Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Recommended Posts

Looks great StormCatcher.77.
I did notice that you may have left a lower texture untextured and allowed the engine to fill it in for you. See below screenshot.








EDIT: Added a cool effect for use later on, where the room dims out. Click on the gif below for an MP4.

Share this post


Link to post



I just only played with colours with paint.net for this screenshot,but still, I wonder if I can get FIREBLU1 like red and green. And teal walls.

Anyway,I call this creation sad.wad,because of missing skills and other stuff.

Share this post


Link to post

StormCatcher.77, Dragonfly: Usually the Zdoom maps are just ugly low-effort 1996ish corridors and plain rooms connected together + added extra features, but you two are exception and you even cared how it looks.

Share this post


Link to post

NinjaLiquidator: I was once greatly impressed by map named "Putrefier" from Ed C. And recent Warphouse too. I am inspired by these maps, but I feel that a lot of time will pass before I create something similar.

Thanks! I will continue to work ...

Share this post


Link to post

Techbase


Those soldier's sprites are just copied from stronghold.pk3. Replaces wolfensteins.

Maybe I should have started this whole project for gzdoom from the beginning. This is boom compatible. 5 maps ready. Target 10-20 maps.

Share this post


Link to post

Today I started on my attempt to make Tenements actually look like tenements. In the finished version, the building will be longer and with larger gaps between the windows.

Share this post


Link to post

Despite officially dropping out of Nova III back in September, inspiration for the map I'd been working on has struck again, so it may be that I stick my head back into the thread if this amounts to anything and my motivation doesn't sputter out as before...

Share this post


Link to post

Don't get your hopes up -- sorry. an_mutt hasn't been online since 6 December. Hopefully he's just taking a long vocation.

Share this post


Link to post

^ Don't be silly, he'll be back soon enough. This is a very hectic time of year for many people.

TheOrganGrinder said:

Despite officially dropping out of Nova III back in September, inspiration for the map I'd been working on has struck again, so it may be that I stick my head back into the thread if this amounts to anything and my motivation doesn't sputter out as before...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/333/31062983293_8d601e23d1_b.jpg

Looks sort of Brotherhood of Ruin, though the crimson sky through the high window-slits suggests a hellscape of some sort. 'As below, so above', perhaps? Keep on truckin', I'll bet you can make something cool.

Share this post


Link to post

Making my first Doom 2 level, basically as practice to figure out Doom Builder 2. Spent about 5 hours working. It's alright, but there's one problem I'm having serious trouble fixing - the shotgun guy in the armor room can shoot through the walls. I set him to deaf and set every relevant vector to impassible, block monsters, & block sound. But he can still see everybody outside of his room and shoot at them. Looking for some help with this.

This is it: https://mega.nz/#!5o9VVKiA!NZys2AQwVudm8q-zjl432W3FzQK6YiE7FFrUoPf6Jeo

Share this post


Link to post
Demon of the Well said:

Looks sort of Brotherhood of Ruin, though the crimson sky through the high window-slits suggests a hellscape of some sort. 'As below, so above', perhaps? Keep on truckin', I'll bet you can make something cool.


Brotherhood of Ruin is indeed a major inspiration here; the second episode of Nova III, which I'd originally signed up to map for, is designated swamp/jungle/temple, and the texture pack includes a lot of Mesoamerican textures borrowed from Brotherhood (and ultimately from Hexen II). The red sky you're seeing through the windows is actually DB2's "missing texture!" placeholder; if this map does get a Nova III episode 2 map slot, the sky outside those windows should be more of a warm orange tone.

doomgoy said:

Making my first Doom 2 level, basically as practice to figure out Doom Builder 2. Spent about 5 hours working. It's alright, but there's one problem I'm having serious trouble fixing - the shotgun guy in the armor room can shoot through the walls. I set him to deaf and set every relevant vector to impassible, block monsters, & block sound. But he can still see everybody outside of his room and shoot at them. Looking for some help with this.

This is it: https://mega.nz/#!5o9VVKiA!NZys2AQwVudm8q-zjl432W3FzQK6YiE7FFrUoPf6Jeo


Having downloaded your WAD and looked at the room in question, three things to consider:

  • The 'deaf' flag is a bit of a misnomer; a deaf monster still 'hears' everything that goes on, it just doesn't react to player attack sounds by entering an active state. Instead, it enters a state of heightened awareness where its sight cone, normally 180 degrees in front of it, is instead all-around, 360 degrees.
  • There need to be two block sound lines along the path of sound in order to stop that sound from propagating into additional sectors.
  • Monster line of sight isn't blocked by middle textures even if they have no gaps that give the appearance of a texture that can be seen through. Your shotgun guy could see through the walls if they were, say, a grating or a set of bars texture, right? To a monster, a solid-looking middle texture is just as see-through as a grating, or no middle texture at all.
The simplest solution is to use a 'real' wall (i.e. a void space between one-sided lines) in place of what you've constructed with two-sided lines.

Share this post


Link to post
TheOrganGrinder said:

Having downloaded your WAD and looked at the room in question, three things to consider:

  • The 'deaf' flag is a bit of a misnomer; a deaf monster still 'hears' everything that goes on, it just doesn't react to player attack sounds by entering an active state. Instead, it enters a state of heightened awareness where its sight cone, normally 180 degrees in front of it, is instead all-around, 360 degrees.
  • There need to be two block sound lines along the path of sound in order to stop that sound from propagating into additional sectors.
  • Monster line of sight isn't blocked by middle textures even if they have no gaps that give the appearance of a texture that can be seen through. Your shotgun guy could see through the walls if they were, say, a grating or a set of bars texture, right? To a monster, a solid-looking middle texture is just as see-through as a grating, or no middle texture at all.
The simplest solution is to use a 'real' wall (i.e. a void space between one-sided lines) in place of what you've constructed with two-sided lines.


Thanks a bunch for the help, but I don't think I understand the last part. Is this what you meant by "a void space between one-sided lines"? It still isn't working.

Share this post


Link to post

I was inspired by some of the stuff on here to try my hand at making something. It's really not much, but I'm pretty pleased with it. It took me about 2 hours because I'm slow. >_>;

Spoiler

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×