Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

"Dreadful Factory" is one of the cheesiest names ever. John Romero would be proud.

That said, that screen looks beautiful. Dark, ominous and scary. Well done.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:37 AM, Kyka said:

That said, that screen looks beautiful. Dark, ominous and scary. Well done.

One might even say.. dreadful!

On 10/4/2019 at 2:13 AM, Quagsire said:

Here are some more screens of a new area I whipped up.

Reveal hidden contents

Builder_OQoWuN9n4J.png.332fee5f41b1b02c60c68460c45fc873.pngBuilder_wDQtN9Mt7Z.png.31f509e28a6795a0d5dd57e472caca6f.pngBuilder_VLvH59onFX.png.7d9c31167a73fdac20653b40d4a9ce7f.png

I wish I still had this, think I gave up on it though whenever trying to convert it from UDMF to vanilla format though. May try to recreate the general idea with vanilla in mind though!

So i've been quite about my personal Doom 1 wad project. But i figure it was time to show off a little bit of E1M6 and E1M7 map layout. The first set is from E1M6 Torment and the second set is from E1M7 plauge of the forgotten (In Latin). I will be announcing the full release soon. But for now, here's some teaser pic from E1M6 and E1M7.

ASOD 64.jpg

ASOD 69 Nice.jpg

ASOD 88.jpg

ASOD 34.jpg

ASOD 44.jpg

ASOD 57.jpg

38 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

So i've been quite about my personal Doom 1 wad project. But i figure it was time to show off a little bit of E1M6 and E1M7 map layout. The first set is from E1M6 Torment and the second set is from E1M7 plauge of the forgotten (In Latin). I will be announcing the full release soon. But for now, here's some teaser pic from E1M6 and E1M7.

ASOD 64.jpg

ASOD 69 Nice.jpg

ASOD 88.jpg

ASOD 34.jpg

ASOD 44.jpg

ASOD 57.jpg

Looks great! If I had to suggest something it'd be to make the entrance(?) at the bottom look more like you're entering into a building, unless what's shown is the intention. My guess is that you're going for an otherworldly, ethereal feeling for it.

2 minutes ago, Quagsire said:

Looks great! If I had to suggest something it'd be to make the entrance(?) at the bottom look more like you're entering into a building, unless what's shown is the intention. My guess is that you're going for an otherworldly, ethereal feeling for it.

Are you talking about E1M7 entrance? That's intention. And thank you

Ah, neat! Was just wondering was all.

On an unrelated note, I work kinda fast. Very rough draft of the central area but it's chugging along!

Spoiler

image.png

3 minutes ago, Yousuf Anik said:

image.png.99cd1230ce0dd18839f11db175677b31.png

Trying to make a map!

UDMF format i take it? And also a helpful tip: You can unhighlight stuff by pressing H in 3D view and T to hide the sprites. I learn that by messing around with the editor :p

9 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

And also a helpful tip: You can unhighlight stuff by pressing H in 3D view and T to hide the sprites. I learn that by messing around with the editor :p

Awesome! This looks cool in 3D view. Many thanks for the tip :)

Which of these three areas should I start developing? Not that I don't have ideas or can't come up with any, just indecisive is all.

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

3 hours ago, Quagsire said:

Which of these three areas should I start developing?

I feel middle one the most just by giving quick glance, but I feel most of areas are ok if you go with minimalist style and play light settings more. 

On 12/10/2022 at 5:40 AM, Yousuf Anik said:

image.png.99cd1230ce0dd18839f11db175677b31.png

Trying to make a map!

How did you do the wall art? Did you make a seperate line in front of the wall and drag the texture down? I'm still figuring out a better solution to this for my own. 

57 minutes ago, Casketkrusher said:

How did you do the wall art? Did you make a seperate line in front of the wall and drag the texture down? I'm still figuring out a better solution to this for my own. 

image.png.0c889fce6ed991dc9cc6a64de614dfbb.pngYou mean this? No, they are just walls with both upper and lower texture, and they will low down.

5 minutes ago, Yousuf Anik said:

image.png.0c889fce6ed991dc9cc6a64de614dfbb.pngYou mean this? No, they are just walls with both upper and lower texture, and they will low down.

Ah ok, thought it was just as decorations not a doorway.