Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Post your pet pictures!

Douglass, a mixed breed medium hair cat, about 7.5 years old. He's so mellow, you'd think he was constantly on really good pot.

Stormy (left) and Lizzy (right). Stormy is about 7 months old and is a mix between an American Bobtail and a Manx, and is a torbie. Lizzy is 6 years old, a domestic longhair, and a tortoiseshell.

We also have an 8 year old siamese, but I don't seem to have pictures of her. Nor do I have pictures of our Halloween crab.

Oh, this is what I'm really good at.

Spoiler

She's 7 years old. Although this one attacks everyone but me and spoils everything with her fur (thankfully not with crap), she keeps serving her purpose - dissolving the bad thoughts with her purr song - and I love her for that.

All these cats and dogs are fucking adorable. This thread gets an A in my book. I'm waiting for the person with a really exotic pet to post, it's sure to happen sooner or later.

Here are my cats Felicity & Phobos. Felicity is a 4 year old Domestic Short Hair, she likes to stay indoors & only pays attention to me when she wants some food. Phobos is a 3 year old Savannah Cat, Phobos can't stop moving & he loves to be outside. If I wait too long before letting him outside he'll stand by the door & meow as loud as he can until we go out & play, but before bed & feeding time he turns into the best lap kitty around.

This is my dog Saphira, she is a 3 year old Husky & Lab mix. Like all Huskies Saphira loves to be outside, I let her spend about an hour each day outside plus we go for a half hour walk each day before dinner time. She doesn't along with Felicity at all because Felicity likes to randomly swat her with claws, but she does like to play with Phobos.

Doomkid said:

I'm waiting for the person with a really exotic pet to post, it's sure to happen sooner or later.

No pets at the moment, though I occasionally manage to get some of the local wildlife habituated to the point where they can be hand-fed. I was making good progress with a bandicoot last year until it just stopped turning up for a feed, probably killed by one of the neighbor's cats. :(

We also have two turtles, but at the moment they are sleeping somewhere in a dark corner so I don't want to bother them. Maybe next time.

It bothers me that i have more pictures of dog than I have of myself. Penelope ("Penny") Lane, 9 years old, very smart, active, playful, and affectionate. She gets super bad separation anxiety though and can break out of anything you try to contain her in. Once she escaped from our house while we were out on New Years Eve by popping the lock open on a window with her nose, then ran away in the streets of our neighborhood. The police picked her up and put her away in one of the cells in the police station, but before the officer locked the door she nudged the cell door open and began running around inside the police station!

Not really mine since they live at my parents house, but I claim them as family pets.

Kim the goat and Millie the donkey:

ACTION SHOT

(No, Millie doesn't entirely enjoy this)

If you've never had the privilege of getting to know one, donkeys are very intelligent, sweet creatures with a lot of personality. They aren't actually stubborn, they just have an extremely fine-tuned sense of self-preservation (you can't force them to do anything, but if you convince them they will happily do whatever).

Khaki (Kim's sister) who is a lot more outgoing:

Aggressively so, sometimes (I'm not moving my hand here):

Khaki attempting to help me to brush Millie

We also have Lucy who was adorable as a puppy:

Millie and Lucy get along well but the goats are jerks and try to hit (try, because she is waaaaay faster than they are):

Donkeys are good; goats are evil.

Nothing like owning a goat to understand why the devil has a goat face.

Gez said:

Big goats are jerks; pygmy goats like those two are a staple of petting zoos world wide.

40oz said:

It bothers me that i have more pictures of dog than I have of myself.

You're doing it right.

Here's Miki, my 15-year-old border collie. She's well past the expiration date for her breed and still going strong -- she can usually get up the front steps without help.

I love my baby so much.

Gez said:

I thought the devil retained his human face and was more satyr-esque?

Anyway the whole idea of goats being evil was started by Christianity, long before Christianity existed goats were actually revered in quite a few cultures Pan was one example, even Thor's chariot was pulled by two goats.

Avoozl said:

I thought the devil retained his human face and was more satyr-esque?

Well, think of the Icon of Sin...

I like goats a lot, but a buck goat (especially a big one) is a foul animal. Literally; they urinate in their mouths and spray it on their backs where it decomposes and gives a... unique odor. They are also fairly cantankerous and aggressive. This is probably what Gez was thinking of.

Does/wethers are goofy and friendly, though.

Several long years ago, my parents had a goat, which was meant to serve mostly as an autonomous lawnmower system.

The critter's favorite pass-time, however, was not grazing. It was climbing on a roof to jump on the tiles and break them (she seemed to find it as fun as popping bubblewrap), eating people's hair and clothes, chewing on clotheslines, and pooping exclusively in places that we had to clean up instead of in the park. And after her latest round of evil-doing, she'd come find you, look at you directly in the face, and go bahahahahaha to truly rub in it. She was definitely g[l]oating.

Replacing her with a donkey was like night and day.

Ah. A goats are browsers, not grazers, so they make for poor lawnmowers. We have to wrap the trees in the paddock so they don't strip the bark because grass is just too boring for them. They are intensely curious and will explore everything new and exciting (by chewing on it, naturally. It might be delicious!!). Also, higher is always better for a goat. They will climb/jump onto anything they physically can - chairs, logs, trees, donkeys, roofs, whatever. It was probably also bored from being alone. Those two we have will playfight quite frequently.

They do graze from time to time, but I think they pick out the weeds/leaves:

Sounds like you needed a few sheep instead :)

This is Lolla, she's a 6 month old Beagle(Although I suspect she might have some mutt in her). She's an hyper energetic little devil. She's got a cherry eye problem, but's nothing serious, and she's gonna correct it with surgery a few months from now.

This is Felicia. She's a 5 year old persian cat, and she never does anything. She's more my sister's business than anything. Sometimes the dog likes to chase after her and she gets pissed because Lolla is too rough.

darknation said:

Bearded Dragon.

That's quite a cute dragon you have there. I've always felt like an outsider because I think reptiles are cute. To me, there's nothing cuter than a baby tortoise or alligator/crocodile. Especially when a baby tortoise comes up to you and starts nibbling on your finger.

This thread is the perfect place to scroll when I'm feeling under the weather. Thanks to everybody who has participated so far. Wish I could contribute, but I don't really own a pet, sadly.