Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

6 hours ago, Thelokk said:

A WIP ss of a humble, little intermission map for my next mapset.

image.png

Shakespeare truly is for all ages:

"That which we call a rose

By any other name would cause a visplane overflow"

Busy with making some custom weapons, this is the Manacle Of Power from Powerslave/Exhumed, I have no experience with custom weaponry but this turns out pretty good.

Screenshot_Doom_20220820_013615.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20220820_013644.jpg

9 hours ago, Casketkrusher said:

Busy with making some custom weapons, this is the Manacle Of Power from Powerslave/Exhumed, I have no experience with custom weaponry but this turns out pretty good.

Screenshot_Doom_20220820_013615.jpg

"KNEEL BEFORE YOUR GOD!!" :P 

Spoiler

For those who don't know that quote, it's a Stargate SG-1 reference

15 hours ago, Shove82 said:

Took me forever to get the OLLLL texture to line up on the first pic in roman numerals

I'd probably have just made custom FLATs for that but this kind of effort is always impressive. There's seemingly no end to how people fiddle with my textures to do weird shit with them, and I love that.

Moving forward after several things and rooms that felt right but didn't work out was deleted.

Might be the final room on the bottom. Noway near done detailing the bottom stuff thou, and some corridors don't feel right, too small, but we'll see.

01.jpg

7 minutes ago, Egregor said:

Screenshot_Heretic_20220825_013015.png

Another new map. I feel like I've hit a stride, just mapping in bits when I have a spare 30-60 minutes. I've finally found a balance between level length, scale, and complexity that I'm happy with!

...And just like the last time I said it, I REALLY wanna play and explore this map. Funny enough, seeing your screenshots is what made me go "hmm how about I try my hand at an heretic map" and well here we are, although it's completely different league, haha.

3 minutes ago, Shanoa said:

...And just like the last time I said it, I REALLY wanna play and explore this map. Funny enough, seeing your screenshots is what made me go "hmm how about I try my hand at an heretic map" and well here we are, although it's completely different league, haha.

Hey Shanoa, that's flattering that you were inspired by screenshots of mine! Your pics are looking really promising as well. Those pastel blues and greys in the Heretic color pallet have a very "warm" feel to them, spite usually being seen as cold drab colors, and those reds and yellows really pop when used sparingly. My suggestion to you would be to experiment more with scale. Make some medium sized rooms with medium sized ledges and pillars, and some larger rooms with larger ledges and pillars, like they were made for giants or dragons. Keep in mind a bigger scale does not have to mean more complex, as this is something that took me a lot of time to understand. As for my screens, they are a tease for an unreleased episode I am working on but it won't be ready for release for many, many months. As for similar finished and released maps that I have made I suggest checking out ROP or ENDQUEST or look at body of works in my profile.

11 hours ago, Egregor said:

Hey Shanoa, that's flattering that you were inspired by screenshots of mine! Your pics are looking really promising as well. Those pastel blues and greys in the Heretic color pallet have a very "warm" feel to them, spite usually being seen as cold drab colors, and those reds and yellows really pop when used sparingly. My suggestion to you would be to experiment more with scale. Make some medium sized rooms with medium sized ledges and pillars, and some larger rooms with larger ledges and pillars, like they were made for giants or dragons. Keep in mind a bigger scale does not have to mean more complex, as this is something that took me a lot of time to understand. As for my screens, they are a tease for an unreleased episode I am working on but it won't be ready for release for many, many months. As for similar finished and released maps that I have made I suggest checking out ROP or ENDQUEST or look at body of works in my profile.

Thank you for the kind words! In reality my recent screenshot was taken in a medium sized room with an [ shape, I just ended up taking a bad photo. The room still in WIP, i'm chipping away very slow at it. I'm productive in the night so when I boot the map editor I work a little bit here and there. As for your suggestion I will absolutely keep it in my mind as I map. Lastly, for your own work, it looks like I got a lot of heretic to play. ;)

Edited by Shanoa

A sneak peek at my updated plutonia wad i'm finishing up. I decided to add an open area for the start. This is all i'm going to show for now.

Edit: Ok NOW here's the updated version of the opening area of the map. If this doesn't scream "spooky" then i failed as a map maker lol.

Edit #2: I just finished the update to my plutonia wad. So it is available now to play. Also here's more screen shots.

Screenshot_Doom_20220826_132348.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220824_034808.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220826_134236.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220826_143006.png

Edited by xScavengerWolfx : More Screen shots

4 hours ago, Thelokk said:

"All bodies are the wrong body." - Tim Cannon

image.png.60910a3170acfb5ad5c0ab997e40b0ec.png

Oh man, that brings back some Rootpain memories :)