Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

HOLY BALLS, NEW COVERS!

sleepii said:

i just can't fucking believe they sat on that piece of art, yet never even thought about making it the actual cover art for the game? certainly they must have voted to choose one and some retards chose halo 5 guardians version.

literally the fuck are you on about

I vote for Option B. Option B is a beautiful tribute to the original Doom box art and I think I cried manly tears a little. Is that OK? =3

Ahaha, they got too many halo complaints I see..

Atleast those two choices look alot less generic. Kudos for that.

edit: just read it's not replacing the shown cover. fail it is then..

Ahh I really hope they put the reversal artwork inside the collector's Edition steelbook as well. Of course you wont be able to physically swap the cover, but will be nice to see it inside when you open the case.

quakke said:

Ahaha, they got too many halo complaints I see..

Atleast those two choices look alot less generic. Kudos for that.

edit: just read it's not replacing the shown cover. fail it is then..

you're a fucking ray of sunshine arent you

I'm gonna be the black sheep here and say I prefer Option A, just because it has less visual pollution. Not that I dislike Option B, it's a nice tribute...

Graphic_Delusions said:

Ahh I really hope they put the reversal artwork inside the collector's Edition steelbook as well. Of course you wont be able to physically swap the cover, but will be nice to see it inside when you open the case.

This is something I'm curious about too. I would really hate to get the generic cover as a steelbook. Personally I think the steelbook should be option B since they aren't marred up with promotional crap on the back. Honestly they need to scrap the Marine cover and go back to the revenant if they're going to stay generic. Even the cyberdemon everyone doesn't like aesthetically still makes a better cover than generic Marine.

Damn...if option B is selected then maybe I shouldn't have gotten the Collectors Edition since it comes with the metal Revenant case instead. To me having a cover that so closely resembles the original is more important than the Revenant.

AirRaid said:

These are not replacements for the Doom Marine cover. These are designs for inside the sleeve, on the reverse.

Ah, I see - Im still really glad the physical copies will be inclusive of some great artwork, regardless!

Wow!! So You have to have twitter to vote?? :( Let's just collectively agree that option B is the best yet!

FLAW_88 said:

Damn...if option B is selected then maybe I shouldn't have gotten the Collectors Edition since it comes with the metal Revenant case instead. To me having a cover that so closely resembles the original is more important than the Revenant.

I feel like the metal tin will be just a tin box with the actual game in the regular package inside of it with the extras

Xerge said:

Maybe, I wonder what kind of games the new guys working at ID like and play.

They all say that they played through the classic Doom games to get a feel for the new Doom and what they wanted to make it feel like... but I have doubts sometimes.

I mean if I worked at id.... I may or may not be caught playing Doom, Doom II, Heretic, Quake, Wolfenstein, Hexen, Half-Life 1 (I think it's better than 2 IMHO.), Diablo, Diablo II, Doom III, Doom 64, stuff like that.

Oh and a shout-out to this mod right here!

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50744

It really feels like Doom 2016 no joke. I really love it so much! =D

Sorry for fanboying over the mod and Doom 2016.... =P

cookie monster said:

Why don't they just use option B as the main cover and option A as the reverse..?????

Option B looks **** awesome!

First post btw.

Indeed! Welcome to Doomworld! =D

Prefer option A, because B is too close to the original's design.

Wow, wait a minute, does this confirm the appearance of Baphomet(Icon of sin)?
It is not copied straight from the image, and it looks kind of upgraded:

Its also in the screenshot with the cyberdemon in that cave/den of sorts and there is like a mancubus behind the cyberdemon, maybe a few imps.

CreamCheese said:

Soesnt anyone see the new monster here comd on.. a little to the left in pic b

Is it the one near doom guys leg? If so I think that might be an arch vile, maybe. I'd love to post a picture of it but... well I don't know how..