Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XLightningStormL

DooM: Resurrected Nightmare [25th Anniversary Demo Release]

Kind of my issue actually :P

Should of released it on here first though

--
(Current WIP still)

The production of 'Resurrect Nightmare/Doom 1 Reloaded' has files made by various people
in the Doom Modding Community, I tip my hat to all of your work, of which this mod
contains, It is in my best way to release this mod.

WITHOUT YOU, THIS WOULD OF NEVER HAVE BEEN MADE!

-- XLightningStormL

Credits to:

The iD Software Team for making Doom, along with the D3/D4 teams for ideas of
the Wraith,
Heavy Rocket Launcher, MG350, Gauss Cannon, Vortex Rifle, Cannon Shotgun,
Plasma PDW, and more.
Tom Hall and his Doom Bible, which much of this project uses as a base,
along with his level design basics.
John Romero for his work in the Doom Community.
Demo-The-Man for inspiring various architecture, the project itself,
and borrowed Spray Rifle, and Rifle Code, and making the COMPSTUF texture patch.
Trent Reznor for the Nailgun, Shambler, Vore and the Possesed Marine
(Old D3 Commando) Sounds.
Jordan Fehr who made the Assault Rifle Fire sound, and the M40 fire sound.
Aubrey Hodges for the amazing PSX-Doom soundtrack, and various PSX-Doom Sounds.
Various people on Realm667 which much of this content comes from, sorry If I
could not credit you guys individually.
The KDIZD Team of which made various sprites, and actors used in the mod.
The Skulltag/Zandronum Team for making various sprites, and actors.
Mike12 for the AR, MP and Carbine sprites.
DoomNukem for the Carbine Sprites.
Project Brutality Team for the Riot Zombie, and Riot Shield stuff.
Doom Enchanced team for the Caco, and Lost Soul pain sounds, and WolfSS Sprites.
Sargeant_Mark_IV for Hell on Earth Starter Pack, of which some actors come from,
along with Leaping Imp Stuff.
MBF Team for the Psychic Soul Code.
Neccronixis For making sprite versions of D4 weapons.
Doom 2.5 Team for making sprite versions of various D3 Stuff.
Various Peeps on Doomworld for giving support.
Doom Wiki, ZDoom Wiki and Doom Wikia.
Doom Expanded Team for making the AltFire Unmaker Code, and Sprites.
Various Custom Texture )on Z-Doom Resources thread) posters for making various
patches and flats used in this mod.
BTSX team for inspiring level design.
Whoever made that Impse Cancer.
ZDoom Community Pack 2 for making Vore DECORATE Code and Sprites from Quake
-Models.
GhastlyDragon on ZDoom forums and Xim for Plasma Marine
and Backpack Marine Sprites.
Cage for two of his texture packs.

In Case I forgot anyone, please do not track me down and rip and tear my head
off.

--

The Battle Rifle sprites were intended to be temporary, will most likely replace them with the scoped one of these

In the terms of the spray rifle, I'll most likely replace the fire code to not be as 'noisy' and to have a new fire sound.

I actually like the mod to be honest, it looks pretty good and plays pretty well. Im sorry i jumped to stupid conclusions. Good work, and i look forward to seeing the completed version. Im sorry to cause a fuss like that.

XLightningStormL said:

Released the Alpha build 01, textures issues will occur (there's supposed to be D64 textures, too lazy to fix atm)

Maps, weapons etc, are not final, yadda-yadda etc, have fun.

I get your not up to fixing these isses at the moment. But in all honestly, those were my only complaints. I liked the monster placement, monsters used, weps, map layout. And over all general feel to the map. (Talking about Knee Deep episode)

These were the two areas that were a major eye sore playing through

Spoiler

Spoiler

I do hope you end up fixing those missing textures at some point. But like I said other then that.... Map is solid. Also, I do hope to see this completed and not dropped. This has so much potential. Thank you for sharing the alpha with us.

@Demo: it's alright everybody's human, nice tei tenga mod, but make sure you check out that feedback I gave you on Moddb.
@Jimp: Doom 1 reloaded: Hell Resurrected :P, anyway thanks for the feedback, next alpha will probably fix the missing textures. I won't drop it, but I will most likely go "mordeath" and have breaks and work on other stuff, just so I don't hate the game after repetitively playing it.

--

In other news, if you guys have suggestions for rooms or anything in any map, put it up, I'm having some issues with the level design of the toxin refinery, since I'm not really use to that sub-style of techbase.

Also, when I finish Ep. 1 ill work on some stuff for Zandronum since that's up to date with the latest gzdoom (supposibly)

Next build will have:
- Some new enemies
- Some new weapons (Dark Claw, Raffica, Hellrifle and Pyro Cannon)
- New maps that can be finished from start to finish (E1M3, E1S1, and E1M4)
- New SFX for all Firearms

Other small changes are being done, for example, Demonic Energy used to power the Unmaker, and Hell Rifle will have a 25% chance to drop, Axes will have a 50/256 chance to drop, and Scores will be brought back in, for a more arcadey feel

Just an update for those who are still here:

The next alpha ETA will be around early to mid next year (currently working on an Age of Mythology project)

