support?

On 6/28/2022 at 3:22 AM, A Handsome Fridge said:

Sector colors, dynamic lights and scripting is where it's at, currently. Proud to be a UDMF fanboy :)

Yes please, more of this!  I can't wait to see what you cook up next.  Tapestry of Stones (and Babelism from RAMP1) were both phenomenal and used plenty of UDMF magic.  I can't imagine the quality of work getting better so it's exciting to see what'll be on the horizon for your next piece.

On 6/27/2022 at 12:13 AM, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

poof

Z8DgJdy.png

very creative and impressive sector and texture work. very inspiring. i love the grid fence at the top.

Posted this a week or so ago, but thought i would post it here for people to see :D

19 minutes ago, Lerxst_In_Wonderland said:

I haven't really messed around with mapping or played Doom in general in a little while, but I was working on this... an then promptly stopped when I realized it wasn't any fun to play. Lesson learned: always make sure your maps are fun to play first before detailing haha.

I've only just started attempting to map myself, but @AlexMax's phrasing a couple of months back just burned itself into my brain:

Spoiler
On 4/27/2022 at 11:13 AM, AlexMax said:

1. Don't detail a map until they GRAYTALL version is interesting to move around in and fun to play.

I'm still learning how to assemble basic architecture, and even what textures are available, let alone how they look together, so I forgive myself for throwing things down just to see how they look at this stage - I'm still checking what's possible. But I've also noticed that I have a lot of trouble creating interesting combat setups, so I'm slowly learning to build those from the ground up, then design the architecture to suit.

tl;dr: you done gived yourself good advice, keep at it.

Also, your detailing is absolutely gorgeous.

3 hours ago, Lerxst_In_Wonderland said:

I haven't really messed around with mapping or played Doom in general in a little while, but I was working on this... an then promptly stopped when I realized it wasn't any fun to play. Lesson learned: always make sure your maps are fun to play first before detailing haha. I may come back to it at some point, but ehhh... It'd be a lot of trouble to rework. Probably better to just start something new. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way! Also, a lot of the screens posted in this thread look outstanding! Really crazy what people can do with this game. 

Even without changing architecture, the gameplay of an area can be massively changed just by altering the numbers, kinds, and positions of enemies and

items. Still, with just the -nomonsters view of the rooms, I guess we'll have to take you at your word that the encounter or encounters wouldn't be fun.

It seems a waste, though.

6 hours ago, Lerxst_In_Wonderland said:

I haven't really messed around with mapping or played Doom in general in a little while, but I was working on this... an then promptly stopped when I realized it wasn't any fun to play.

Judging from what I saw, the areas seem perfectly viable for fun gameplay. It just takes appropriate teleport destinations, monster and item placement, and some playtesting.  If you want to toss what you have my direction and give me an idea as to what difficulty level you're looking for the UV to be, I could give the placement of stuff a whirl.

40 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

PEW PEW PEW PEW

Nice to see a slow plasma weapon (cool change of pace) and the bullethell-ish bunch of projectiles from the monster fellas.