Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cheesebone

Arch Vile - inherently different now?

I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, but I haven't seen it here.

One of the things that made the Arch Vile such a vicious character, aside from it's speed and attack, was the fact that it would run around and resurrect your hard work - bringing back demons that you've already killed all while being a tough bastard to bring down anyway.

With this whole pinata-effect where enemies vanish and drop items for us to collect after being killed... are there even going to be any corpses for this thing to resurrect?

Maybe it will just randomly spawn enemies, but I liked the fact that it could just walk up to a pile of bloody meat and bring it back to what it was before.

You've seen enemies vanish? In the e3 gameplay, I never noticed it, notably the mancubus body never goes away even after 10+ enemies are slain afterward

There's already an enemy that summons new monsters aptly named the Summoner. Its suppose to be 'priest like' according to the Game Informer article.
Otherwise, no idea what the Arch-vile would actually do. He may end up being a full on boss that only appears once for all we know.

Cheesebone said:

I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, but I haven't seen it here.

One of the things that made the Arch Vile such a vicious character, aside from it's speed and attack, was the fact that it would run around and resurrect your hard work - bringing back demons that you've already killed all while being a tough bastard to bring down anyway.

With this whole pinata-effect where enemies vanish and drop items for us to collect after being killed... are there even going to be any corpses for this thing to resurrect?

Maybe it will just randomly spawn enemies, but I liked the fact that it could just walk up to a pile of bloody meat and bring it back to what it was before.

The enemies don't vanish when they die. There is already a monster that spawns enemies. I'm almost certain the Arch-vile is basically gonna be the same as he was in the Originals only with more attacks and more dynamic behaviour.