Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Hey, here's something I was working on a while ago I will likely never finish. It was a remake of a western DM map I made many about a year ago.

It included a destructible window that had 3 different levels of damage (you could not shoot through it unless it was at the final level). I never got much further than this saloon. I was intending to make a deathmatch map with great gameplay flow as well as visuals. For instance, if you run off of the second floor onto that armor pick up, you are in an immediate path to the exit door. I design all of my death match maps so they can play without jumping. The map(set) was intended for Zandronum, but the screenshot is taken in GZDoom, because I can't find my Zandronum screenshots for the life of me.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180310_212920.png.87dd8f29a1abcc6e60bb639c6508defd.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180310_213010.png.25c6fc3489c4a0c9e71ec05590b82b82.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180310_212958.png.689725f0d2c22d74fd7d07bca3ec7bfd.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180310_212939.png.16f51daf3463ac4ccaf9c40952e1d38e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180310_212932.png.9a26911ea7f2e9f39f7285ec3d65cb41.png

Just now, Bridgeburner56 said:

So, level 1 is pretty much done. Just needs some minor aesthetic tweaks but I'll come back to that. Level 2 has started ...

Opening area architecture is around 40% complete. I was quite ... ambitious:

"pics"

Cool!

How many levels will this mapset have? And make sure to get it done pls :P

10 hours ago, Catpho said:

Cool!

How many levels will this mapset have? And make sure to get it done pls :P

Ultimate goal is to make a full 32 level megawad but that'll be a couple of years realistically. So i'll release the first 5 levels for a bit of testing once I'm happy enough and then aim to get the 1st 10 levels out fully complete by the end of the year. I think I need to learn how to make smaller levels.

Holy smokes, this looks so great. Sorry if you have answered this somewhere (I tried looking around for the answer) but where can I download this at?

I notice the cultist avatar from Blood, haha, nice! Are some of these textures from Blood as well? Love that palette.

On 1/27/2017 at 12:05 PM, Darch said:

Finished this map recently:
4wu4zI4.pnggB15hOt.png

Redoing this old dm map into singleplayer map, this is only the start. Map plan below is from original wad. Nice thing that I can use this map for building additional stuff. 

CLAWSON7 at 2018.03.14 00-40-45.011 [R3004].jpg

CLAWSON7 at 2018.03.11 02-38-28.577 [R3004].jpg

On 11/3/2018 at 10:43 PM, nervewar said:

Holy smokes, this looks so great. Sorry if you have answered this somewhere (I tried looking around for the answer) but where can I download this at?

I notice the cultist avatar from Blood, haha, nice! Are some of these textures from Blood as well? Love that palette.

The wad should be on idgames. I'm going to channel @Darch if he can ask for it to be uploaded, because it would be a shame if such a good wad remains forgotten. 

Sweet, thanks so much! Downloading now and going to fire it up tonight :)

5 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

The wad should be on idgames. I'm going to channel @Darch if he can ask for it to be uploaded, because it would be a shame if such a good wad remains forgotten. 

On 10.03.2018 at 9:56 AM, Novaseer said:

You might be able to see a secret switch from this shot. Note: it's not an actual switch.

Yes, indeed I can see the secret switch that is not a switch.

14 minutes ago, mgr_inz_rafal said:

Yes, indeed I can see the secret switch that is not a switch.

If you think it's the blood fall instead of the nukage fall behind the techlamps, you're right.

If not, you're wrong.

Looks pretty good! I'll have to try it out when you finish it. Really like the monitor screens and I might have to use that for one of my future projects.

On 3/11/2018 at 5:33 AM, Bridgeburner56 said:

So, level 1 is pretty much done. Just needs some minor aesthetic tweaks but I'll come back to that. Level 2 has started ...

Opening area architecture is around 40% complete. I was quite ... ambitious.

Screenshot_Doom_20180311_222531.png.996ad1daea79679835d40b4096d07b84.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180311_222630.png.e39b643bec9c870deb0ba27fea4f5566.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180311_222547.png.aa1cb5b3d4ac399c7efbc3c6caf64d7c.png

It looks like a good level. I will have to try it out when you are finished.

Thanks a bunch! I'll include the assets when I release it :)

38 minutes ago, Classicgamer6 said:

Looks pretty good! I'll have to try it out when you finish it. Really like the monitor screens and I might have to use that for one of my future projects.

15 hours ago, nervewar said:

Hey everyone,

Here's some screenshots of a level I've been working on for about a week and a half now. This is my first level I've made since the 90's. You all inspired me to do it again :)

The general concept is that you have fallen into a mining facility that has been damaged due to maybe an earthquake, or some other unknown event.

I'm almost done with the general layout and gameplay. I'm trying to keep the player a bit starved for resources, rather than have it be a balls out brawl with tons of monsters and ammo. The screenshots are all done with gzdoom just because I like the look of it, but gaming wise it's pretty vanilla, no jumping or crouching required.

I basically just have to finish the outside exit area (you can see it's pretty bare at the moment) and it should be mostly complete from a gaming standpoint. Then I'd like to go and add in some more custom textures. I've created a couple monitor screens relevant to the level's concept already, and modified some doors, but I'd like to do a lot more.

It does have custom music that I've written already incorporated into it (I spend the vast majority of my free time writing music...or at least I did until I started this again!).

Anyway, I'm hoping to have a first version to put out there for people to play in the next couple weeks or so. Would love to hear any thoughts. Thanks - there is so much cool stuff you all are doing, keep up the good work!

[image snip]

The use of red keycard door textures in normal areas seems like it might confuse some people, but other than that it looks great!

10 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

The use of red keycard door textures in normal areas seems like it might confuse some people, but other than that it looks great!

Hey thanks! I didn't think of that, but that's a good call. I'm trying to give the impression that the conveyer belt systems are "off." Maybe a custom texture there will do the trick to avoid the confusion. Appreciate it!

23 hours ago, nervewar said:

Hey everyone,

Here's some screenshots of a level I've been working on for about a week and a half now. This is my first level I've made since the 90's. You all inspired me to do it again :)

So clean! Wonderful sense of simplicity, despite there being plenty of detail. Digging it, wb to Doom mapping, nothing quite like it is there? Returned to it in 2013 after staying away since the 90's too... =)

EDIT: The red keycard texture don't bug me btw, squeeze those stock textures, fits with the color theme...

Edited by Soundblock

Thanks so much, glad you're liking it. That's basically the balance I'm going for so that's cool to hear. Ok, thanks for the different perspective on the keycard texture. I'm still thinking I'll do something custom there at this point...We'll see. And yep, nothing quite like it at all, it's good to be back :)

2 hours ago, Soundblock said:

So clean! Wonderful sense of simplicity, despite there being plenty of detail. Digging it, wb to Doom mapping, nothing quite like it is there? Returned to it in 2013 after staying away since the 90's too... =)

EDIT: The red keycard texture don't bug me btw, squeeze those stock textures, fits with the color theme...

This is nuts. How long you been working on this?

3 hours ago, doomero-21 said:

this is one of the sectors of my 4th level for revenge of evil, a boss battle with various vagary.

The levels since january, the weapons and enemies were  made 7 years ago, but some new enemies like vagary and trite were made recently.

I like dungeon crawlers...

(That's only map 05 of 10. The entire chapter doesn't really play like this)

Screenshot_Doom_20180301_222213.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180301_222319.png

map5.png