Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

I've attached my final teaser picture of my current project 'Technomancy.' All the scenery and map design is now finished, and it is almost ready for beta testing. My final tasks are lighting and finalising the game play elements, which I'm going to test before posting.

I'm really excited about releasing this, and it will be my first map posted to the idgames archive. It has taken a great deal longer than I expected, but I've really pushed myself with this one, trying many things I've never attempted before. I'm looking forward to showcasing it in the very near future.

Technomancy 3.jpg

I'm working on a map for the Heretic Upstart Mapping Project (HUMP) tentatively titled 'Valley of the Gods' or 'Valley of Temples'. It's a meant to be a sprawling, nonlinear and highly interconnected (I hope) map. Right now, I'm still learning the (limited) textures and blocking out the map itself. I think it's coming along pretty well and once I start detailing, it'll really shine.

Layout:

JPpGf6V.png

Temple along northern part of the map:

P7MmCys.png

Central path:

0fpO0Ov.png

cyJrIYm.png

I'm still learning the textures (and Heretic in general), so there's room to improve.

On 2/25/2016 at 5:09 PM, everennui said:

I would love to see everyone's prize masterpiece. If you spent over 50 hours on your map I would love to see it.

I've created a mega-level and would love to release it here for you, but I'm not sure how. 

Its really large and very challenging. I'm sure you'd get a kick out of it. Can anyone help?

Omega 97.PNG

Edited by Dreamskull : Added a Picture

11 hours ago, mypetrobot said:

my first WAD in 15+ years [...] strictly use only custom textures that I make

Architecture and textures both look awesome!

back in the late 90s (I wanna say I used DoomEd,

This DoomEd? It's unlikely you had access to the original, official DoomEd, which wasn't publicly available until 2015.

10 hours ago, Dreamskull said:

I've created a mega-level and would love to release it here for you, but I'm not sure how.

Impressively complex map. If you want to release it, upload your wad to any file hosting site and post the link (read this before).

Edited by scifista42

Architecture and textures both look awesome!

Thanks man, it's getting there!

This DoomEd? It's unlikely you had access to the original, official DoomEd, which wasn't publicly available until 2015.

Yeah, that's the DoomEd (not the official one)! To confirm, I set-up Windows 3.1 on Dosbox and installed the program. This loading screen is forever etched in my brain:

xv6H4xM.jpg

I took a few other screenshots for posterity (since I couldn't find any yesterday with a quick google search):

P2JyHef.jpg

5dcydRQ.jpg

qZKni8V.jpg

Hey, are you okay with uploading these screenshots on the Doom wiki?

12 hours ago, Dreamskull said:

Its really large and very challenging. I'm sure you'd get a kick out of it. Can anyone help?

Omega 97.PNG

Use mediafire or Dropbox to host your file and upload it in a new  thread. If you're not done yet and just want a playtest send it to my message box. Otherwise you can look me up on Facebook (same user name (name's Lee Davis)) and send me the file directly. My email is leeallendavis@gmail.com if that's easier.

8 minutes ago, mypetrobot said:

Sure, no problem. I uploaded them and added them to the DoomEd 4.2 wiki page. The change is pending review.

Thanks! I've tweaked it a bit to use a gallery and approved the change. :)

Thanks! I've tweaked it a bit to use a gallery and approved the change. :)

Great! I added a few more screenshots too (pending review), the program was actually pretty robust for the time period.

Holy crap, DoomEd! I didn't cut my teeth on it, I was using one of those early commercial editors who's name I forget, but man that brings back memories... Great looking map and thanks for contributing those images too. I'm going to go squee like a nostalgic little tart. :)

On 24.8.2017 at 5:04 AM, YukiRaven said:

EDIT: Herp derp, I just noticed the misaligned skulls XD

I have the same issue all the time.

1. Make a screenshot

2. upload it

3. look at it

4. ???

5. spot faulty texture alignment somewhere.

1 minute ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I have the same issue all the time.

1. Make a screenshot

2. upload it

3. look at it

4. ???

5. spot faulty texture alignment somewhere.

same -_-

On 7/26/2017 at 1:14 PM, Jaska said:

Some new shots. Bloom effect is great!
cStkgFv.png

GLlZVga.png

From the roof
m8waNeJ.png

@Jaska Nice, several of those building textures were ones I made many years ago for Thief 2 - fun to see them show up in a Doom WAD! Did you grab them from thief.washboardabs.net or are they floating around in a pack somewhere?

Edited by Viggles

ExdfuW9.png

Sometimes I'm more excited with how a simple hallway turned out than anything else, though that may be because of all the 3d floor stuff going on here that you can't see.

EDIT:  *sigh* here, have an unintended hint for a secret, too XD

Edited by YukiRaven

A boom compatible level that's probably going to become my first level ever. I think it's a good sign when you aren't sure what to take a screenshot of.

doom03.png

11 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

EDIT:  *sigh* here, have an unintended hint for a secret, too XD

oops....thanks for the tip XD

4 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

Yeah well, it'll be changed now :-P  This is what I get for mapping 30 minutes after I wake up.

Just replace that soulsphere for a single health bonus and spawn a monster lol

20 hours ago, Viggles said:

@Jaska Nice, several of those building textures were ones I made many years ago for Thief 2 - fun to see them show up in a Doom WAD! Did you grab them from thief.washboardabs.net or are they floating around in a pack somewhere?

Very cool textures! I'll add you to the texture credits.

I took them from here:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/hc20