Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

On dimanche 6 octobre 2019 at 7:08 PM, Octillion said:

Corporate Hell #2

"Bah, I overworked again. Guess I'll stop by the near hospital first."

Screenshot_Doom_20191006_171227.png

There are many fixed versions of that "UAC" texture without that little bit of dark smudge, please use one.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

There are many fixed versions of that "UAC" texture without that little bit of dark smudge, please use one.

I'll be honest with you, when I started my wad I wanted to add custom textures alongside Doom 1 & 2. However, due to being a complete amateur with slade, I somehow lose hours of progress on the smaller maps that I made. (Still don't know what caused such an occurrence.) Which caused a lot of frustration and I settled down with just Doom 1 & 2 textures. I really don't want to risk another event like that, especially since this map completely dwarfs every other map I made.

Spoiler

Screenshot_3.png.344cf1a294963ea84f870013a4e9e170.png

Sorry for my inexperience.

2 minutes ago, Octillion said:

I really don't want to risk another event like that, especially since this map completely dwarfs every other map I made.

Make a copy of the wad and then try adding new stuff in slade. If you mess up, make another copy.

I love urban doom maps! :)

I have been experimenting with using 3D models in GZDoom

and I think my next little project will be to make a pk3 file that can replace the sprite actors

in Sergeant_Mark_IVs vehicle Combat Mod

mainly for my own personal enjoyment, since I will likely be using a lot of models made by others

3 minutes ago, Payload4367 said:

Make a copy of the wad and then try adding new stuff in slade. If you mess up, make another copy.

I will give it another go, but only after I finish the map and make sure I have backup copies everywhere.

16 hours ago, whirledtsar said:

Are those the candle models from hexen 2? Or arcane dimensions perhaps? Interesting choice.

Arcane Dimensions.  While the thing I'm working on is using Heretic as a base, it isn't itself Heretic.

9 minutes ago, Nootrac4571 said:

Getting carried away with midtextures again:

Carried away maybe, but it looks just right. My only problem is who's going to clean the gore from those precious antique books =(

37 minutes ago, reflex17 said:

Carried away maybe, but it looks just right. My only problem is who's going to clean the gore from those precious antique books =(

My books! My precious antique books! Oh, look what you've done to 'em.

If it helps, they're all really horrible books about demons and stuff.

1 hour ago, Nootrac4571 said:

they're all really horrible books about demons and stuff.

haha, then it's not so bad then. 

It's a cool screenshot, I've always liked medieval sorts of themes. It looks like it could be out of a Castlevania game or something. This screenshot is also a good example of how some midtextures can break up the visual field and prevent everything from being just straight lines. 

On 10/16/2019 at 2:57 PM, Payload4367 said:

Or rather make a Git repository. I really don't want to see this practice of low-tech backup copies when something much better exists.

48 minutes ago, Jaska said:

Lastly finished locations on my finally finished project!

Screenshots look awesome, huge open areas can be bad if they're not set up right, but these look well done. The last shot not only looks like a realistic place but also a fun level which can be a tough balance. My favorite thing though is the first shot with the pond and lilypads, very immersive (no pun intended hehe)

5 minutes ago, reflex17 said:

Screenshots look awesome, huge open areas can be bad if they're not set up right, but these look well done. The last shot not only looks like a realistic place but also a fun level which can be a tough balance. My favorite thing though is the first shot with the pond and lilypads, very atmospheric.

Thanks! You are right, I had problems with the open areas. Hope they are good enough, heh. Last shots map is one of my favourites. I had that kind of swamp theme in my mind for along time and I just had to include it to the project somehow. It's not long but nice touch, I think.

That went better than expected. It's a single shot.

giphy.gif

PuriFire was partially based the ContraSpread code by @Gokuma, so big thanks for help. :)

8 hours ago, pcorf said:

Second Doom Odyssey trailer.

Those layouts look so organic and aesthetic, at least compared to some of your previous works. Im so hyped to play this!

A few more screenshots of the nearly completed town mapScreenshot_Strife_20191019_214635.png.a1008889114dda42398ac6899be9f257.pngScreenshot_Strife_20191019_214235.png.7e4e096c7681a45d168910db82ba7a59.pngScreenshot_Strife_20191019_214214.png.cd05d7198f9fc100162567dd009d5f8a.png
I'm hoping to have this first hub released sometime in January

I've made a complete port of "Zombies TC" passing the Dehacked stuff , to Decorate, Language, SNDINFO and such.
As well at the same time remaking all the weapons and adding multiple fixes and tweaks to the levels.
But without destroying the original intention of the mod obviously.

More info and download: