Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
explorix

GZDOOM Builder on Windows 10

Hi there everybody

Im encountering quite some problems wenn trying to run GZDOOM Builder on my new OS.
Ive updated Win 10 with the latest updates, but DoomBuilder refuses to work^^

It says i need to download the latest DircetX9 version (win 10 uses X12). Them im getting a link to the Microsoft Download center. However i cant install the X9 because it gives me an error saying i need either windows xp or vista installed...

lol. Do you guys know a fix? Because i much rather use GZDOOM Builder than the standard Doom Builder

Thanks in Advance

Cheers

explorix

That is odd. I got my toes wet with Windows10 when I upgraded my laptop.
After upgrading everything worked as before.
I'm still hesitant to upgrade my desktop. The dust has to settle first.

Since you have some problems, see Required software in the ZDoom forum thread GZDoom Builder 2.3.
Hopefully that will help you.

Kappes Buur said:

That is odd. I got my toes wet with Windows10 when I upgraded my laptop.
After upgrading everything worked as before.
I'm still hesitant to upgrade my desktop. The dust has to settle first.

Since you have some problems, see Required software in the ZDoom forum thread GZDoom Builder 2.3.
Hopefully that will help you.

I upgraded then shortly after returned to 7. There was nothing seriously wrong with 10, 7 simply booted and ran much more smoothly on my setup and 10 didn't offer enough (if any?) compensation. Not to mention the offensively simplistic baby language in use throughout ('search my stuff' etc).

Hi Guys

Thanks for your Replies, i tried everything you've said but it doesn't work.

I still get the Error "needing DirectX9". Maybe i'll jsut wait some time until a newer build is coming out. Well thanks anyways.

Cheers

Alright, i got it to work. I installed this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109 and now it works. I just had to spend some more time on google to find the solution. But thank you Guys

Cheers