Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

North Korea Readying Nuclear Missiles

Same old pointless saber rattling they've been doing for years. Nothing new here.

Kontra Kommando said:

The Pentagon and world leaders are currently planning on how to respond to this.

Let me guess, they're waiting for a tragedy that will kill millions of people in the west before they retaliate? That is, assuming NK really does have their nukes and are not just bluffing in order to fear monger.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

That is, assuming NK really does have their nukes and are not just bluffing in order to fear monger.

The dprk has had nuclear weaponry for some time and they have recently had a successful orbital launch of a satellite. They have everything they need to be a legitimate nuclear threat, save one thing, miniaturization. Though they claim to have it, most doubt it.

But even supposing they did, it's not a game changer in the way they think it is, or at least in they way they want you to think it is. When people fret about nuclear armageddon they tend to think of it in the way of the united states vs the ussr where both sides had and to this day have massive arsenals of icbms which could devastate the entire planet. The dprk does not have any capability beyond an initial strike (towards south korea or japan), and should such a thing happen even China would not back them. It would be the end of juche, period, and they know this. They will never be the direct aggressors in such an engagement.

I'm skeptical that the DPRK even has the ability to launch a nuclear strike on the ROK. While they do have the ability to build and test nuclear bombs, there's no indication that they are able to build a bomb that is small and light enough to be carried by a bomber or attached to a missile. Their nuclear technology doesn't seem much more advanced than the Manhattan Project tests. Their claim of a hydrogen bomb is almost definitely false.

Tosi said:

While they do have the ability to build and test nuclear bombs, there's no indication that they are able to build a bomb that is small and light enough to be carried by a bomber or attached to a missile. Their nuclear technology doesn't seem much more advanced than the Manhattan Project tests.

I tend to agree with this, but I'm still not completely sure. Yeah, obviously they don't have the nuclear power to really impose anything on anyone, but the hard part of making a nuclear bomb is obtaining the uranium/plutonium/etc. The rest is relatively easy.

I wonder if he would be stupid enough and even dumber than his father if he tries anything serious.

CWolfRu said:

Those guys again...

I think all of those channels and news sources are bullshit, and bought out by special interests. But One America News (OAN) seems neutral in the way it reports it's news.

NiTROACTiVE said:

Well... shit. I hope someone will stop North Korea if they plan to start a nuclear war.

Probably China (via diplomatic means or whatever). I don't think they will tolerate a "bully" neighbor attacking US/Japan interests.

I remember back in August, when the situation with the loudspeakers escalated out of control, there was a flurry of encrypted radio traffic on the US Air Force High Frequency Global Communications bands. Right now, I just hear noise on their main channels (8992 kHz and 11175 kHz), so Kim may be full of shit and the military knows it.

Glaice said:

I wonder if he would be stupid enough and even dumber than his father if he tries anything serious.

Are we even certain it's Kim at this point? I was under the impression that he's just some sort of puppet for his "underlings" to prance about and make big threats for fun. I feel like Kim has almost no direct control.