Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

A small Question on the Doom 1 box art

If you look closely, there is one demon that has this cybernetic gun as one of its hands.
That demon is too small to be a cyberdemon, and the color doesn't match either.
While all the demons are clearly Barons, then this one should also be a Baron.
What demon could this one be, and why didn't id add this one?

It's clearly a representation of the cyberdemon. Back in those days, when you hired someone to paint something based on an unfinished product--rather than now, where you just stick the 3D model of the player on the box art--inconsistencies were totally unavoidable.

I'm going to just have to learn stop getting annoyed at 1) The fact that someone added the "hits blunt" thing to my EE posts that I can't see, and 2) blunts are an incredibly inefficient method of marijuana intake and I smoke them maybe a couple times a year, when in the company of certain blacks/Latinos.

GoatLord said:

1) The fact that someone added the "hits blunt" thing to my EE posts that I can't see

What, you mean we can see them, but not you?

HavoX all confused...

Ahahahaha that made me fucking laugh irl :D

I checked your post history and the *hits blunt* isn't there on your posts on the Everything Else subforum and it also doesn't show when quoting you

So someone put a couple of PHP lines somewhere specifically for that :D :D :D :D :D

HavoX said:

What, you mean we can see them, but not you?

HavoX all confused...

Yeah, someone adjusted something, I guess PHP lines like VGA said. I never, ever see the "hits blunt" thing.

Maybe it's a proto-Cyber, considering some of the reading in either Doom 3 or other sources that the Cyberdemon was a significantly altered Hell Knight.

I was also wondering if the *hits blunt* thing was him just being a signature prefix just like that one user who goes "uhhhhhh" before every post.

I would assume Ling is also responsible for *hits blunt,* although I wish the wording had been a bit different since I very rarely hit blunts, lol. Anyway, one thing I find funny is that someone on here thought the cyberdemon "gun" was actually a gun from a marine that we can't see the rest of. Interesting, but clearly wrong. And while we're talking about the boxart, I feel the version of the plasma rifle the DoomGuy is clearly using in the boxart looks a lot fucking cooler than what we got in the actual game.

GoatLord said:

I very rarely hit blunts, lol.

Well you could of had me fooled. This shit you talk about mate. Then again you're talking about how you smoke not what I guess.

He's holding a plasma rifle? I always thought it was some sort of SMG, like a precursor to the chaingun, since it a) appears to use a magazine and b) looks like the machine gun from the alpha versions of Doom

The demon in question is most likely a juvenile cyber, not yet big enough to wield a rocket launcher so it's fitted with a lighter weapon.

savagegrant said:

You forgot to hit the blunt Goatie.

AFAIK - he only does that in EE.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

He's holding a plasma rifle? I always thought it was some sort of SMG, like a precursor to the chaingun, since it a) appears to use a magazine and b) looks like the machine gun from the alpha versions of Doom

Actually I think you're right.

Now there is actually a "Mecha Baron" and a "Cyberbaron" monster in the Bestiary, wnd Strain had a sort of mini Cyberdemon.

savagegrant said:

You forgot to hit the blunt Goatie.

And the fact that Doomguy is using a Weapon that isn't in the game.

About the innacurate artwork thing - have you ever seen the artwork to the American release of the very first Mega Man game for the NES? Very common in those days.

They outsourced the box artwork to people that had no idea about the game obviously :D

Other than the fact that it is artwork, what could IT be?

The gun looks something that would shoot bullets IMO. Maybe those Barons were elite Barons?
Or a sideproject of Hell.