Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HellVain

I don't get it, whenever i look at the comments on youtube...

There are people who always complain at how slow it looks. I watched all trailers including the multiplayer one and honestly, I don't see anything wrong with it. I liked how you can glory kill someone when theyre close to dying and stunned, that just makes it more satisfying to me.

The gameplay was actually pretty fast, It looked to me like a more advanced version of quake 3 (which I still play a lot to this day) I don't know why so may are complaining...maybe they'd prefer a 3d version of the original game without the new mechanics added..only a graphics overhaul...you know...slow moving enemies (with the exception of the lost soul) and projectiles and no free mouse look, just same old doom with a graphics update...

you're delusional if you think its fast. I think I already posted in another thread, but please go look at halo and its speed/fov almost exactly matches the new doom's (also because I played high level halo pc). I've also played quakelive and hence again, doom's speed is nowhere near. I sometimes think that people haven't even played quake and they're comparing the two games. It's like the teaparty people always talking about constitution when they don't even know any of the amendments or whats in em.

To anyone complaining about the speed, try playing Quake Live with a gamepad. I dare you

HellVain said:

There are people who always complain at how slow it looks. I watched all trailers including the multiplayer one and honestly, I don't see anything wrong with it. I liked how you can glory kill someone when theyre close to dying and stunned, that just makes it more satisfying to me.

The gameplay was actually pretty fast, It looked to me like a more advanced version of quake 3 (which I still play a lot to this day) I don't know why so may are complaining...maybe they'd prefer a 3d version of the original game without the new mechanics added..only a graphics overhaul...you know...slow moving enemies (with the exception of the lost soul) and projectiles and no free mouse look, just same old doom with a graphics update...

As someone who still plays Half-Life DeathMatch online to this day, I think the game looks great.. that being said..

IT IS SLOW FOR AN ARENA SHOOTER. The movement is not that much faster than Halo, in fact this Game is very similar to Halo 4's multiplayer EXCEPT FOR A FEW VERY IMPORTANT CHANGES IN GAMEPLAY. The movement, as well as gunplay is very, very Halo, the loadouts are Halo 4. What makes it vitally different is the no Health-Regen + Emphasis on pickups, in that sense its more like Quake/Doom. So I'd say this game, on a superficial level, is very much Halo 4, but the resource management and health is what distinguishes it.

sleepii said:

you're delusional if you think its fast. I think I already posted in another thread, but please go look at halo and its speed/fov almost exactly matches the new doom's (also because I played high level halo pc). I've also played quakelive and hence again, doom's speed is nowhere near. I sometimes think that people haven't even played quake and they're comparing the two games. It's like the teaparty people always talking about constitution when they don't even know any of the amendments or whats in em.

well okay, well i do think its quite faster than most fps today. You make a fair point so I won't be starting some argument. What do you think of the new Doom?

DooM_RO said:

To anyone complaining about the speed, try playing Quake Live with a gamepad. I dare you

why would I play quake with a gamepad. That game's for PC and playing it with a gamepad is a deathwish for me. I don't own consoles so i never got to practice my controller skills.

CreamCheese said:

As someone who still plays Half-Life DeathMatch online to this day, I think the game looks great.. that being said..

IT IS SLOW FOR AN ARENA SHOOTER. The movement is not that much faster than Halo, in fact this Game is very similar to Halo 4's multiplayer EXCEPT FOR A FEW VERY IMPORTANT CHANGES IN GAMEPLAY. The movement, as well as gunplay is very, very Halo, the loadouts are Halo 4. What makes it vitally different is the no Health-Regen + Emphasis on pickups, in that sense its more like Quake/Doom. So I'd say this game, on a superficial level, is very much Halo 4, but the resource management and health is what distinguishes it.

Hmm....now that you mention it...the glory kills are kinda similar to the assassination kills on halo..only you need to weaken your enemy first. I think youre right, Team fortress was faster than this....I hope they tweak it on the game's release..so far what we've seen are alpha stages.

HellVain said:

Hmm....now that you mention it...the glory kills are kinda similar to the assassination kills on halo..only you need to weaken your enemy first. I think youre right, Team fortress was faster than this....I hope they tweak it on the game's release..so far what we've seen are alpha stages.

I don't think they are going to speed up any of the official game modes, and that is fine. You can already create custom modes and modify speed in them. I'm cool with the game being a bit more sluggy because the verticality of it and the double jump add a whole new dimension of movement. Going fast isn't everything

CreamCheese said:

I don't think they are going to speed up any of the official game modes, and that is fine. You can already create custom modes and modify speed in them. I'm cool with the game being a bit more sluggy because the verticality of it and the double jump add a whole new dimension of movement. Going fast isn't everything

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhzymdEIc1qil6hqo1_500.gif

( I kek'd at that sanic picture)

You can modify speed on snapmap? where did you hear of this?

HellVain said:

( I kek'd at that sanic picture)

You can modify speed on snapmap? where did you hear of this?

I think it was in the Marty Stratton Q&A, theres also "leeks", like the vegetable, that go fast..

But these are the only "leeks" that are allowed to be posted here so, if you are looking for a different type of leek google is your friend.

Maybe because I've only played Halo 1 and 2, but NuDoomguy seemed to moving a lot faster than Master Chief. I mean, it's still not as fast as some may want, but it's not that slow, either.

HellVain said:

why would I play quake with a gamepad. That game's for PC and playing it with a gamepad is a deathwish for me. I don't own consoles so i never got to practice my controller skills.

You don't get it. I was referring to the people who complain that it's not as fast as the old Doom. I dare them to play Quake 3 on a controller because that is how Doom 2016 would be on a controller.

