Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluetheIncubus

Making a project... have a need to show pictures of it.

Hello there, everyone. I have decided to work on a new project... and I think it's going along quite smoothly. So, for fun, I am going to show you all development images of what I am doing... one at a time to wait and listen for comments.

100+ EXP to the guy who guesses where these textures are from!

I strongly suggest you sign up for Imgur. It's free and your uploaded images will last as long as you are online on that site.

BluetheIncubus said:

100+ EXP to the guy who guesses where these textures are from!

Sonic Robo Blast 2. Now gimme dem shiny ex-pees!

MaxED said:

Sonic Robo Blast 2. Now gimme dem shiny ex-pees!

You gained 100 EXP.

Level up! You are now LVL 10!

HP: 738+50 = 788
MP: 382+28 = 410
ATT: 51+5 = 56
DEF: 49+3 = 52
SPE: 30+2 = 32
INT: 49+4 = 53

Enjoy your new stats, try not to kill anyone... heh heh heh.

Now then...

I made a dark area with water, also using textures from SRB2.

Which source ports is this for and what type of gameplay?

Breezeep said:

I strongly suggest you sign up for Imgur. It's free and your uploaded images will last as long as you are online on that site.

You actually don't need to sign up and be online there. Imgur allows you to upload pictures and get/use their direct links without having an account.

VGA said:

Which source ports is this for and what type of gameplay?

Originally, I was just gonna use normal ol' ZDoom, but then I ported over to GZDoom due to the ease of use.

The final version of the project with be story based with multiple characters. It will have a similar play style of normal Doom, but with added weapons, features, enemies, and bosses with actual visible health bars... or at least health counters.

Now then, onto something not SRB2 textured.

I made a castle... don't know what I'm gonna put in it yet. I might be a beginning level or something.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Aren't those textures from SRB2 ?

Well... the flowers, water, and sky is... the sky is most likely placeholder for now... as well as the flowers... maybe.

Speaking of SRB2... moar SRB2!

Yep, I imported and lightly edited an old version of GFZ1, ya happy?

(Also ignore the robots for now.)

BluetheIncubus said:

ya happy?

^_Yes_^

BluetheIncubus said:

(Also ignore the robots for now.)

That's my job .

Well, today, I decided to show you all two images instead. This is something I created on the side I decided to add.

I made a metal building thing that uses 3D floors that is also in the middle of the forest. It is the area you spawn in at the beginning of the level.

And here is a little bit of the inside.

You can align those textures vertically with Shift-A, or at least you can in DB2.

Empyre said:

You can align those textures vertically with Shift-A, or at least you can in DB2.

Yes, I know. I did that shortly after, in fact, but I was too lazy to go back and take another picture.

Now, I have improved the geometry of the past level I showed you, and using decorate code, created...

New Enemies!

They all do about the same amount of damage, and damage you by running into you. They are...

Blue Crawls: Simple tank enemies that move slowly and take around 2 to 3 pistol shots to kill

Red Crawls: The more advanced version, they move a bit quicker and take around 4 to 5 shots to kill.

Blue Zeta Crawl: A more advanced looking model of the Blue Crawl. They most slightly faster and take 3 to 4 shots to kill.

Red Zeta Crawl: Again, a more complicated looking upgrade of their more rounder, smoother brothers. They are the fastest of the bunch and take around 6 to 8 hits to kill.

Well... I did something wrong.

Everything got red.

Even items.

Virtual Boy mode?

Somehow, this area is not red for some reason...

Well, I know what's gonna be my avatar when I manage to unlock custom avatars!

CWolfRu said:

You just mapping in zDoom\UDMF and use Sector Color Thing, don't ya?

No, not exactly, I am using GZdoom, and I fixed that issue, it was a strange tag issue that I don't know what created it.

Now then, onto something interesting...

Springs! Yes, they actually work. As you can asume, the blue one only thrusts you up a bit, while the red one makes you soar high into the sky, while the yellow one is in between.

Well, F_SKY1 is just a flat that prints a parallax sky texture over itself and over upper textures of linedefs adjancent to it. If you expected the engine to display the map geometry behind the area covered by F_SKY1, as if the flat could have been actually seen through, you were wrong*. That sky cutoff you have there is nothing miraculous if you've used a sloped F_SKY1 ceiling to cut it off as I assume.

* Thanks to the special way how the engine treats F_SKY1, it actually may work, but only as long as there is no sector brightness variation, no non-F_SKY1 ceilings and no single-sided linedefs in the space between the camera and the to-be-cut-off-or-not object or part of the map.

I would have an update or two... but sadly, the project has been put on hold due to GZdoom builder breaking in 3D mode for some reason, crashing as soon as it is activated.

Can someone report that bug so I can continue working? Now so sure how to report bugs for that program.

Maybe you should try reinstalling it, was happening to me, a reinstall worked.

Edit : My old download was corrupted, i realized. that's why it was happening to me. You should actually try checking your video card. may be that.

