Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Potatoguy

The demons and their attacks

From what I've seen throughout all the videos and trailers of Doom so far, most enemies have at least 3 different attacks they do onto the Marine. I've decided to put a list of each i've seen/remember here, and the enemies we've seen in each. All info displayed may be inaccurate as fuck, and may need some edits.

SO LETS GET TO IT.
-Weaponless Zombie: Slow, fragile, and lobotomized. Seems to only have one arms swing for an attack. Mostly used for cannon fodder.
-Laser Rifle Zombie: Bit quicker and more beefy-looking, but still a cakewalk to kill. Shoots his arm-laser rifle in short bursts. Can also arm swing. A tougher cannon fodder.
-Laserbeam Zombie: Seems stationary (unconfirmed) but fires a red beam in a left-right motion. May also arm swing. Takes time to charge before doing so. Strongest cannon fodder so far. Has hell variant.
-Shield Zombie: More cannon fodder, but has a shield. Can fire with other hand weapon laser shots. Shield can be green or blue.
-Welder Zombie: A cannon fodder as useless as the weaponless zombie, but can explode when shot. Mainly used as a portable explosive barrel. Doesn't blow up when killed by chainsaw.
?(Laser rifle, laser beam, and shield zombie may all be the same enemy, but unconfirmed.)
-Imp: The first actual threat, able to lunge and throw fireballs straight or overhead in an arc. Can also charge fireball for a stronger attack (unconfirmed). Moves rather quick and can climb. Still a minimal problem, but can actually harm you.
-Revenant: A tough demon, able to fly with his jetpack, and launch a barrage of shots onto the Marine, but not before giving off a laser sight. May have chaser rockets (unconfirmed). Can also attack in close quarters.
[PLAYABLE DEMON IN MULTIPLAYER]
-Gorenest/Hell Gates(unconfirmed): An immobile, inoffensive enemy, but are able to summon enemies until it is killed.
-Hellknight: Based off Doom3's design, they seem to be the brawler type; they try to come on to you real fast, and perform many physical attacks, such as a head thrust and arm swings. Can also perform a lunge attack. May also throw fireball (unconfirmed)
*Pinata Zombie: DOESN'T EXIST. Confused for hell varient of Laserbeam Zombie.
-Mancubus: Fatass. Moves slowly, but shoots two fireballs, and blows flamethrowers when up close. Can also do a fire wave-type of attack by slamming his weapons down.
[PLAYABLE DEMON IN MULTIPLAYER]
-Spectre: Invisible Pinkies. Come fast to chomp on you. Take a good amount of ammo to kill.
-Cacodemon: The iconic ball of hurt, this floating demon can throw charged shots and bite like a bear trap.
-Demon/Pinky: It's THERE, but all we see of it is his dental hygiene. May run fast and bite hard like the old Doom version (unconfirmed).
-Lost Soul: It's THERE, but all we see is how it floats. May do a charge dash towards you like the old Doom version (unconfirmed).
-Baron: Pain in the ass. Able to do a lunge attack and throw a green fireball. Very tough to kill unless you have a chainsaw (unconfirmed). [PLAYABLE IN MULTIPLAYER]
Prowler: An imp-looking demon shown in the Multiplayer trailer. Seems to have a dash attack. May be multiplayer only-demon (unconfirmed)
AND
-Cyberdemon: Big, a bit fat, looking like a reindeer, but still deadly. Shoots a rocket. That's it for now (unconfirmed).

Now there ARE other demons I know thanks to the leak fiasco that occurred, so i put them here in the spoiler, for it may be spoiler-ish. However, since this was found in strings, information may be inaccurate as all hell, or not even real.
LEAKED ENEMIES

Spoiler

ARCH-VILE: Old bastard that may resurrect demons like the old Doom version. (unconfirmed)
SUMMONER?: Different enemy from Arch-vile that summons demons (unconfirmed).
SPIDERMASTERMIND: THAT FUCK. The four legged brain of agony! May shoot a massive gatling gun like the old Doom version. (unconfirmed)

I'm liking how diverse these guys are! The more creative their attacks, the more fun it'll be to fight them!
Now there IS other information i know thanks to the leak fiasco that occurred, but i won't put that info here, for it may be innaccurate/too vauge/spoiler-ish. I'm just putting the enemies/attacks seen in the trailers. I'll perform edits whenever deemed necessary.