Changes include:
- All Vanilla Weapons have been changed and touched upon, for example fists are now about x2 faster, and are silent, Shotgun will now have a more modern/futuristic design (really just the old shotgun with Mike12's vents and changes) and improved sound design (Shotgun sound from Hotline Miami), Pistols are 100% accurate, fire slightly faster and are now technically semi-automatic instead of slow firing auto
- The Addition of new content such as enemies, weapons, etc
- The player can now get allies like in Brutal Doom, and include: Marines (captured marines of the Player's unit, and other marines located in later levels) and Dogs (found in "kennels" in certain maps and other certain areas)
- The addition of a turret has been done, you can find these in areas with lots of corpses and such, essentially it's SgtMarkIV's (credit to him) Heavy Machine Gun, just changed to function like a 100% Accurate Minigun (and using Chaingun First Person sprites and a custom unmanned sprite.
- The Player's code has been changed, and now spawns you with 2 hand grenades, and a flashlight.
- Hand Grenades will be thrown like most FPS' when "G" is Pressed, rather than the player switching to them (if possible)

Megamur said:

True, and I often think that was a typo, as well. Regardless, this is obviously meant as a remake of the original Doom, and in that game, the first level is spelled "Hangar." Calling it "Hanger 2" is incongruous, and makes it seem like an error.

That typo was fixed in the PSN release of Doom Classic Complete. Took long enough huh?

Would Like to announce that D1 Reloaded will now utilize UDMF, and I have as such already converted E1M1 to UDMF (Mostly) and added new changes in atmosphere, design etc

Spoiler

Also I wanna ask if guys want a "HQ Doom Soundtrack" (One of the main topics on ZDoom resources) Classic Doom Soundtrack with Alpha Songs, or Hellstorm Archon Ambient Soundtrack with PSX Doom songs being used for E3 Hell levels

Could you post download links in the first post? I don't want to search through pages to find a link. You know, you can edit your posts.

Ok so i downloaded this a week ago or so, and managed to play through it on a day off i had. This is extremely impressive, e1m1 was really really big, got lost but in a metroid-vania style way. My only complaint is there are way to many guns and ammo sources, which always made ammo kinda feel easy to find. Plus alot of the weapons (mostly rifles, but also shottys) seem to have 2/3 per ammo type, with most of them getting a direct upgrade extremely fast. I would reccomend that you limit most of your weapon slots to two at most, and have the weapons fill a niche(Accurate, Hard hitting, bullethose,Area of effect). Really the only mod that can get away with having massive amounts of guns is Russian Overkill. Keep up the good work, and also ditch the skulltag railgun, it looks like crap.
I can make a map for this if you want.

On terms of weapons, a couple have been removed, changed etc:

- DB Shotgun, and Hypershotgun have been merged, it is intended as a ultra-rare MP, or Super Secret E3 Weapon.
- Semi-Auto Shotgun will be pushed to a E1M6+ or E2 position for balance.
- I can understand how common Ammunition, but I will either balance this out via more monsters, or excluding ammunition to certain difficulties.
- Railgun indeed looks like crap, will either "remake it" or replace it with the Complex Doom Railgun sprites.
- Heavy Chaingun was scrapped, wasn't really much point to it.
In other weapon related news, LMGs have been balanced out a bit more, HMG now has a more accurate Doom-style design, and has been balanced, Minigun has new sounds and design, and in general is a whole lot meatier.

The Whole Idea for D1RHR is variation and size (This is why there are so many weapons, and enemies) although I am not trying to reach nuts.wad sizes.

I will be working on a balance notepad document eventually just to balance out everything, and so things can fill niches.

You mentioned about levels, would you be interested in completing E1M3 Toxin Refinery? I honestly don't want to work on that, just as long as the "Massive, Realistic-ish Size of previous maps with believable but fun spaces" are present.

I don't need to send it to you, you can access it by extracting resurrectmaps.wad from the .pk3 file, and E1M3 is in there.

Also will you be willing to convert it, into UDMF, aswell?

Completely understandable, compared to the first two levels, and the Sewers level, I didn't actually draft a decent map up, so I added stuff, I felt would be "Justifiable" but this in turn cause a lack of quality (especially compared to Earlier levels)

Also, there were plans for E1M3 to have the first appearance of Human Enemies (albeit dead and scouts) essentially inspired by Half-Life's HECU, and to add variation (especially to be used in the later planned mission which will be set outside of the Phobos base, and will be primarily filled with the "Totally not HECU from Half-Life")

If you want a newer, up to date beta version of D1RRN just email me at glenquagmire71(at)yahoo.com, which adds some stuff, has the Vanilla D1 Sky, fixes some stuff etc

Gotcha, ill pop you an email in the morning, basically im cutting a few areas to add in a few bigger areas that serve the same pourpose but look nicer and fill the space between areas. Plus alof of 3d floors, and dynamic lights(glowing nukage)

Nice, any updates? Haven't heard from you in a couple of days.

Currently a bunch of weapons are being removed, and or merged, or replaced with better equivalents. A bunch of weapons have also been balanced

It automatically loads the Doom 2 IWAD, as for update, next one will come out when E1M3, UDMF E1M2, and E3M1, and other stuff, should take between a month to three months to finish at the least, just for quality.

Alright. Also are you going to bundle the music from DOOM 1 into this since right now it doesn't have any of the music since its running on the DOOM 2 IWAD.

Isn't dead, just nothing to post atm, will release when I finish UDMF E1M2, also you MAY need the latest version of GZDoom, due to voxels, and other changes, no zscript atm though.

Screens soon!