Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

HOLY BALLS, NEW COVERS!

Piper Maru said:

On May 13, Fight Like Hell(tm).

On May 13, Fight Argue Over-explain the joke Like Hell(tm).

Saw this on a Tshirt site today, I feel like it's a really good reimagining of the original, and I will be re-binding my copy of Doom'16 with this version.

Spoiler

Almonds said:

you could have just posted the damn thing and not have said anything at all instead of going all out like 'YEAH YEAH I KNOW ITS THAT ONE MOD EVERYONE HATES BUT GUYS HERE'S A REMINDER YOU DON'T NEED TO SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT BRUTAL DOOM BECAUSE I LIKE IT AND ITS MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHARE IT SO GROW UP AND STOP HATING ON IT BECAUSE I PLAY OTHER THINGS TOO BUT I'M NOT DEFENDING IT EITHER OKAY'.

you're basically just yelling at your neighbor's empty dog house telling it not to come out because you're about to walk your dog.

XD Yeah I was sort of trying to say that I don't understand the hate or the fanboys. I really don't understand either side and I find both of them silly. =P

The Civ said:

Doom 2016 General: Your Resource for High Quality Doom 2016 Discussion Arguments

I'm deeply considering creating a thread for people to rant and argue for eternity without leaking into other threads, but I feel that I have too many threads already. But if it's cool with the mods....

BluePineapple72 said:

I'm deeply considering creating a thread for people to rant and argue for eternity without leaking into other threads, but I feel that I have too many threads already. But if it's cool with the mods....

There really is no point simply because arguing/bickering/ranting exists in nearly every thread for Doom 2016. It can't be contained. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever.

Piper Maru said:

There really is no point simply because arguing/bickering/ranting exists in nearly every thread for Doom 2016. It can't be contained. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever.

I might make the thread so people can, come with me if they want to rant

Piper Maru said:

It can't be contained. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever.

Lol I see what you did there. Nice Terminator reference. That is a damn good movie, too.

AirRaid said:

Saw this on a Tshirt site today, I feel like it's a really good reimagining of the original, and I will be re-binding my copy of Doom'16 with this version.

Dude, that is pure gold!

Piper Maru said:

super-offtopic:

Spoiler

only bringing this up because that Terminator line is in here, heh

Let's face it, we're not all going to get 100% of everything that we'd necessarily want from the new Doom, especially considering that no two people want the exact same things.

AD_79 said:

super-offtopic:

Spoiler

only bringing this up because that Terminator line is in here, heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQt4ckq-dg

Let's face it, we're not all going to get 100% of everything that we'd necessarily want from the new Doom, especially considering that no two people want the exact same things.

A man after my own heart! One thing I will say on the topic of what people want/don't want for Doom 2016, On May 13, I'm heading to the nearest bunker.

Almonds said:

you could have just posted the damn thing and not have said anything at all instead of going all out like 'YEAH YEAH I KNOW ITS THAT ONE MOD EVERYONE HATES BUT GUYS HERE'S A REMINDER YOU DON'T NEED TO SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT BRUTAL DOOM BECAUSE I LIKE IT AND ITS MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHARE IT SO GROW UP AND STOP HATING ON IT BECAUSE I PLAY OTHER THINGS TOO BUT I'M NOT DEFENDING IT EITHER OKAY'.

you're basically just yelling at your neighbor's empty dog house telling it not to come out because you're about to walk your dog.

He was trying to make sure no one would respond all shitty like because he dared mention Brutal Doom.. you ended up confirming his fears. You didn't need to post that response.

So why don't they use cover B as the official cover for the game? The majority of fans (and probably the majority of id Software) likes it best. Is it because the order for producing the covers is already out at this point? Or because the Bethesda lead people say "no, today an A grade FPS cover has to look like this: badass main character looming in front of desolate background."

Tetzlaff said:

because the Bethesda lead people say "no, today an A grade FPS cover has to look like this: badass main character looming in front of desolate background."

Tetzlaff said:

So why don't they use cover B as the official cover for the game? The majority of fans (and probably the majority of id Software) likes it best. Is it because the order for producing the covers is already out at this point? Or because the Bethesda lead people say "no, today an A grade FPS cover has to look like this: badass main character looming in front of desolate background."

I wish I could post the picture that would make you feel stupid but i'm also stupid and don't know how to post pictures but I want you to get any video game box you have.. look at the main cover as well as the back and tell me what you see:

Do you see a fuck load of writing, like a description of the game, its rating, reviews, and a big Windows/XONE/PS4 logo scrawled all over it..

Yeah that is why.

cant get the image to work (You're welcome - AirRaid) but this is basically for all the peeps saying "B SHOULD BE DDAAA MAIN COVAH!" including Kotaku who are retarded.

Okay, most of the artwork on the back cover would be obscured by text, but still the front cover would look great, similar to that pic Almonds made.

Comrade CreamCheese, add an h to ttp.

B SHOULD BEEE DA MAIIIN COVERRR!!!1$!@!!

Seriously though, it should. It may not match modern aesthetics but it's definitely not terrible. It would totally pay homage to the classic Dooms and be VERY catchy on the shelves.

CreamCheese said:

http://i.imgur.com/OnbYuBw.jpg

cant get the image to work (You're welcome - AirRaid) but this is basically for all the peeps saying "B SHOULD BE DDAAA MAIN COVAH!" including Kotaku who are retarded.

Fixed your hilariously broken image. And to be honest, yeah you lose the back half but eh at least it's something. It still looks pretty badass.

Tetzlaff said:

Okay, most of the artwork on the back cover would be obscured by text, but still the front cover would look great, similar to that pic Almonds made.

Comrade CreamCheese, add an h to ttp.

Thanks to AirRaid for fixing it :) But err I think its smart to sell it with a rather Generic Cover because it will attract all the Cod Kiddies who are obsessed with TactiCool looking characters, and they don't have to compromise on the Reverse.

I can see it now at EB games, cover B will be displayed on the racks with "Reversible Cover included" or what have you, people will be enthralled by that image, "Is it an RPG? Demons? This guy is a badass", they'll see the cover and get the idea that its a Futuristic FPS but with a demonic twist. I think they want to make a point that its got its own flair but is still a modern futuristic shooter with crazy movement and such.

I think I agree with CreamCheese on this one, not just because that way you can see a big badass piece of artwork but also because putting that inside gives you neat a feeling that you are unleashing Hell when you open the box, nevertheless I still think the cover depicting Doomguy just standing there is boring as fuck, they could make something similar adding something better than that orange background, at least something that hints the game is about demons, hell or mars.