In the campaign trailer you can see a cacodemon attacking an imp and apparently it's torn to pieces by his attack, it also seems another imp who is standing nearby is affected by the blast.

laser rifle and laserbeam zombies aren't two different enemies

''pinata zombie'' is a zombified hell variant of them

seriously how the fuck are people not getting this

i've seen people on here and some other places who thought the hell soldiers were archviles, shake my fucking head to be quite frank with you family.

The laser beam/shield zombies are the same monster. They are the new Former Humans and can carry pretty much any weapon in the doom arsenal. They are called the Hell Soldier.*

The "Pinata" zombie is actually the unnamed trooper. It only glows because it is time for a Glory Kill. Whether is it different than the Hell Soldier remains to be seen. Its movement and body language suggests that it is indeed a different monster.*

*Based on my analysis off the video's we have seen

I am still amazed at how faithful the designs of the pinky and baron are to the original. I am almost tempted to call them "too faithful" because they look kinda cartoony.

You forgot the Engineer zombie with the explosive canister on his chest, or back IDK

Looks like the laser rifle/laserbeam/shield zombie may be all the same enemies. However, i can't be certified, since none of each does an attack of the other two anytime they have the chance to. Laserbeam always lasers, and laser rifle always spews lasershots. Shield Zombie may have the same problem.
But that doesn't stop the idea of them being the same enemy, since they look nearly identical to each other.

About the cannister zombie. I don't remember one in the trailers. Maybe that zombie that was on fire, but not much else.

Also pinata zombie isn't a thing. It's just a zombie with the hell variant. It just unusually dropped more crap when getting rocketed to the face.

So NEW INFORMATION
-Laser/laser rifle zombie can swing their weapon to do physical damage.
-Zombies have hell variant
-Imp can toss their fireballs in an arc over obstacles.
-SPECTRE AND LOST SOULS EXIST. forgot to add them in.

There you go, looks like the official name is "zombie welder" (Obviously the source of this is the artbook). Also one of the Gameinformer guys who played the campaign mentioned he triggered a multiple barrel explosion by shooting one of them.

Winged_Warrior said:

There you go, looks like the official name is "zombie welder" (Obviously the source of this is the artbook). Also one of the Gameinformer guys who played the campaign mentioned he triggered a multiple barrel explosion by shooting one of them.

Woah, that's new! Can you post a link to this? This seems like something i'll see in House of the Dead, but I'll add it to the list anyway.

Also adding the Gorenest. It's an enemy mentioned in the Gameinformer article. It's this thing in the center.

Seems to be a summoner-type of enemy, although unconfirmed.

Here are some confirmations..

Baron of Hell throwing a fireball (from the campaign trailer @ 00:41 - Link)

Slow motion video:

Cacodemon throwing a fireball (from the campaign trailer @ 00:28 - Link)

Slow motion video:

a better view of the Zombie Welder being sawed off (from Clueless Gamer Super Bowl Edition @ 2:07 - Link)

MiNaM said:

vidoes

Holy shit, I wasn't aware of how detailed the animations and the gore was until I saw that stuff in slow motion. The attention to detail is insane!

Winged_Warrior said:

between the new reversible cover b and this suggests theyve got a good concept of hell.

Winged_Warrior said:

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/430x/2016/02/Doom_Artwork_Zombie_Welder-pc-games.jpg

Name confirmed

Potatoguy said:

Woah, that's new! Can you post a link to this? This seems like something i'll see in House of the Dead, but I'll add it to the list anyway.

Also adding the Gorenest. It's an enemy mentioned in the Gameinformer article. It's this thing in the center.http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Doom-screens-6.jpg

Seems to be a summoner-type of enemy, although unconfirmed.

Those are "Hell Gates"

CreamCheese said:

UAC mancubus? Cool shit, did we see that in any footage im 90% sure we only seen the hell dudes

The UAC mancubus can be seen but barely in the Snapmap vid back in the E3 trailer. There's a concept art of it too somewhere, i think in the Gameinformer magazine.

Making edits now.

The UAC mancubus concepts are literally in the PCGames.de article he was talking about. :P

Cant believe you didnt include the Summoner, that unholy-priest like enemy mentioned in Gameinformer articles. It seems hes not a replacement for the Archvile.

Winged_Warrior said:

Cant believe you didnt include the Summoner, that unholy-priest like enemy mentioned in Gameinformer articles. It seems hes not a replacement for the Archvile.

Good, I don't want the archie replaced!