Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

HOLY BALLS, NEW COVERS!

The poll is open for 4 days, option 1 is a shady icon of sin with a black background and a satanic symbol on the back, option B is the Doomguy with a ssg in hell fighting for his life

The black one with the Icon of Sin(?) looks cool as fuck.

Option B, no question about it!
Even option A are far better than the previous box cover-art.
If they send a poster on option B in the collectors i will be happy! :D

I think A is too close to the IoS face and really isn't evocative of anything other than "2spooky"

THAT OPTION B THOUGH. MY GOD. Why even have a poll? It's the perfect call back to Doom 1 while still being its own thing!

sleepii said:

how's B not the actual fkn cover? what

It should be, I really don't understand what's going on at ID sometimes.

Well, option B it is for me. Old school, heavy metal and gives the potential impulse buyer a good idea of what the game is about from first glance. I like it.

I do like how in this version Doomguy seems to be winning, a nice contrast to the original. Can't be an exact copy.

The other option isn't bad looking, I just think minimalist covers are more Quake's thing.

Also, you should add an unofficial poll to this thread.

@Linguica

Do you think you could post a link to the Twitter vote in the news section? I think this is important.

Johnatone said:

Also, you should add an unofficial poll to this thread.

I would love to! I just don't know how... (im pretty baron in my knowledge when it comes to posting things.. Also I'm on mobile currently)

BluePineapple72 said:

I would love to! I just don't know how... (im pretty baron in my knowledge when it comes to posting things.. Also I'm on mobile currently)

No biggie, I'm on mobile all the time myself. And normally you can check a box for one when you create a new thread and after you submit the post it give you the form to make out the poll. However, the poll option is disable for this sub-forum, so your best bet is to PM one of the moderators.

Also, thanks for the news find. I gave up Twitter and Facebook almost a year ago so I don't see news from them unless I deliberately look for it.

Johnatone said:

No biggie, I'm on mobile all the time myself. And normally you can check a box for one when you create a new thread and after you submit the post it give you the form to make out the poll. However, the poll option is disable for this sub-forum, so your best bet is to PM one of the moderators.

Also, thanks for the news find. I gave up Twitter and Facebook almost a year ago so I don't see news from them unless I deliberately look for it.

Hey thanks for the help! And you're welcome! (I only check Twitter for any updates on doom :P)

And neither of these are the main cover art, why...?

I'm pretty sure that not only would the combination of searing red and pure white jump out and maul people on store shelves, but that everyone ever would see the spaceman suplexing a xenomorph satan and think to themselves "FUCK YES."

By the beard of Zeus option B is fucking metal, that is without a doubt one of the coolest video game sleeves I have ever seen in my 23 years of living, and I would be fucking proud to own this game.

A looks sick! Reminds me of Quake 1 cover. Simple and to the point. B is pretty awesome but it's too childish for me. .too bad (for me) B is going to win. Oh well. .still 25600 better than a Marine with a shotgun

DAYUMMM!!! This is awesome news! I'm actually torn between the 2 of them. I love both! I'm going out on a limb and guessing that the IoS may be seeing a return???

Also, I'm gonna have to grab a physical copy now. I bought both PC and Xbox verions digitally to ensure playing it RIGHT at 12 on the dot :D

Johnatone said:

I just think minimalist covers are more Quake's thing.

That would be a clever way to draw the line between Doom and Quake, among other ways that are neccesary.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

<3 love this one

Nice and big thank you. This is now officially my new desktop wallpaper. Also you can now clearly see a new demon, he's on the left side just on top of the Barons head. He looks neat.

Wait, wait, wait...these are reverse sleeve covers? Meaning we buy the game then manually flip it ourselves? This isn't the cover consumers will see in stores that helps generate curiosity? What the fuck Id/Bethesda, are you retarded? Just make both sides of the sleeve A and B, ship them 50/50 each side and let the consumer decide. Don't go with the damn generic lone action hero! Ugh. Still, glad we get something better. Although I'm getting the CE with the metal case so hopefully it's either the poll winner cover or revenant version and not the damn generic BS. Meh. Still glad they're at least listening to the fanbase at all.
Disregard. I just realized if this was the main cover it'd get fucked up with bullshit on the back of the case.

MrInternational said:

Nice and big thank you. This is now officially my new desktop wallpaper. Also you can now clearly see a new demon, he's on the left side just on top of the Barons head. He looks neat.

I suppose it's the Zombie with the lazer gun (which was shown in the E3 2015 gameplay) .