Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

7 hours ago, Armolitskiy said:

With every screenshot you take, my self-esteem goes down.

When I was younger and just started with maps, I also felt like loser and felt like I'll never reach that "nice looking stage" of maps. But with patience, time, help and persistence I just got better. Besides, lots of people are supportive here... don't forget that everyone's steps are different and unique their way. Not sure how this will be helpful, but don't lose hope and just give yourself more time and stay patient ;) 

8 hours ago, Armolitskiy said:

With every screenshot you take, my self-esteem goes down.

Don't be discouraged, it's not fair to compare yourself to people who have gained experience in mapping for YEARS. Take it slow and steady, no need to make a complicated layout. Sometimes simplicity overtakes complexity in maps.

Here's a boost, your first maps were received really well. I did a 15 map wad and it meant nothing lol.

Lately I've been trying the basics of advanced ports like texture scaling, dynamic lights and skyboxes for the first time. The textures are from System Shock 2, and the sky was generated using an online 3d skybox program which I then edited slightly and cropped for use in the map. 

yQXP54H.png

JSSjnRw.png

8pYhHSl.png

original start

Screenshot (62).png

new start

8165442_Screenshot(68).png.1438a7ba24c182c902d6d3a5ad658d33.png

the pick-up gimmick is that every player corpse has a weapon, ammo, and a soulsphere.

2054407927_Screenshot(70).png.eb6c07eb4bb245af915af48dbaa0316b.png

but I am working on a cyberdemon boss fight that involves cybers stalking you through teleporters.  And I think the best way to beat them is by taking them on as they come through a teleporter, and then running away and repeating.

A 'combat-puzzle' of sorts i hope.

(but yeah this is super ugly rn but the gameplay is pretty experiemental and i want to nail that.  wish me luck)

speaking of puzzles:

1876072761_Screenshot(73).png.238162d45befad7552ebf7aa7bdeab7d.png

Edited by Mk7_Centipede

On 11/3/2019 at 12:09 AM, Mk7_Centipede said:

Screenshot (62).png

I would suggest you to try avoid those really sharp edges at the top and try some texture variation on lower rocks. Looks pretty cool other than that

2 hours ago, Marlamir said:

strong system shock vibe

Yep:

On jeudi 31 octobre 2019 at 1:36 AM, reflex17 said:

The textures are from System Shock 2