Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doctorno

Action Doom 3 rumours

Hi gang.

I've heard through the grapevine that Scuba Steve is working on Action Doom 3.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Good old rumors without a source. Believe in self-fulfilling prophecies! Either that, or don't care.

scifista42 said:

Good old rumors without a source. Believe in self-fulfilling prophecies! Either that, or don't care.

are you saying you aren't looking forward to action doom 3?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

You people take everything seriously here .

He's also not wrong. Stop it.

Hey, stop derailing this quality thread! This is a real project in the making.

Anyway, I'm not sure but I -think- I may have unearthed a very early work in progress of the continue screen. It looks like Scuba is going back to the roots of Action Doom 1 with a darker twist. Maybe things will change? Who knows...

DMGUYDZ64 said:

You people take everything seriously here .

Linguica only. Even Steve not SO serious.

But really, you need to stop for a moment.

CWolfRu said:

But really, you need to stop for a moment.

Other than ignorance, i don't remember doing anything in an inappropriate way .

Jaxxoon R said:

painfully annoying.

do i look like someone who cares about what may annoy you .

Pavera said:

I have also heard rumors. It's probably Fleetwood Mac's best album!

I was more a fan of Future Games myself.

If Action Doom 1 was inspired by Sidescrolling shooters , and Action Doom 2 was inspired by beat-em ups, How do you think Action Doom 3 is going to look like if it's ever out .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

If Action Doom 1 was inspired by Sidescrolling shooters , and Action Doom 2 was inspired by beat-em ups, How do you think Action Doom 3 is going to look like if it's ever out .

It's gonna be inspired by all the gritty modern first person shooters with no substance, a world where everyone is a bloodthirsty raging murderer who is by no means comprehensible.

Your name is Max Force, you are the commando in the elite squad of commandos working for the undercover american agencies which actually are not subtle.

As you go through the generic arabian country where you fight generic terrorists using generic AK-47s and you drive generic vehicles across the generic deserts, you also do generic QTEs including punching a wall to make a hole, you also suffer through scripted sequences that cannot be skipped that try hard to tell you how much the world is fucked. Of course you can skip em if you buy microtransactions!

Action Doom 3 ends on you impaling the villain using the american flag because fuck yeah america and eagles and explosions which is done using a single button press with no timeout.

Then the game reveals it's plot twist that YOU WERE the russian terrorists and the game ends on a pointless cliffhanger with 30 minutes of rolling credits. And a genuine middle finger at the end.

doctorno, before you start announcing Action Doom 3 project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc).
Keep in mind we've already heard thousands of upcoming rumors that actually never got done.

In other words, don't expect that someone come here with more rumors and people will start getting work for it.

I heard Scuba is joining the modern indie SJW bandwagon and he's working on Actionless Doom, an introspective journey into coming to terms with your inner demons.

dew said:

I heard Scuba is joining the modern indie SJW bandwagon and he's working on Actionless Doom, an introspective journey into coming to terms with your inner demons.

Finally, a game where I can check my privilege so that it may never be lost!