Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

The "old doom friends who disappeared" thread

11 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

^ Anima Zero: This post still holds , though he now takes parts in the ironman challenges over here every month.

joe-ilya is still around in the multiplayer community, as for BaronOfStuff... well.

Lol,i like it how the car just breaks apart from spinning XD

BaronofStuff is doing well, been chatting with him lately. I do not know when he plans on coming back though.

DoomShadow/MoonStalkeR, PUN1SH3R, Vector, Aabra from old A3

Wario, Kongming, TheCitrusKiwi from EL
Cyber, Cimmerian, Gosimer, NzY, Metalhead from PRO
Roman6a and RO_Kitty from AV
Fluffles, SwordGrunt, Spider, Joseph_Hicks from the overall Zandro community
Shakal, Sabertooth, Collision from old R

Mantis-X, Nosturi, Reckless, LordBritish, MassVC, Killforce, Roscoe, ThatsJustPrime, Gyrossman, mikehail, Goatface from IDL

There was this guy with an avatar of a Tyranitar (NuclearWarrior or something), he was posting every single day in the DWMC threads, and then from one day to the other he disappeared. Not that we were friends or anything, just seemed strange to me because he was quite active. 

What happened to Trace? Was he banned? I found his threads amusing. Always imagining a security guard with a beer on hand talking nonsense.

5 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

There was this guy with an avatar of a Tyranitar (NuclearWarrior or something), he was posting every single day in the DWMC threads, and then from one day to the other he disappeared. Not that we were friends or anything, just seemed strange to me because he was quite active. 

NecrumWarrior? If you mean him, I saw his account on Joy of Mapping discord server. Sadly, I've never had guts to ask him why he decided to leave forum and Doom behind.

3 hours ago, Chezza said:

What happened to Trace? Was he banned? I found his threads amusing. Always imagining a security guard with a beer on hand talking nonsense.

Tracer was banned(but you can find him on other doom related fourms...)

21 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Tracer was banned(but you can find him on other doom related fourms...)

Oh wow I know he always manages to anger a few people but never thought he was breaking rules or being offensive.

1 minute ago, Chezza said:

Oh wow I know he always manages to anger a few people but never thought he was breaking rules or being offensive.

Welp,i always had mixed feelings about the way he posts...

13 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

NecrumWarrior? If you mean him, I saw his account on Joy of Mapping discord server. Sadly, I've never had guts to ask him why he decided to leave forum and Doom behind.

Ok, that could mean he is alive. Honestly when super active users in whatever forum/page suddenly disappear forever, it leaves me wondering if they moved on, lost their internet, or passed away. 

I wonder what Pottus has been up to; of the few maps I've seen from him I remember they were really well-built and lots of fun to run around in.

Also, Processingcontrol is another I wish would come back.

Edited by valkiriforce

I'd love to see the old Compet-N Gods come back and record runs on modern megawads, specifically UV-Maxes on top tier slaughterwads, just to witness how their playstyle from the past would adapt to modern mapping styles.

-Adam Heygi

-Adam Williamson

-Anders Johnsen

-Radek

-Ryback

-stx-vile (His eaxt MAP02 UV-Max stood out for me :D )

-Xit Vono (I'd consider the most accomplished as he's proven his playing ability across nearly every category of speedrunning.)

As for people who have vanished:

-Angus (The German speedrunner who inspired me to do UV-Fast runs! Loved his ballsy -Fasts for Hell Revealed II, Kama Sutra and Scythe. The last post I saw is when he came back and praised MAP30 of Scythe II when it was released and submitted the first UV-Max of the map.)

-Belial (Russian speedrunner, I consider him a meme as he submitted exactly 100 demos to DSDA then vanished lolwut :D )

-Kimo X Virus (Egyptian speedrunner, very smooth UV-Speeder and a capable UV-Maxer, last I heard he was focusing on his studies then did some Wolf3D runs but that was years ago, it looks like he closed his Youtube channel :\ )

-Qaatar (American speedrunner, A good UV-Maxer of difficult maps, I heard he was studying to be a lawyer but suddenly vanished without a trace.)

4 hours ago, Bloodite Krypto said:

-Qaatar (American speedrunner, A good UV-Maxer of difficult maps, I heard he was studying to be a lawyer but suddenly vanished without a trace.)