When having problems with GZDoom Builder, the first thing to try is to just reboot your computer, the second (if the first one alone didn't help) is to update your graphic card driver (and reboot your computer), and the third is to uninstall and reinstall GZDoom Builder (and maybe reboot too).

I did everything... but I am certain that it is a programming error within the program itself. I have no idea how to fix it... or... work around it.

Did you try to update it? The menu has an updating option.

Also, do normal Doom maps work correctly?

BluetheIncubus said:

...GZdoom builder breaking in 3D mode...

Does it show the program-specific exception dialog (with the stack trace and the link to zdoom.org thread), or just the generic "Program stopped working" window?

If it's the latter, I'll need your project for testing.
If it's the former, can you post the stack trace? (But having the project would help in this case too).

VGA said:

Did you try to update it? The menu has an updating option.

Also, do normal Doom maps work correctly?

I tried updating it again... but I think that is what caused this crashing thing.

MaxED said:

Does it show the program-specific exception dialog (with the stack trace and the link to zdoom.org thread), or just the generic "Program stopped working" window?

If it's the latter, I'll need your project for testing.
If it's the former, can you post the stack trace? (But having the project would help in this case too).

It's the former... and I will do what when I have time.

EDIT, here is the full text time GZdoom builder generated.

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
mscorlib: Cannot access a closed file.
at System.IO.__Error.FileNotOpen()
at System.IO.FileStream.Flush()
at System.IO.BinaryWriter.Flush()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.IO.WAD.Flush()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.IO.WAD.Dispose()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.IO.WAD.Finalize()

