Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

11 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

and what's Ubi maior? Is it old latin for something?

I didn't know myself. This is what Google showed me for ubi maior minor cessat:

Screenshot_20221003-065345.png

Seems like good advice to me.

39 minutes ago, LordEntr0py said:

I didn't know myself. This is what Google showed me for ubi maior minor cessat:

Screenshot_20221003-065345.png

Seems like good advice to me.

I might change to that, that seems likes a great Doom 1 title

Coming soon - A Halloween wad - "Beneath Phobos lab #5". A horror - themed single wad inspired by Doom E2M6 Halls of the Damned and Doom II map 04 the Focus. Dark, atmospheric, scary, and slaughterish with mostly linear progression and a unique gameplay mechanic. I'm trying to "make Doom scary again", like John Romero did with Sigil. Gameplay is intended to be more fun, than difficult.

(Areas shown are mostly beginning areas. Monsters and some items have been removed to avoid spoilers.)

Screenshot_Doom_20221005_104955.png

Screenshot_Doom_20221005_105146.png

Screenshot_Doom_20221005_105456.png

Screenshot_Doom_20221005_105529.png

Screenshot_Doom_20221005_111717.png

Im working on my hard wad called "I wanna be the temple guy" and its also my first wad ever made and in development.

For my Darkzone map. Using sky textures as wall will be in next year, mark my words. 

image.png

On 10/8/2022 at 2:12 PM, Jizzwardo said:

01.png

02.png

Listen, mate. These are really frickin' cool and I adore the styling, but if you're gonna use that username, I'm'a have to know you a whole lot better before I'm comfortable with that colour in your map.

Seriously, though. This looks really cool and unique. I saw you've posted this map in Wads & Mods I'll check it out.

57 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Let's all go to the mushroom forest

doom125.png

doom126.png

"Are the mushrooms safe to eat? Or do they turn into demons? Hmmmm"- this would be a great line to use in the flavor text

2 hours ago, LordEntr0py said:

Listen, mate. These are really frickin' cool and I adore the styling, but if you're gonna use that username, I'm'a have to know you a whole lot better before I'm comfortable with that colour in your map.

Seriously, though. This looks really cool and unique. I saw you've posted this map in Wads & Mods I'll check it out.

lol, thanks :D

I started working on a plasma weapon that can "stun" monsters and this is the result for now:

It still misses the sprites, correct sounds and maybe some fixes, of course.
It uses a little trick to get the stun, one day I'll learn to create something more "specific", but it gets the job done x)

8 hours ago, Shanoa said:

Hey there! Haven't really done any progress since my last post here but at the same time I sorta did.

Hide contents

image.png.dc1a6f117a6896cc06bcf03c1bef826f.png

This is the shot from my last post but hours after I posted this at the time, I decided to cull out the lower left part of the area.

Hide contents

bzRDIqW.jpg

I've also added some terrain to make some of the trees stand higher, as well as an enemy tower in the back.

Hide contents

MnrnfSA.jpg

Sans lighting

ketGtUy.jpg

With lighting

Also added a little dock with a silly looking boat. But yeah, since then nothing really. What's left to do, for this area, is I removed the northern rock formation (seen on the first "recent" screenshot, or the 2nd photo if you prefer) in place of the castle wall which will let you go back inside the keep for...whatever is next. But until I do, I still wanna do more work on that specific outside area i'm spending too long on. Such as lighting variation to replace my initial "suddenly the area goes dark" plan.

Amazing how just a handful of changes can make an area feel so much more alive!

I have been making a gameplay mod based upon the Board James series called Bad Luck Bootsy. It features multiple weaponized versions of various board game items along with some new enemies. If anybody is interested in contributing, the project is currently open for map submissions.

Snapshot_13073.PNG.081b684eb0e3aacd066093c407efc4f9.PNG

Snapshot_13063.PNG.a61d4e7938923b094b5425db6a08f4d3.PNG

Snapshot_13089.PNG.1e8cdce6b59de42deb8457fc2c46b5dd.PNG

12 minutes ago, Domestic-Weirdo said:

I have been making a gameplay mod based upon the Board James series called Bad Luck Bootsy. It features multiple weaponized versions of various board game items along with some new enemies. If anybody is interested in contributing, the project is currently open for map submissions.

Snapshot_13073.PNG.081b684eb0e3aacd066093c407efc4f9.PNG

Should also set the RNG to be worse possible result for everything as well.  XD

Not seen Board James for years. Shame he ended it. :(

Maybe Mike Mattei might play this on stream. That'll be awesome. :)

Still very slow going on the wad, not finding much inspiration. Maybe it's because I just turned 40, and the world is turning to shit. Who knows.

01.jpg

02.jpg

On 10/10/2022 at 12:58 AM, ViolentBeetle said:

Let's all go to the mushroom forest

doom125.png

doom126.png

Looks awesome man, I feel trippy already :)

scrapped an old version of this map, but im picking up and beginning anew. Hopefully this makes a convincing horizon???? if not fuck it ill just make a big walled port.

outpostnew.png.5d43c271b5d0767121f600375dc02656.png

4 hours ago, TheHambourgeois said:

scrapped an old version of this map, but im picking up and beginning anew. Hopefully this makes a convincing horizon???? if not fuck it ill just make a big walled port.

outpostnew.png.5d43c271b5d0767121f600375dc02656.png

Yeah, I've run into the same problem both in my maps and others, ID tech 1 engine struggles to make a convincing ocean/sea horizon. I know @mouldy 's new mapset Overboard does a pretty good example of this though, so I'd recommend taking a look at what he did there.