Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Here's my yet to be released map called "The Dark Zone", a Quake1 DM remake level for Doom2.

I've mentioned it in this topic before but here's a slightly updated shot:

tdz_shot1.png.15c5f24f28a72a595f49e70934648505.png 

And here's a shot of a DM level I'm currently working on called Plexydome 3 - The Return.

There will be 3 or 4 totally different styled areas where players can DM in, and a central sort of void area that will link them all together.

This is just one of the areas so far, a sort of man-cave with black lights and big florescent posters everywhere, currently WIP:

pd3_shot1.png.ee913256377338f9541aab0104d3c920.png

It was hard to get a shot here as pretty much all the textures other than the posters are animated.

Pretty much everything in the area is brightmap induced and as black lights tend to make everything glow yellow/green I'm scratching my head wondering if I should have the players glow this color via sector lighting or not.

Edited by Mr.Rocket

5 minutes ago, Alfredo said:

37a6318c808a3755cd221ddabd86991c.gif

I went fishing. All I found was Pain.

I love this. Clever use of untextured walls if that's what I'm seeing.

19 hours ago, StupidBunny said:

Map I finished back in 2013 or so for the MAP04 slot of my ongoing project, but have gone in to touch up some of the blander-looking bits and more importantly to thoroughly revamp the combat to be (I hope) less grindy.  Used to be a Tyson start but I thought this'd be more fun.  If anybody wants to give it a playtest I will DM them the link ;3

DOOM0125.png.4b018b055b5bd9e5ccea4f14c3d8a7ba.png

DOOM0127.png.5e211b5e5f2af9f9d99271c837b8dc7c.png

DOOM0128.png.9c1da1d959267e58b21449dd99fc0353.png

DOOM0132.png.454ff8199aba5d26ed4913b45f0568f9.png

I'd be happy to test it, if you wish . I can give you a pretty good( if I do say so myself) analysis of the map. Just PM me the link through Doomworld and I'll get to work on it as soon as possible.

4 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Here's my yet to be released map called "The Dark Zone", a Quake1 DM remake level for Doom2.

I've mentioned it in this topic before but here's a slightly updated shot:

tdz_shot1.png.15c5f24f28a72a595f49e70934648505.png 

for doom? hell yeah.

and spock's lsd trip is also crazy. yes, let them glow.

I have to verify and run a Zan server for a bit but yep. :P

Heh alright man.. It's imperative, they must gLooo... ;)

I'd like for it to be.. fascinating.

Planning out a couple switch puzzles for my submission to Doomworld Maximum Project 2021. The blue puzzle is a combination lock: hit the switches in the correct order to open the door [Working and implemented]. The black puzzle is a slightly different take: Each switch activates or deactivates a certain number of the other switches in the system and all four must be active to open the portal [Work in progress].

20210226_015549.jpg

apWaa1Y.gif

Been doing preparations for the community project that will be announced soon. Experimenting with lighting. Not sure if it's worth the effort.

36 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Not sure if it's worth the effort.

it is very well worth it, imo. 

4 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Developed a new flat to make it more portal-y. It's a little jerky because a frame didn't work out, but not really noticable

Nice, I see it, that's looking pretty cool though!

And poor voodoo doll back there in his forever loop. :D

25 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

And poor voodoo doll back there in his forever loop. :D

What is my purpose? You turn the light on and off on the loop.

Decided to try my hand at a custom monster with DECORATE. I subclassed a BoH, and adapted the flamethrower code from a FlamerZombie. I changed the flames to be the same as the green fireball. It's pretty cool I think.

It's currently on my episode 1 replacement in the secret level (e1m9) in a generic square room. You'll need to IDCLEV19 to it.

>>Direct download<<

Obligatory screen shots:

Spoiler

fb_1.png?raw=true

fb_2.png?raw=true

fb_3.png?raw=true

fb_4.png?raw=true

fb_5.png?raw=true

The screenshots don't do it justice...

Been working on this map today; mostly rethinking and tweaking the visuals--though I did turn the whole level into a door by accident; hadn't done that in awhile...

before

before.png

after

after.png

8 minutes ago, joepallai said:

though I did turn the whole level into a door by accident; hadn't done that in awhile...

Lol that's always a good time.  Even more fun is when you turn everything into a crusher and suddenly the whole level itself is trying to kill you

Solid looking techbase map btw

IDK how many people are following it, as it had a few likes but not much comment, but the Black Cats of Doom has been quiet for a while. This is because while it is feature complete, it's probably my biggest Doom-related software development project so far.

There is one serious bug that doesn't manifest often but is a big PITA when it does: the cats can get stuck running around in circles in small areas even when there would be - to a human or a real cat - an obvious way out. This will require upgrading the cats' custom A_Chase() function and while I am not looking forward to writing yet more code, it looks as if something similar to Josh 771's advanced AI pack posted in ZDoom a while ago will be required to fix this. There is also the odd crash of GZDoom now and then which may be down to the cats mod or not.

So it's currently in long-term play testing. I've been meaning to do more playing of the game instead of modding it, so this is as good a reason as any.

I also want to add some sort of artefact to ascend the remaining cats on a level to cat heaven; if I need the level cleared of cats during testing, I don't like killing them; besides, it's more in-keeping with the theme of them being 'black magic cats summoned by the Gods to fight against evil'; I did have this working in my experimental Farmville mod but only used a cheap teleport flash effect; really, they need a Heretic Golem style 'souls ascending to heaven' effect for this to look properly cool.