Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Here's a short collection of matches played in all 3 of RGB DM's maps. The matches are only 10 frags each, and I was playing against bots. I added an R667 railgun to the mix, it replaces the single-shotty.

The date on the thumbnail says '2022', but this will most likely be out in the first quarter of 2023. The maps are still in need of a little bit of balancing, but this is likely 95% done as of now. This will be for Zandronum only - most of my future projects will be for both Zdaemon+Zandronum, though. Zdaemon is currently being fussy about how I've used flats, and I don't feel like re-texturing all three maps as of right now.

This is a small pack of 3 deathmatch FFA maps that use CC4-TEX, as well as D2's default textures. Mapping was done in ZDOOM: D2 in Hex format, instead of my usual Boom.    :)

im working on a horror mod scheduled for next year. The mod is based of games like hexen (the mod uses alot of hexen assets) witchaven and blood.  i'will not show the map but i can show the enemies.

POSSA1.png.635167e9ada97fb4d8fbcd44501c5cb3.png Clearer: As the replacement for the zombie man, the cearer is a melee only enemy made to clear the rooms that have unwanted visitors.

SPOSA1.png.511fcb9baf083f431077003a86091e9f.png cremator: As the replacement for the shotgunner, the cremator is made to dispose the corpses of the unwanted with its ability of throwing fireballs.

TROOA1.png.1eef57eb70cd729b16e8ccd27894d104.png mutant warrior: As the replacement for the imp: the mutated warrior that is fast and deadly from any distance.

SARGA1.png.4ca8cb95e2d6f4af0968f615fea62aab.pngVeke: As the replacement for the pinkie: the veke is slower than the mutated warrior but has more health and is way larger.

Thats all i'm willing to show for now. Stay tuned for January  1st 2023

My first ever wad.

I think I've been working for 2 years on it and started as a total and complete noob regarding mapping.

Its not perfect and I've spend the last couple of weeks finishing up many details, fixing a ton of bugs and remade many, many rooms.

Its not the prettiest, its not impressive from a architectural point of view, and compared to many other wads, its still very basic. But I very much loved working on it and learned so many things while doing it.

The footage you see in this video, is already outdated.

My plan was releasing it for Christmas, but I have still one final beta-test left (there just wasn't enough time and people), so I'm releasing it

when its done :-) Soon.

I wish you a merry DOOMmas!

Edited by CawcoDemon : spelling

8 minutes ago, CawcoDemon said:

My first ever wad.

I think I've been working for 2 years on it and startet as a total and complete noob regarding mapping.

Its not perfect and I've spend the last couple of weeks finishing up many details, fixing a ton of bugs and remade many, many rooms.

Its not the prettiest, its not impressive from a architectural point of view, and compared to many other wads, its still very basic. But I very much loved working on it and learned so many things while doing it.

My plan was releasing it for Christmas, but I have still one final beta-test left (there just wasn't enough time and people), so I'm releasing it

This is your very first wad you've made? Gotta say looks really good for a new mapper.

I will say is this: Always take your time making maps. Trust me when i first started making maps, they we're bad and i mean bad. But as i learned and being apart of a community project i gotten better at mapping but i'm still learning.

Anyways i can't wait for you to post this because i want to play it and give feed back on it. If there is one thing i will ask is this. Did you make it in UDMF format or is it Vanilla?

5 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

This is your very first wad you've made? Gotta say looks really good for a new mapper. 

Anyways i can't wait for you to post this because i want to play it and give feed back on it. If there is one thing i will ask is this. Did you make it in UDMF format or is it Vanilla?

thank you!

Stupid me started building it in UDMF, then I realized later I wanted to use other options and did the remaining maps in DOOM2. A dumb error, I know, but this won't happen for part 2! :-)

2 hours ago, CawcoDemon said:

My first ever wad.

I think I've been working for 2 years on it and started as a total and complete noob regarding mapping.

i actually did a series named "pinta-pack" each map pack has 5 levels... funny how this turned out is what i'm saying. this looks cool! i'll be checking for updates

I got no screen shots yet but i am working on another set of shovel ware style wads. Just working on the read me for it at the moment.

But i have named it "Scavenger's dumb 90's shovel ware wads #2: Gems i found on Shovel ware disks".

I know dumb name but it's meant to be fun not taking super ultra serious. I will provide screen shots soon enough.

54 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I hope the static is animated so I can go blind like I always wanted to.

It definitely is lol. Has a nice eye melt-y feel to it.

Started working on an old map again and added this new area.

woof0018.png.5b8df4d581743882a60b53012059ed19.png

WIP:

image.png.c7b33226be6b1b5d18ec5c204a8fc6ce.png

Edited by SuyaSS

On 12/27/2022 at 8:16 AM, Fernito said:

Almost there :')

image.png.98d468fa05ac112732cf53ee436ce6a9.png

Oh man, just looking at that alone it making my brain go brrrrrrrr. Looks cool but oh man those line defs

8 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Oh man, just looking at that alone it making my brain go brrrrrrrr. Looks cool but oh man those line defs

In my defense, it runs at a very decent framerate on Crispy Doom... at 640x400 :P

On 12/23/2022 at 5:37 AM, LordEntr0py said:

ezgif-1-4f5979c64b.gif

Looks amazing! What texture pack are you using and how did you get the atmosphere to be so good?!

6 hours ago, CorzaX24 said:

Looks amazing! What texture pack are you using and how did you get the atmosphere to be so good?!

It's a custom one we're assembling for our project. Also a smoke generator Thing hacked together in DECORATE other than that, it's all in the lighting. This scene in particular uses all three types: additive attenuated and subtractive.

General advice: set the ambient sector light low and use dynamic point lights to make decorative elements pop

3 hours ago, LordEntr0py said:

It's a custom one we're assembling for our project. Also a smoke generator Thing hacked together in DECORATE other than that, it's all in the lighting. This scene in particular uses all three types: additive attenuated and subtractive.

General advice: set the ambient sector light low and use dynamic point lights to make decorative elements pop

Ah, keen to see your finished project! Yeah I've played around with some FX Things in some of my stuff, never the smoke one though. I've always just used the generic Light and Flicker Lights Things, can you explain additive, attenuated and subtractive?

Yeah I usually set ambient lighting to around 100 and use point light on light textures.

47 minutes ago, CorzaX24 said:

Ah, keen to see your finished project! Yeah I've played around with some FX Things in some of my stuff, never the smoke one though. I've always just used the generic Light and Flicker Lights Things, can you explain additive, attenuated and subtractive?

Yeah I usually set ambient lighting to around 100 and use point light on light textures.

The smoke generator is a modified version of a fog generator I found on Realm667 that creates smaller drifting clouds.

Going a little off-topic, but...

Attenuated lights are point lights that illuminate surfaces like real-world lights. An attenuated "red" light changes the hue of what you're looking at, but doesn't make it red.

Additive lights actually change the colour of things/textures within their light radius by adding the RGB values of the dynamic light to those textures.

Subtractive lights are the opposite of Additive lights, and *subtract* the RGB values.

It's hard to explain their effects concisely. I recommend playing with them yourself to see how they work.