Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Superluigieth1

Ghostbusters New Movie Trailer

I don't know if it was done elsewhere, but the car was the only thing I liked in this trailer. In fact, the art direction in general seemed to be fairly okay. But that was about it.

The trailer is bad and unfunny. This film is a disgrace to the Ghostbusters name. This is like a crappy Jimmy Kemmel parody of Ghostbusters. The original cult classic is a very 80s film, this new one in present day trying to be all oldschool just doesn't work. They should have made a sequel with at least some of the original cast present to pass the torch and/or have one last adventure.

Scuba Steve said:

Awful. I am officially cancelling Ghostbusters Doom. You heard it here first, folks.

can't you just get that gargoyle guy to add badly digitised tits to all your sprites? Seems a shame to waste all that hard work.

So it's a pandering slapstick movie that throws together some current names in comedy and uses supernatural gobbledygook as a device to deliver low-hanging tropes... just like the original.

Whoops, I seem to have lost my rose-colored glasses.

Scuba Steve said:

Just like the original except for the whole subtlety and clever dialog thing.

What was your favorite subtle scene? The part where Murray (playing a womanizer, who makes every comment vaguely sexual, WHAT A STRETCH FOR HIM) electrocutes a guy to get with a girl? What about the little nerdy neighbor who is nerdy which is funny so let's laugh at him? Or the black guy who acts like how Hollywood thinks black guys act? What about the 500 foot tall marshmallow man? Maybe the ghost blowjob scene?

Don't get me wrong, I found Ghostbusters to be highly entertaining... when my age was single digits. Let's not get carried away.

I think we all know the real questions Bucket wants to ask: whether or not you agree that ghosts cause ghostbusting.

Jaxxoon R said:

I think we all know the real questions Bucket wants to ask: whether or not you agree that ghosts cause ghostbusting.

I completely fail to see what's wrong with this trailer.

Is it the fact that they put women in it? Because we've know that the crew would be women for ages now, so it's odd that these reactions are coming up now.

Reactions are coming up now because people are now seeing the trailer, and hence have something to react to.

My biggest problem is this has no reason to exist. And none of these people are funny. At all. Harold Ramis is spinning in his grave.

Yeah, it really does sound like it's just sexism that nobody wants to admit.

Although at least it's not unambiguously sexism. Could also just be rose-tinted lenses fused directly with the skull.

Jaxxoon R said:

Yeah no, try harder if you want to start a shitstorm.

Nah, as much as I know that what I'm saying could cause a shitstorm, I'm being genuinely blunt because unless I'm just missing the joke and everyone's overreacting as some sort of reference, there's really not a lot else I can see this as.

I mean there's also the infantile "NO!!!!!! I DON'T LIKE THIS THIS DOESN'T DESERVE TO EXIST EVER BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THIS" but that's hardly any more pleasant to be around.

Arctangent said:

I mean there's also the infantile "NO!!!!!! I DON'T LIKE THIS THIS DOESN'T DESERVE TO EXIST EVER BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THIS" but that's hardly any more pleasant to be around.

Oh good, another crusading dumbass who misses the point entirely. This movie further illustrates the fact that hollywood is completely out of ideas, and can only rehash shit from 30 years ago now because those people are spending their own money. That was my point. The only one who has said anything about women was..you. Ok there chuckles? You got it now?

Use3D said:

Oh good, another crusading dumbass who misses the point entirely. This movie further illustrates the fact that hollywood is completely out of ideas, and can only rehash shit from 30 years ago now because those people are spending their own money. That was my point. The only one who has said anything about women was..you. Ok there chuckles? You got it now?

This is one self-centered post, man. Guilty conscience?

Edit: Belatedly, I should clarify, I'm calling out the internet in general. Though I do find the tone of some of these posts exceedingly negative, my frustration's not directly aimed at anyone in the thread. Sorry for being kind of vague with this.

I could see the internet in general being asshats over literally anything because there are people on there. But whether or not a sexist exists somewhere, this tired, going-nowhere subject just isn't worth the trouble of bringing up.

Arctangent said:

Yeah, it really does sound like it's just sexism that nobody wants to admit.

Pretty much, since all other "complaints" are either of the subjective & generic variety ("unfunny!", "Cheap looking", without even bothering to explain claims like that), or of the sort that can be easily applied to original movie.

I can imagine that, if the leads were all dudes, internet would be all over this movie with "so much nostalgia" type comments.

Yes, it's definitely only sexism that leads people to dislike this movie so far, because all people that do so are men because clearly women can't have opinions.

Just to beat a stack of horse bones, let's continue to not actually talk about the movie but also talk about gamergate while we're at it gamergate gamergate gamergate anita sarkesian blah blah bleurgh isn't this great buzzwords sexism black lives trump leftist progressive communism witch

The movie didn't need to be made. If it had the original cast, which is impossible now, it might be a fun romp through nostalgialand. As it is, it appears to be a cash grab. The movie doesn't need a reboot, the plot was thread-bare so there's nothing to expand upon. It should be left alone, it was perfect for its time and place. Even if it was re-done with an all male cast it would be horrible. Look at the new TMNT movie for an example, it was fun the first time around, and the second, but it should've been left at that.

To me, the Ghostbusters game from 2009 is all the expansion I need on the story. Despite it's flaws, it was a really damn good Ghostbusters game.

Someone should now make a Tomb Raider reboot and replace Lara Croft with a male character, so that if males and females don't like it they can be called sexists.

Arctangent said:

calls Use self-centered, somehow blames the internet for making him call Use self-centered.

fuck off back to tumblr with that shit. And find a better cross to nail yourself to, because martyring yourself for a fucking Ghostbusters movie is frankly embarrassing.

Problem is that it is you guys, not him, that latched to that idea. I think that your loud reactions to a mere mention that dislike (or part of dislike) for this trailer might be related to movie'a female cast (and the way certain portion of the internet reacted to similar things in the past) is quite telling.

Also, see this:

Jaxxoon R said:

Yes, it's definitely only sexism that leads people to dislike this movie so far, because all people that do so are men because clearly women can't have opinions.

Just to beat a stack of horse bones, let's continue to not actually talk about the movie but also talk about gamergate while we're at it gamergate gamergate gamergate anita sarkesian blah blah bleurgh isn't this great buzzwords sexism black lives trump leftist progressive communism witch

What is a point of a comment like that one?