Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CreamCheese

What do you think of the soundtrack? What would you like?

I've rarely seen straight up metal work in a video game. Dark ambient has had the strongest affect on me, as far as a Doom soundtrack goes. On the PSX and N64 this was readily evident and it has a huge impact on the experience. Clearly Doom '16 wants to mix heavy and ambient music, which is very much in the vain of the original. However, while the latter sounds great, I've found the former to be underwhelming, not necessarily because it isn't "brutal" enough, but it does seem to be lacking.

I was gonna make a thread like this lol, but i hope they have Easter egg songs like they did in the new order (only not german), if they did that I would love to see some slayer songs in the game (they should also add the actual songs that were "in" the original doom games)

I will say that, minus the vocals, there are bands with killer riffs for Dooming, like Slayer, Celtic Frost, Morbid Angel, Pentagram (US), Dying Fetus, Arkhon Infaustus, Axis of Advance, Exodus, Autopsy, NunSlaughter, AngelCorpse, Suffocation, Overkill, Saint Vitus, Immolation, Gorguts, White Zombie, etc.

Rock music would play during some battles that were meant to be epic and long in Serious Sam, I can imagine that would work in Doom too, for example If there's a part in the game which starts to spawn a lot of enemies coming from everywhere around you (like in the suburbs in Doom2) and you engage in an epic and long battle I can imagine that something like these playing in the background would be amazing:

Of course it would be good that they come up with some new songs but it would still be good if they played the classic songs sometimes too.

I can imagine some tracks like these could fit, but again, only when you engage in long epic battles:

Noiser said:

No. It's not.

yes it is

actually that's one of the biggest and most well known industrial metal bands on this planet

its gotta have a bit of atmosphere to it.. cant just be straight up rock. Has to have melody and atmosphere and stuff, to convey like, wickedness and despair. Organs and Pads, reverberated guitars, pianos. Just in general has to make you feel like you are some dark yet divine warrior sent to destroy hatred itself.

I never listened to the Killing Floor 2 ost before, some of those tracks are really good.

Deatheye said:

yes it is

actually that's one of the biggest and most well known industrial metal bands on this planet

Heh. You definitely don't have a single idea of what "industrial music" means. But I will not argue with you to not go off-topic.

Deatheye said:

yes it is

It doesnt sound anything like industrial brother im not sure you understand what industrial metal sounds like

Xerge said:

I can imagine some tracks like these could fit, but again, only when you engage in long epic battles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FX-2W5trZQ

So, I've been listening to this for a while now and I've come across with a few songs that would actually fit even for the UAC bases. I was also listening to this when I saw the new revere sleeve, so I guess that made it look better.

Noiser said:

Heh. You definitely don't have a single idea of what "industrial music" means.

well neither do you I guess

Xerge said:

I never listened to the Killing Floor 2 ost before, some of those tracks are really good.

stupid fun fact time (though im kinda sure youre well aware at this point as is everyone else), mick gordon is doing the OST for doom.

Almonds said:

stupid fun fact time (though im kinda sure youre well aware at this point as is everyone else), mick gordon is doing the OST for doom.

I know and I haven't really listened to much of his work, except the music he composed for Killer Instinct, Glacius' theme was kinda cool.

I Dont know about you guys, but I'd like some songs that aren't very loud yet acceptable, Like

Xerge said:

I know and I haven't really listened to much of his work, except the music he composed for Killer Instinct, Glacius' theme was kinda cool.

heck yeah dude KI's OST is hella cool in like, every regard. he really did an exceptional job on that one, wolf's OST i dig a lot as well. this one should have been reposted to hell by now and back but dat goddamned bassline deserves it

Something that gives a Classic Doom vibe off of it. Like this could be in the original Doom kinda vibe.

I think it's pretty great so far, I'm really digging the industrial vibe it has going for it. Reminds me of Quake and Wolfenstein: The New Order a lot. Which isn't a bad thing. It's a good thing.

Though I would really love a Classic Doom sounding soundtrack.

Maybe even a full-on tribute to some songs from Classic Doom...

So long as E1M8 returns.... I'll be happy. =3

(E1M8 is my favorite Doom 1 song. It's so awesome! =D)

BluePineapple72 said:

I think Mick Gordon (the songwriter for doom 4) said e1m8 was in one of the doom GameStop videos

:D Really? :D

I'm extremely happy right now! =D

Not sure about this, but in one of the Gameinformer videos, you can barely hear a remake of D_DOOM, or at least a reminiscent part

Almonds said:

heck yeah dude KI's OST is hella cool in like, every regard. he really did an exceptional job on that one, wolf's OST i dig a lot as well. this one should have been reposted to hell by now and back but dat goddamned bassline deserves it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qgo7kDfnYc

I have the new order installed, but I haven't been able to play it without experiencing some problems, so I need to upgrade a few things first.