DooM_RO said:

You don't get it. I was referring to the people who complain that it's not as fast as the old Doom. I dare them to play Quake 3 on a controller because that is how Doom 2016 would be on a controller.

this x100

Clonehunter said:

Maybe because I've only played Halo 1 and 2, but NuDoomguy seemed to moving a lot faster than Master Chief. I mean, it's still not as fast as some may want, but it's not that slow, either.

Yeah uh it looks notably faster than Halo and notably slower than Quake. I'm okay with this middle ground, honestly. It isn't a carbon copy of anything else and indeed does not need to be.

Spoiler

sides they all suck compared to DOOM2 DM omg the truth which cannot ever be debated ever it causes such pain 2 u all

Doomkid said:

Yeah uh it looks notably faster than Halo and notably slower than Quake. I'm okay with this middle ground, honestly. It isn't a carbon copy of anything else and indeed does not need to be.

Spoiler

sides they all suck compared to DOOM2 DM omg the truth which cannot ever be debated ever it causes such pain 2 u all

As we all know Doom 2 DM was the pinnacle of Online First Person Shooter gaming which cannot be debated whatsoever its simply infallible and perfect in every way, Tides come in, Tides come out, you can't argue with that.

DooM_RO said:

Oh...cool, I get what you mean XD

CreamCheese said:

As we all know Doom 2 DM was the pinnacle of Online First Person Shooter gaming which cannot be debated whatsoever its simply infallible and perfect in every way, Tides come in, Tides come out, you can't argue with that.

well...I do prefer more of quake in terms of death match (rocket jumping ftw)...but yeah DooM 2's DM was pretty cool...btw, do you know any other online doom ports besides zdaemon? because it seems to be empty and only a few of servers are occupied.

HellVain said:

well...I do prefer more of quake in terms of death match (rocket jumping ftw)...but yeah DooM 2's DM was pretty cool...btw, do you know any other online doom ports besides zdaemon? because it seems to be empty and only a few of servers are occupied.

you... you haven't heard of Zandronum?

Like.. everyone is on Zandronum bro.. I play it at least 3 nights a week and its usually packed.

Also I was being sarcastic haha

Old fashion ultra super strafe fast player speed is an old flawed mechanic - regardless of those who love it. Sure people can adapt to it but it's rather silly and only suitable to a niche. The upcoming Doom is going to be fast and I'm sure we can alter our look speed with both a gaming mouse and ingame options.

Thank God ID have chosen the logical speed.

CreamCheese said:

you... you haven't heard of Zandronum?

Like.. everyone is on Zandronum bro.. I play it at least 3 nights a week and its usually packed.

Also I was being sarcastic haha

.Excuse me while I try to drown myself.

Lol , I haven't heard of zandronum, I used to play Zdaemon alot back around before doom 3 came out and just stopped. I just came back recently Because of the new doom.

Chezza said:

Old fashion ultra super strafe fast player speed is an old flawed mechanic - regardless of those who love it. Sure people can adapt to it but it's rather silly and only suitable to a niche. The upcoming Doom is going to be fast and I'm sure we can alter our look speed with both a gaming mouse and ingame options.

Thanks God ID have chosen the logical speed.

But it still gives you a bit of an adrenaline rush doesn't it?

Chezza said:

Thanks God ID have chosen the logical speed.

Yeah, honestly, there's a reason why the SSG shuns out all other weapons and it's not because of its power. If it was just its power, then it would effectively be an extremely laggy version of the quick melee common in a lot of modern FPSes, a point-blank insta-kill. But you move so fast in Doom that the slow-moving projectiles are basically worthless aside from spamming or predicting when someone's going to turn a corner, and it's hard to keep a lock on someone with the chaingun for long enough for it to be effective, so using that speed to run up to someone and instantly destroy them is easily such a superior option in the majority of situations.

Heck, even buffing the chaingun and speeding up rockets and plasma keep issue, albeit they do lessen it. Certainly, there's a lot of appeal to this absurd amount of speed, but it's not hard to see why it wouldn't keep.

I just find dodging projectiles while moving at high speeds more fun than having to rely on a large pool of health to survive an onslaught - The biggest gripe I have with a lot of PVP modes in various FPS games, new and old, is that it's really hard to defend yourself other than via camping or super slow playstyles. This isn't true across the board, but I've seen it far too often. Doom (and Quake to a degree) are really the oddballs in the FPS world, strategizing feels more like it does in other split-second games like Street Fighter and such.

The speed of the game definitely isn't a "flaw" though, I find that a kind of weird statement to make in such an objective way. The projectiles are often (but not always) useless in overgrown maps, but they're great on smaller turf, which is the majority of commonly played stuff anyway. There really is a gun for every occasion, though the SSG is the best all purpose gun. It's a shame the "which weapons you use most" stats were removed from ZDaemon profiles, I'd be interested to see what my ratio is.

I have a feeling Doom4 will also make sure every gun is useful in it's own circumstance, they might even hit the balance better than old Doom if they do it right!

DMGUYDZ64 said:

You guys want fast movement ? go play Car racing games or ... idk .. Sonic ?

You mean a car with an arsenal to level an army? WHY THE HELL NOT? LETS DO IT.

HellVain said:

Make sure to put brakes,fuel and stuff like that in it, make it even more realistic .

HellVain said:

DMGUYDZ64 said:

You guys want fast movement ? go play Car racing games or ... idk .. Sonic ?

Well see, that's why I said I'm totally content with the current speed of Doom4, it doesn't need to be a carbon copy of Quake deathmatch. Besides if you want fast, Doom2 is still alive and well :)

DooM_RO said:

I know, it will basically just become this. Aka proves how consoles can't handle FPS genre.