Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Doom crossovers

What marketing crossovers do you want to see for doom, like for example Bethesda gave forza a fallout car, halo gave killer instinct the arbiter, would you want something like that for doom? Personally I'd think it would be funny to see the revenant in killer instinct (it would be even funnier considering doom and ki share a music writer), I might also like to see uac armor in halo, maybe.

I'm planning on putting Doomguy in my Super Smash Bros. fan game. There is no timetable for the game being developed because it is of very low priority, and I am concerned about the legality.

Almonds, I don't believe the "X" in Mortal Kombat X stands for the number 10, even if it's the 10th game. I thought that was the case, but after MKXL was announced, I had second thoughts...

Bringing Doomguy into the world of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Why, cause Doomguy has immense speed, like Sonic.

Cacodemon pet in Wow? I don't play it anymore but there is a demon in that game that greatly resembles one. There is Willy, then there is the mean nastier variant. Blizzard tends to make a lot of references to other games within their own. Call the pet Khaki.

The Civ said:

I could totally see a future Mortal Kombat X update adding him in.

Who? Doomguy? I don't think that would work, too imbalanced, the BFG is one hit kill and if he didn't carry any weapons then you'd take away things that people love about his character (the weapons) and as a result he would be just a guy in body armour, I think that doesn't do the character justice and portray him as he is meant to be, I mean he would be just a silent dude in a body armour who kicks and punches, that's it, I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Maybe it would make more sense to see a revenant in MKX.

Doomguy, BJ Blazkowicz and the Ranger togheter on a slaughtering rampage against the Wolfenstein nazis, demons from Hell and the minions of Quake, now that would be badass.
The 3 ID heroes joining forces togheter and blasting the shit outta thier enemies from thier games togheter.

I'd like to see the arch-vile in mkx, that way his fatality could be him constantly ressurecting his opponent and then killing them right after, like some sick cycle of death

Doomguy rips and tears into Smash!!

I wouldn't mind a Doom Quake 2/4 crossover either.
The Strogg get an evil artifact and open a gateway to Hell and then they start stroggifying the demons that come out of it.

Darklordrobert said:

Doomguy rips and tears into Smash!!

I wouldn't mind a Doom Quake 2/4 crossover either.
The Strogg get an evil artifact and open a gateway to Hell and then they start stroggifying the demons that come out of it.

That wouldn't be nearly as interesting as a DOOM/Quake 1 crossover.
You could have the story just be that the UAC were running their teleportation experiments at the same time that the Slipgate experiments were happening, and the two teleporters collided, not only smashing together bits of the Techbases from Quake with the UAC facility, but dragging Quake's inter-dimensional beings and DOOM's demons into the fray as well.
Beginning of the game is levels that all feel corrupted, as you make your way through UAC Facilities that have been mashed together with Quake's bases, and when you descend through the slipgates/hellgates, you find that Quake's alternate dimensions, and Hell have merged together, into the ultimate, unholy fusion.
Doomguy and the Ranger would be together through the whole thing, and you could switch between the two as playable characters.
In a perfect world, the character you aren't playing as, follows you around and helps you with fights and puzzles. It might work with today's AI.

HavoX said:

I'm planning on putting Doomguy in my Super Smash Bros. fan game. There is no timetable for the game being developed because it is of very low priority, and I am concerned about the legality.

Almonds, I don't believe the "X" in Mortal Kombat X stands for the number 10, even if it's the 10th game. I thought that was the case, but after MKXL was announced, I had second thoughts...

Mortal Kombat X-2

wheresthebeef said:

Mortal Kombat X-2

Uh, pardon?

Xerge said:

Who? Doomguy? I don't think that would work, too imbalanced, the BFG is one hit kill and if he didn't carry any weapons then you'd take away things that people love about his character (the weapons) and as a result he would be just a guy in body armour, I think that doesn't do the character justice and portray him as he is meant to be, I mean he would be just a silent dude in a body armour who kicks and punches, that's it, I don't know how I'd feel about that.

That's why you make the BFG a fatality and the weapons combos.

Jaxxoon R said:

That's why you make the BFG a fatality and the weapons combos.

Too many problems that get out of character, out of place and make him seem silly: First of all the BFG doesn't fit as a finisher, specially not now that the glory kills are the finishers which have become and will become an essential part of the character's sadistic outbursts, on the other hand the porpuse of the BFG is to drain a lot health and/or accomplish a one hit kill, hence it would also be out of character that he uses it when his target has 0 HP left. It would also make him seem silly seeing him carrying his BFG on his back or something and not using it at all until his target has no HP points left, because that destroys the coherence and porpuse of the BFG completely.

It would also be out of place that he just takes his weapons out of nowhere, I don't think that concept fits in MK art direction (maybe it does in Doom but MK isn't Doom), I mean does anyone else do that? I don't think so, everyone who uses a weapon is carrying it with him the whole time, maybe you could make doomguy carry some weapons, but I think that is out of character too, because he is meant to carry many weapons, specially the BFG which simply makes him an umbalanced character.

I really think Doomguy doesn't fit in any fighting game like MK or KI, he belongs in first person shooter deathmatch games, maybe in RPG games, but that's it.

Xerge said:

Too many problems that get out of character, out of place and make him seem silly:

1. There is no character to get out of, he has zero character. He's an empty shell for the player
2. Doom is a silly game

Xerge said:

First of all the BFG doesn't fit as a finisher, specially not now that the glory kills are the finishers which have become and will become an essential part of the character's sadistic outbursts,

Oh god no keep this brutal comic shit out of here.

