Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

On 5/20/2020 at 7:24 PM, TravyB said:

It was just supposed to be a simple staircase to go from A to B but I got carried away. I can't be the only one?

Looks good! To got carried away is the best thing can happen to you isn't it?

12 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

After having 20 maps done in my megawad, I decided to go back and redo all the old maps because they weren't up to snuff. So that's what I've been doing the past 6/7 months (I'm a slow mapper). Here's a before and after of some areas of map13:

Before:

mCpi3rW.png

After:

ICRSqYU.png

Before:

DKxQFVF.png

After:

7Bptm2F.png

Before:

c4MEy99.png

After:

v1qasx4.png

Woah! That's awesome!

On 5/21/2020 at 3:12 AM, ViolentBeetle said:

Did you actually manage to align guts on a circle? Tell me your secret.

What @NiGHTMARE said is pretty much it, just make sure the circumference is divisible by 64. Making sure it stays aligned when connected to a billion other linedefs is the tricky part.

@elend Thanks for the skies! I'll be sure to try out all three of those, as well as some of the suggestions @joepallai made.

@Arbys550 That detail work is really hitting the spot!

@arnaldocsf I'm liking the aesthetic of that level so far. Reminds me of Doom E2.

@Tormentor667 That looks beautiful! I'm particularly loving that skybox, it looks epic. The lighting looks pretty sleek as well, really makes it feel futuristic!

Finished 1st out of 4 side-segments of my next map. Featuring a room dedicated to squeezing delicious scull juice of of piles of sculls.

scull squeezer.png

On 5/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, Arbys550 said:

After having 20 maps done in my megawad, I decided to go back and redo all the old maps because they weren't up to snuff. So that's what I've been doing the past 6/7 months (I'm a slow mapper). Here's a before and after of some areas of map13:

these look fantastic, huge improvements! though I quite like the sky in the before shots too ;D

got carried away with 3d floors on later map for Hellbreach...

Screenshot%20from%202020-05-23%2012-55-2

Screenshot%20from%202020-05-23%2012-59-4

There are more, including a spiral stairway down to the entrance to Hell to finish as well as lighting and monsters, more texturing, and some key/switch logic to do... 

Edited by smeghammer : remote image URLs

On 5/21/2020 at 9:33 PM, Arbys550 said:

those new shots give a much better impression of depth and structure. perhaps you can try using otex, some textures, especially stone, have a very 3d look.

3 hours ago, Pirx said:

Perhaps you can try using otex, some textures, especially stone, have a very 3d look.

Thanks! I'm trying to use stock doom and final doom textures only for this project, so no otex. I have used otex before though, and it's awesome, if a bit overwhelming at first.

I have suddenly realized that I'm making walls that are way thinner than the big bricks have any right to be. Maybe I should change this.

thin walls.png

So I didn't realise that the rain fx will stop if you get underneath a ceiling with no sky textures. For some reason after I deleted the rainspawner fx rain still comes down. Anyone know how to fix?Screenshot_Doom_20200524_190153.png.4a4a9c0154408a6bfd3c96d1146714dc.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200524_190202.png.d49a2dbe145dd157aa5157fe7526f5b6.png

There is some amazing stuff in here! 

The possibilities for designs are just endless. Think I'll have to go back to the start and start playing through some of these...

This particular view is not possible in proper game because floor would raise to your level by now, but it still looks pretty nice.1898536730_fleshminesshaft.png.89f78e31468e8316f7afbe17d9efc266.png

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 7:09 PM, morse_deal_with_god said:

rain still comes down. Anyone know how to fix?

You will need to edit the pk3. In Slade, open the pk3 Source.acs file, go to line 171 and delete this line... ACS_NamedExecute ("OUTSIDE2", 0);

Remember to compile the file again and save. Your map looks real nice, keep it up.

2 hours ago, AL-97 said:

@Impie Is that a new episode in the Realms of Dr. Chaos series?

No, it's a new thing altogether where you play a hillbilly space elf.

Edited by Impie

These pictures are a slaughter map I was originally going to make using Gothic DM textures, but after some time I swapped to Odex Textures. I can say it's a better option. But this is a slow work in Progress, currently busy with a smaller project though.

image.png.b45ab94c7f543bf1829cf9e3e070458a.png

image.png.fdaa20b96b5f895470002446c471b85d.png

image.png.459533fd23307cb58b3a221c41c5623a.png

image.png.82f872e531eb3e07376d4a4cc09e206c.png

image.png.96427d27283e3684925203b5cd9cbe8b.png

I learned a new thing and made a gimmick map:

xw3GXjQ.png

Can you guess the theme? ;D

Out of curiosity, I did a map size comparison for my WAD. One more level and it's finished.

hma-mapcompare.jpg

I too like to share my maps once in a while. 1 side area is still missing. Map is revolving around central platform that raises to connect a pair of doors, then you go into the side area to end up slightly higher and central platform raises after you.

wire map.png