Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

On 11/6/2020 at 3:34 AM, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Finally finished 6-hours speedmap, here's some screenshots from it:

Care to post a layout picture from the 2D editor?  Also how long does it take to UV-Max this map?  I've always had issues with speed.

This was originally map 2 of Chapter 2 for OverBuffed

MAP12.jpg.2feb576bed21df5c40d225365fe75908.jpg

I decided to redo it and make it the opening map for Chapter 2 but I got carried away in terms of length/combat as it would take me about 10-11min to UV-Max the map so I might just bump it up a few slots

46214662_MAP12(Final).JPG.8437d3d00ab32a9f52038a09935a75e1.JPG

After publishing my first WAD, "First Blood", I have begun work on a much-shorter mapset focused entirely on extremely-abstract Hell environments, using the Doom 2 stock textures as best as I can. (I can't be bothered to figure out custom textures right now...)

The image below is a WIP of my first one; the larger room is a secret fight.

Screw your realistic techbase buildings filled with nothing but hitscanners. I always strive to do something different in my maps.

Why would there be hitscanners in Hell? Why would there be medkits and stimpacks? In these maps, I plan for the only sources of health to be powerups and health bonuses. The health bonuses are actually 24, 16, or 8 stacked on top of each other depending on your skill level. (The item counts are gonna be BIG. lol) I might change my mind later, but so far this one map includes only demons, among these gory depths of Hell. These maps won't be a cakewalk, for sure.

Capture.PNG

MAP07 of my Eternity project. I'm just making this one up as I go - still in its early stages, of course.

etrn01.png.f4592b3e718e8bf4324fdb6cbd471e03.png

Basic layout finished, still missing almost all detail and probably needs few tweaks when i start texturing and designing the gameplay

512 grid size

0IRGwpR.png

15 hours ago, Matias said:

Basic layout finished, still missing almost all detail and probably needs few tweaks when i start texturing and designing the gameplay

512 grid size

0IRGwpR.png

Would love to see some in-game screenshots of that.

On mardi 10 novembre 2020 at 10:06 AM, Dunn & Dunn said:

Capture.PNG

I can't help but see a teapot at the top of the southern area.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

I can't help but see a teapot at the top of the southern area.

I usually end up unintentionally drawing things like faces in my maps... xD

Yet again another blow up of an older map (This is getting boring I know, but I'm almost out of old layouts).  This actually was one of the earliest maps I've completed for the project and I still have a video on my HD (I should absolutely showcase a video of the similarities/differences.

MUK MAZE

1947073062_Builder2020-05-1809-21-50-63.jpg.4de875f6a0dcae82f7e5fc7a079a0043.jpg

No longer will be called MUK MAZE

Builder.JPG.58bcfc2e59fcfa1cb95fe7c27ca0f67f.JPG

My progress with redesigning MAP16: Jungle Fever in Jazz Jackrabbit Doom! I decided to go back some of the original maps and begin to redesign or extend.

The original map lacked detail and effort in my opinion. Here's what I've done so far.