Xerge said:

on the other hand the porpuse of the BFG is to drain a lot health and/or accomplish a one hit kill, hence it would also be out of character that he uses it when his target has 0 HP left. It would also make him seem silly

You realize that this is the same series that has X-ray camera angles of people breaking their spine in the middle of a fight and still continuing to fight afterwards, right? Anyways, Mortal Kombat has always been about doing overkill as fuck and excessive finishing moves on downed opponents, it'd fit perfectly.

Xerge said:

It would also be out of place that he just takes his weapons out of nowhere,

This is a fucking video game, might as well complain about doomguy being able to carry nearly 10 weapons without any form of backpack.

Jaxxoon R said:

1. There is no character to get out of, he has zero character. He's an empty shell for the player
2. Doom is a silly game

1. He is a video game character and as a video game character he is meant to interact with the contents of the video game. That's what I am talking about, so the BFG as a fatality is incoherent with the design and porpuse it was designed for, so it will get out of character plus it will make Doomguy seem silly.

2. Doomguy is not Doom, you are confusing the parts with the whole. What are you gonna say now? That Doomguy is silly? But you just said he has "zero character" (I know you are talking about personality) and if you play silly in-game (like wasting BFG ammo on a dead corpse) that doesn't mean he should be meant to be as silly as you.

Jaxxoon R said:

Oh god no keep this brutal comic shit out of here.

I'm actually talking about the new Doom game.

Jaxxoon R said:

it'd fit perfectly.
This is a fucking video game, might as well complain about doomguy being able to carry nearly 10 weapons without any form of backpack.

No, it won't fit perfectly. I think it's safe to assume that you obviously have no clue about art direction and how it relates to game design or any other type of project which involves design for that matter, MK uses a different logic and different rules to give the game it's own logic, identity, appearance and personality. Sure you can add any character you want bringing his own logic and rules to the game, where he would actually be out of place as he doesn't really belong there hence making a mess within the game and that's not a good idea at all, it destroys the well crafted world with the coherence and logic they've come up with to make Mortal Kombat what it is.

1. You realize that incoherent isn't used that way, right? It's also not like it'd be bad if the BFG was used differently because:
a. no one would rightly give a fuck
b. the fact that Doomguy is in Mortal Kombat in the first place is such a departure that something like that is meaningless in comparison

2. Doomguy is silly in that he's a space marine that rips demons' heads off and gains magic powers from runes. It's a stupid concept from the get go.

Xerge said:

No, it won't fit perfectly. I think it's safe to assume that you obviously have no clue about art direction and how it relates to game design or any other type of project which involves design for that matter, MK uses a different logic and different rules to give the game it's own logic,

Uses logic to give the game its own logic... I think it's safe to say you obviously have no clue about how to speak or form a decent argument.

Xerge said:

identity, appearance and personality. Sure you can add any character you want bringing his own logic and rules to the game, where he would actually be out of place as he doesn't really belong there hence making a mess within the game and that's not a good idea at all, it destroys the well crafted world with the coherence and logic they've come up with to make Mortal Kombat what it is.

No, I think you have no idea how Mortal Kombat works, since nothing stopped Jason from pulling a machete from nowhere.

Guys, guys. You're arguing about whether a character would fit in a hypothetical crossover which is not going to happen, calm down.

wheresthebeef said:

Just a joke on what you said the X meant in Mortal Kombat X
(Instead of XI for roman numerals)

But it's funny because there is a final fantasy game called X2. Because they wanted to make a sequel to X without calling it number eleven.

AirRaid said:

But it's funny because there is a final fantasy game called X2. Because they wanted to make a sequel to X without calling it number eleven.

I tried real hard for that joke, the payoff was insurmountable.

Xerge said:

Maybe it would make more sense to see a revenant in MKX.

The BFG will be a fatality ._.

He'll use chainsaws and melee and rocket launchers.. Pretty easy to fit him in the game actually.

Jaxxoon R said:

2. Doomguy is silly in that he's a space marine that rips demons' heads off and gains magic powers from runes. It's a stupid concept from the get go.

It is not stupid to come up with a character who is meant to kill the demons who are tryng to kill him and I also don't think it's stupid to add magic in games, they are games, besides you are just making a subjective judgement that doesn't mean shit.

Jaxxoon R said:

Uses logic to give the game its own logic... I think it's safe to say you obviously have no clue about how to speak or form a decent argument.

You seem to ignore the fact that the people who came up with a game's universe are real people who've thought, planned and chose causal relations (real or invented) in order to be able to come up with the consistency and coherence of the game and it's world.

Jaxxoon R said:

You realize that incoherent isn't used that way, right?

Jaxxoon R said:

No, I think you have no idea how Mortal Kombat works, since nothing stopped Jason from pulling a machete from nowhere.

Yeah, I can now say that you obviously have no clue about game design and art direction, you don't know what coherence means or how it's used in this context, you also think that one particular move made using one particular fighting variation is enough to override the coherence and the logic of the whole game and how it is meant to be in the first place. And trust me, it would've been better if they had modified the X-Ray move in order to fit that variation better and avoid messing with the game's consistency, the less they do that the better it is and Doomguy would do it too much.

CreamCheese said:

Pretty easy to fit him in the game actually.

No, but the revenant would make a much better DLC character for a fighting game, the OP nailed it there.

And this:

BluePineapple72 said:

I'd like to see the arch-vile in mkx, that way his fatality could be him constantly ressurecting his opponent and then killing them right after, like some sick cycle of death

This is brilliant and that makes me think that they should add melee attacks for the Arch-vile in this new Doom game. Did he have melee attacks in Doom 3?