I figure someone with this name would be, well... Qatari? lol

Doesn't stx-vile go by @Vile? Saw a recent post.

Miss BaronofStuff a lot. One of the few posters that got me into Doomworld. Also Tarsman hasn't posted in a while.

14 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Miss BaronofStuff a lot. One of the few posters that got me into Doomworld. Also Tarsman hasn't posted in a while.

IIRC,Tarnsman is running a company or something(heard it in a twitch chat),so yea,understandable that there are no new post from him.

Also,what happened to @Voros?

Edited by Catpho

On 2/21/2018 at 7:30 PM, Zakken said:

DoomShadow/MoonStalkeR, PUN1SH3R, Vector, Aabra from old A3

Wario, Kongming, TheCitrusKiwi from EL
Cyber, Cimmerian, Gosimer, NzY, Metalhead from PRO
Roman6a and RO_Kitty from AV
Fluffles, SwordGrunt, Spider, Joseph_Hicks from the overall Zandro community
Shakal, Sabertooth, Collision from old R

Mantis-X, Nosturi, Reckless, LordBritish, MassVC, Killforce, Roscoe, ThatsJustPrime, Gyrossman, mikehail, Goatface from IDL

DoomShadow still frequents the MXU irc channel on esper.net

Roman6a is behind bars for CP isn't he?

Fluffles actually showed up 2 weeks ago for QC:DE! Had a chat with him, seems to be in good health

LordBritish EDIT: conflicting reports on whereabouts

I've seen gyrossman in some duel servers on zdaemon not long ago (playing Looper)

RO_kitty, hmm I want to say I've seen this name on zd

Joseph_Hicks can be reached on Steam, according to Eric not that long ago

I want to say I saw Spider recently, you could probably summon SwordGrunt if you post an update to Zdoom wars

As a side note, fuck a bunch of these people I'm glad they are gone!

Edited by Decay

10 hours ago, Catpho said:

Also,what happened to @Voros?

I was about to ask about him. They were one of the few people that I had a bit more contact with.

Roman6a is behind bars for CP isn't he?

rofl this is the third (or maybe even fourth?) Doomer I've heard you say is locked up with no evidence, the other two being Doomguy666 and ExWizard, neither of which were locked up. Whoever is feeding you this information is a lying sack of shit, though in Roman6a's case I'm honestly not sure, the name is not familiar.

When's the last time mouldy posted anything? I hope he's not gone.

Hmm, his last YouTube video was uploaded over a year ago too.. Hope he's doing alright, swell guy.

1 hour ago, Eris Falling said:

Apparently mouldy last visited DW earlier this month. He's gone quiet for sure, but he's still about.

Thanks. I looked at his page and the last thing I saw was the DWMC back in June. I like his DWMC commentary when it's there, and Going Down is one of my favorite WADs.

On 2/24/2018 at 7:47 AM, NuMetalManiak said:

Yeah I still lurk occasionally. :)

On 2/24/2018 at 8:45 PM, Decay said:

LordBritish

Does LordBritish play assault cube?Cuz i saw someone with the same name on Assault cube playing about last year(Dunno if still active,not playing for awhile)

Btw,wheres @Seele00TextOnly?

On 2/24/2018 at 6:21 PM, Doomkid said:

rofl this is the third (or maybe even fourth?) Doomer I've heard you say is locked up with no evidence, the other two being Doomguy666 and ExWizard, neither of which were locked up. Whoever is feeding you this information is a lying sack of shit, though in Roman6a's case I'm honestly not sure, the name is not familiar.

I don't remember where I had heard about Doomguy666, Exwizard I got from a cop in NY. Roman6a has strange circumstances (south american), Zakken speculates even if there is truth behind the CP bit (roman6a himself said it under alias  (discovered by ip match) and then tried to deny it, and then tried to say he was only memeing), it's not likely the authorities in Peru or Venezuela would lock him up for it.

@Catpho you'd have to ask @Ralphis or other UD higher ups, I'm sure they have a more accurate account of him.

LordBritish is actually a reference to the Ultima series of games. It's a generic enough username that I'd expect multiple people to be using it.

I can definitely confirm that Tarnsman just won't go away is still around. He's more active on Discord presently.