Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

On 4/22/2023 at 9:21 AM, Sneezy McGlassFace said:

For generations, mankind has been troubled by a simple question: How many dummy sectors is too many?

EuPGodz.png

Ask not what the dummy sectors can do for you, ask what you can do for the dummy sectors!

Edited by DTSlayer

Made a vanilla Doom II map to take a breather from making vanilla Doom I maps, and ended up with another "this would make a cool episode starter":

Scalpel-edit-area-at-2023-03-28-21-21-43

55 minutes ago, msx2plus said:

GOODWAD10.png

This is so cool, this is super metroid right?  love that idea.  cool stuff in all the others too

31 minutes ago, sandwedge said:

super metroid right?

yeah, tiles harvested from super metroid - i'm always surprised that there hasn't been more adoption of tileset use from 2d games, there's plenty of fun to be had with them.

What I've been working on for this bank holiday weekend; giving the Walpurgis version of Korax new abilities and a much bigger and detailed map. I also even voiced new lines for him myself!! (though no, I don't sound like Korax in real life, I'm just good with Audacity lol)

Still needs some tweaks to the level, probably. It made the video recording derp at a couple of points (you might notice, sadly) because I guess Korax now generates a lot of particles and stuff. Also, the final map needs more mana and stuff for balancing, probably.

If you have any thoughts on the design and how it could be improved, let me know. I'm not exactly a pro-mapper at all, but a jack of all trades, so thoughts on this are highly appreciated!

Improv session

DOOM0023.png.e563ba4fa9d50cf5331936b84fd2e9c2.png

Edited by s4f3s3x : update

I don't like how powerful BFG is at point blank range, so I'm experimenting with a replacement that would be more faithful to what I think BFG was intended to be, a Room sweeper. Also my interpretation of Catharsi in MBF21.

Been writing up a concept outline for a vampire-themed TC. I'll admit I don't have anywhere near the amount of proper experience and knowhow to pull off a WAD like that anytime soon, but at least having it written down would be good for later.

I might post the outline as a "concept thread" but I'm not sure if that would go in this sub-forum or in the general Classic Doom subforum?

A few areas from a new map I've nearly completed. Hoping to have it finished and released within a week or two.

Screenshot_Doom_20230503_131430.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230503_131504.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230503_131556.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230503_131627.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230503_131814.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230503_131859.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230503_132002.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230503_132108.png