Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PsychoGoatee

The physical copy of PC version?

So I could get the physical copy of the PC version and save some money, since I have some BestBuy credit, and pre-ordering there or at Amazon takes 20% off. Where as on steam it's $60, though you could get a cheaper key from one of those key seller sites.

So will the physical copy just pretty much be a blank-ish DVD and a steam key? I'm assuming the game will have to just run on steam in general, considering multiplayer etc?

And who here is going for a physical copy of the PC version?

https://www.g2a.com/doom-steam-cd-key-preorder-global.html

I think most people are looking to get a physical just because... well, first doom game in 12 yrs.

What I linked is a good option, that is ofc assuming you wanna play the game right as it comes out. If you can wait... then I'd take the bb-credit and get it there. I have no idea how much credit you have tho since you didn't specify

One question is, do you think the physical version will come with a steam key, so you don't even need to use the disc? I've had a game like that before, which is interesting since the DVD aspect is kind of extraneous.

PsychoGoatee said:

One question is, do you think the physical version will come with a steam key, so you don't even need to use the disc? I've had a game like that before, which is interesting since the DVD aspect is kind of extraneous.

game will be thru steam, i can't see it being standalone

I haven't bought a physical copy of a game in years, and that's not a habit I'm going to drop now. I'll admit I was kind of tempted to get that collector's edition, but eh.

PsychoGoatee said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure the game is Steamworks, meaning every copy requires a Steam account to play. And a couple of things are possible - either it'll be as you said, and the disc will essentially only contain a Steam installer and all game data will need to be downloaded, or they'll cram as much data as they can onto one or two discs and leave the rest to be downloaded. I doubt they'll fit everything on the disc(s), because it's gonna be tens of gigs in size.