***********ACTIONS LOG***********
ERROR: **** mscorlib: Cannot access a closed file. ****
ERROR: **** SlimDX: E_NOTIMPL: The function called is not supported at this time (-2147467263) ****
Starting exclusive mouse input mode...
Binding action methods for BaseVisualMode object...
Previous stable mode is VerticesMode, previous classic mode is VerticesMode
Editing mode changes from VerticesMode to BaseVisualMode
Unbinding action methods for VerticesMode object...
Preparing to change editing mode to BaseVisualMode...
Editing mode change complete.
Binding action methods for VerticesMode object...
Editing mode changes from DragVerticesMode to VerticesMode
Creating undo snapshot "Drag geometry", Source Null, Group 0, Tag 0, Ticket ID 2...
Unbinding action methods for DragVerticesMode object...
Preparing to change editing mode to VerticesMode...
Binding action methods for DragVerticesMode object...
Editing mode changes from VerticesMode to DragVerticesMode
Unbinding action methods for VerticesMode object...
Preparing to change editing mode to DragVerticesMode...
Resources loading took 1.91 seconds
Map loading done
Binding action methods for VerticesMode object...
Previous stable mode is NULL, previous classic mode is NULL
Editing mode changes from NULL to VerticesMode
Preparing to change editing mode to VerticesMode...
Binding action methods for MapManager object...
Loaded 444 textures, 164 flats, 0 colormaps, 87 sprites, 0 decorate things, 0 model/voxel deinitions, 0 dynamic light definitions, 0 glowing flat definitions, 0 sound environment definitions
Starting background resource loading...
Opening WAD resource 'C:\Users\Blue Talron\Desktop\da game\New folder\DoomCraft Adventure.wad'
Opening WAD resource 'C:\Users\Blue Talron\Desktop\da game\New folder\Doom 2\DOOM2.WAD'
Loading data resources...
Reading map data structures from file...
Initializing map format interface DoomMapSetIO...
Copying map lumps to temporary file...
Opening source file: C:\Users\Blue Talron\Desktop\da game\New folder\DoomCraft Adventure.wad
Creating temporary file: C:\Users\Blue Talron\AppData\Local\Temp\v8ruf12g\fcmlvoo1.tmp
Loading game configuration...
Initializing graphics device...
Opening map 'MAP01' with configuration 'Boom_DoomDoom.cfg'
Binding action methods for Launcher object...
Binding action methods for CopyPasteManager object...
Binding action methods for UndoManager object...
Binding action methods for GridSetup object...
Temporary directory: C:\Users\Blue Talron\AppData\Local\Temp\v8ruf12g
Binding action methods for OpenMapOptionsForm object...
Binding action methods for MainForm object...
Startup done
Binding static action methods for class GZGeneral...
Creating types manager...
Creating application clock...
Loading color settings...
Loading script configurations...
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'zennode_fast' from 'ZenNode.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'zennode_normal' from 'ZenNode.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'zdbsp_udmf_compressed' from 'zdbsp.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'zdbsp_compressed' from 'zdbsp.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'zdbsp_udmf_fast' from 'zdbsp.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'zdbsp_fast' from 'zdbsp.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'zdbsp_udmf_normal' from 'zdbsp.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'zdbsp_normal' from 'zdbsp.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'glbsp_fast' from 'glBSP.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'glbsp_normal' from 'glBSP.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'deepbsp_normal' from 'deepbsp.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'bspw32_fast' from 'bsp-w32.cfg'
Registered nodebuilder configuration 'bspw32_normal' from 'bsp-w32.cfg'
Loading nodebuilder configurations...
Registered compiler configuration 'bcc' from 'bcc.cfg'
Registered compiler configuration 'hexen_acc' from 'acc.cfg'
Registered compiler configuration 'zennode' from 'ZenNode.cfg'
Registered compiler configuration 'zdbsp' from 'zdbsp.cfg'
Registered compiler configuration 'glbsp' from 'glBSP.cfg'
Registered compiler configuration 'deepbsp' from 'deepbsp.cfg'
Registered compiler configuration 'bspw32' from 'bsp-w32.cfg'
Registered compiler configuration 'zandronum_acc' from 'acc.cfg'
Registered compiler configuration 'zdoom_acc' from 'acc.cfg'
Loading compiler configurations...
Applying configuration settings...
Binding action methods for EditingManager object...
Creating editing modes manager...
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Strife (UDMF)' from 'ZDoom_StrifeUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Strife (Hexen format)' from 'ZDoom_StrifeHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Strife (Doom format)' from 'ZDoom_StrifeDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Hexen (UDMF)' from 'ZDoom_HexenUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Hexen (Hexen format)' from 'ZDoom_HexenHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Heretic (UDMF)' from 'ZDoom_HereticUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Heretic (Hexen format)' from 'ZDoom_HereticHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Heretic (Doom format)' from 'ZDoom_HereticDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Doom 2 (UDMF)' from 'ZDoom_DoomUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Doom 2 (Hexen format)' from 'ZDoom_DoomHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'ZDoom: Doom 2 (Doom format)' from 'ZDoom_DoomDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Strife (UDMF)' from 'Zandronum_StrifeUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Strife (Hexen format)' from 'Zandronum_StrifeHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Strife (Doom format)' from 'Zandronum_StrifeDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Hexen (UDMF)' from 'Zandronum_HexenUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Hexen (Hexen format)' from 'Zandronum_HexenHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Heretic (UDMF)' from 'Zandronum_HereticUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Heretic (Hexen format)' from 'Zandronum_HereticHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Heretic (Doom format)' from 'Zandronum_HereticDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Doom 2 (UDMF)' from 'Zandronum_DoomUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Doom 2 (Hexen format)' from 'Zandronum_DoomHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Zandronum: Doom 2 (Doom format)' from 'Zandronum_DoomDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Strife (UDMF)' from 'GZDoom_StrifeUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Strife (Hexen format)' from 'GZDoom_StrifeHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Strife (Doom format)' from 'GZDoom_StrifeDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Hexen (UDMF)' from 'GZDoom_HexenUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Hexen (Hexen format)' from 'GZDoom_HexenHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Heretic (UDMF)' from 'GZDoom_HereticUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Heretic (Hexen format)' from 'GZDoom_HereticHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Heretic (Doom format)' from 'GZDoom_HereticDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Doom 2 (UDMF)' from 'GZDoom_DoomUDMF.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Doom 2 (Hexen format)' from 'GZDoom_DoomHexen.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'GZDoom: Doom 2 (Doom format)' from 'GZDoom_DoomDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Doom: Doom (Doom format)' from 'Doom_DoomDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Doom: Doom 2 (Doom format)' from 'Doom_Doom2Doom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Boom: Doom (Doom format)' from 'Boom_DoomDoom.cfg'
Registered game configuration 'Boom: Doom 2 (Doom format)' from 'Boom_Doom2Doom.cfg'
Loading game configurations...
Loading plugin 'VisplaneExplorer' from 'VisplaneExplorer.dll'...
Binding action methods for BuilderPlug object...
Loading plugin 'TagRange' from 'TagRange.dll'...
Loading plugin 'TagExplorer' from 'TagExplorer.dll'...
Loading plugin 'SoundPropagationMode' from 'SoundPropagationMode.dll'...
Loading plugin 'NodesViewer' from 'NodesViewer.dll'...
Loading plugin 'CommentsPanel' from 'CommentsPanel.dll'...
Loading plugin 'ColorPicker' from 'ColorPicker.dll'...
Loading plugin 'BuilderEffects' from 'BuilderEffects.dll'...
Loading plugin 'BuilderModes' from 'BuilderModes.dll'...
Loading plugins...
Starting Direct3D graphics driver...
Showing main interface window...
Loading main interface window...
Binding static action methods for class General...
Starting action manager...
Program configuration is outdated, new configuration will be copied for local user
Loading program configuration...
Command-line arguments: 0
Local settings path: C:\Users\Blue Talron\AppData\Local\Doom Builder
Temporary path: C:\Users\Blue Talron\AppData\Local\Temp\
Application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GZDoom Builder
GZDoom Builder R2364 startup

Install GZDoom Builder somewhere else than into Program Files. Some operating systems handle file access permission in Program Files somehow specially, and quite a few Doom-related programs and utilities are known to be incompatible with it.

BluetheIncubus said:

SlimDX: E_NOTIMPL: The function called is not supported at this time (-2147467263)

Looks like your videocard doesn't fully support DirectX 9. Try updating the drivers.