Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I decided to make my own project, it will be a 32 level replacement for Doom 2.

Things I need:

Level designers, Graphic editors, coders.

Any help would be appreciated, email max10pack@yahoo.com

Thanks!

boris said:

Didn't you forget someone to make you music?

And some sound effect peoples...

Ho ho, good luck. Sorry to sound all "against" you, but everyone is already doing their own projects...well maybe not everyone.

Do some stuff yourself...make a few maps, and then people might join you.

....or new sounds, either.
BTW, hate to burst your bubble, but I've heard this "I'm going to make a 32-level Doom2 replacer, but I need help" story so much that I groan when I read another post like this one.
Why not do a couple "test maps" to get into the feel of Doom editing, then when you're sure, go ahead and start on that Doom2 replacer?

boris said:

Didn't you forget someone to make you music?

Just ask Tolwyn like I did.

Why the hell does everyone always try to start off making a 32 map replacement!?!?

Why the hell don't they try a 5 map replacement first and then see how it goes? You guys are all nuts!!!

Grrrrrr

*stomps off in completely irrational rage*

heh

his eyes are too big for his stomach

Marque I think you should try freedoom. You could contribute towards their megawad.

It's really tough to do projects these days even when you have the resources available. People have real lives (supposedly)...Ask Mordeth about this. He's been working really hard on episode 2 & 3 for quite some time but read his webpage on what's been happening. As a member of TeamTNT we find that it does become difficult to complete something, things happen. There are so many projects out there that have gotten off to a good start but have failed miserably. Take the advice of others, do a few maps yourself and see how it can be very difficult to complete something. There are many people out there that have incomplete maps all over their hard drive. It's not that easy, look at "2002 A Doom Odyssey", that took well over two years to complete and alot of patience. There's alot of good advice here on the thread, listen to it.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Lobo said:

Why the hell does everyone always try to start off making a 32 map replacement!?!?

Why the hell don't they try a 5 map replacement first and then see how it goes? You guys are all nuts!!!

Grrrrrr

*stomps off in completely irrational rage*

Well, the first wad I released was a 32-level megawad....then I decided to release my previously-made 11-level wad as well. The best thing to do is make a single level or two, then stick it in a megawad.

RailGunner said:

You just bumped a thread. Dont do it again. But hey, your TNT member so whatever.

<Chris Rock> who da fuck is you to be tellin' dis nigga what be up in dis mothafucka? </Chris Rock>

He bumped a thread in a forum that doesn't have a whole lot of activity, so it doesn't matter.

Oh, but if I bumped a thread, I'd be sent straight to the losers' forum just cause I'm not in TeamTNT :P

It took nearly a year to complete Carnage Galore 3 (first episode), and that's only six maps. Most of that has been tinkering with the code, making and finding new textures, sounds, etc. Still, it would have been finished a lot sooner if real life had not gotten in the way to often. On the bright side, the constant delays allowed me to try out new ideas and fix long hidden bugs.

Episode 2 shouldn't take quite so long to finish as the first one.